Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Admiral T'Nae
03-02-2010, 09:20 AM
So I just finished the mission "Heading Out" where you pick up Damar Kahn at Starbase 114 and take him to Starbase 39 Sierra. Once you arrive there you beam aboard the station and have to go talk to Kahn in the Armory. At the end of his message he says "By the way, talk to Admiral T'Nae on your way off the station. She may have something for you to do" or some words to that effect.

So I go talk to T'Nae and she says "I'm very busy and don't have time to talk to you right now".

I also noticed that Quinn is no longer listed for Hail Starfleet so I'm guessing T'Nae is supposed to replace him -- but what do you have to do to get T'Nae to talk to you?


Also, did anyone else find it confusing that in the Regulus Sector Block there is a Sierra System and a Sierra Outpost II System? I just guessed that Starbase 39 Sierra was in the Sierra system and got lucky. I had a 50/50 shot, I guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
So I just finished the mission "Heading Out" where you pick up Damar Kahn at Starbase 114 and take him to Starbase 39 Sierra. Once you arrive there you beam aboard the station and have to go talk to Kahn in the Armory. At the end of his message he says "By the way, talk to Admiral T'Nae on your way off the station. She may have something for you to do" or some words to that effect.

So I go talk to T'Nae and she says "I'm very busy and don't have time to talk to you right now".

I also noticed that Quinn is no longer listed for Hail Starfleet so I'm guessing T'Nae is supposed to replace him -- but what do you have to do to get T'Nae to talk to you?


Also, did anyone else find it confusing that in the Regulus Sector Block there is a Sierra System and a Sierra Outpost II System? I just guessed that Starbase 39 Sierra was in the Sierra system and got lucky. I had a 50/50 shot, I guess.
Heading Out is just an mission to introduce you to you new mission hub. But it's introduced a bit a level or so too early. The DS9 intro mission is too early as well. Play out the rest of the missions from Episodic missions, Fleet Missions and Patrol missions from Quinn and the others. Once you are finished with Quinn, you'll be ready for Adm. T'Nae

In regards to system names, the missions are (now) accurate with a couple of excptions I can think of. When they say a certain system, it's the system that appears on the maps. But they still don't always point you to the sector block properly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
I also noticed that Quinn is no longer listed for Hail Starfleet so I'm guessing T'Nae is supposed to replace him -- but what do you have to do to get T'Nae to talk to you?
As far as I know, you just have to reach the appropriate rank and grade to qualify for her first mission.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Don't start missing Quinn to much. When he has something for you he'll message ya.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Yeah, I expereinced the same but eventually missions become available. There are some "hidden" prerequisites, like a certain rank and having done the first exploration mission of the new sector.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
So I just finished the mission "Heading Out" where you pick up Damar Kahn at Starbase 114 and take him to Starbase 39 Sierra. Once you arrive there you beam aboard the station and have to go talk to Kahn in the Armory. At the end of his message he says "By the way, talk to Admiral T'Nae on your way off the station. She may have something for you to do" or some words to that effect.

So I go talk to T'Nae and she says "I'm very busy and don't have time to talk to you right now".

I also noticed that Quinn is no longer listed for Hail Starfleet so I'm guessing T'Nae is supposed to replace him -- but what do you have to do to get T'Nae to talk to you?


Also, did anyone else find it confusing that in the Regulus Sector Block there is a Sierra System and a Sierra Outpost II System? I just guessed that Starbase 39 Sierra was in the Sierra system and got lucky. I had a 50/50 shot, I guess.


Interesting. When I finally was done with all missions from Quinn and Sulu and also had run one of each of Grall's missions, T'Nae happily handed me her missions. So it seems you left a few missions out.

And if your orders say "Head to Starbase 39 in the Sierra system" and there are both the "Sierra system" and the "Sierra Outpost II system", which one would an intelligent person, upon reading both the orders and the map carefully, choose?
In other words, there's nothing confusing here, unless you are either unable to follow simple orders or just want to troll.

There are a few missions that neglect to mention a Sector Block for the target system, but in those rare cases the smart people figure it out within 5 minutes on their own, while the stupid and / or lazy people ask in zone chat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-Starfire
Interesting. When I finally was done with all missions from Quinn and Sulu and also had run one of each of Grall's missions, T'Nae happily handed me her missions. So it seems you left a few missions out.

And if your orders say "Head to Starbase 39 in the Sierra system" and there are both the "Sierra system" and the "Sierra Outpost II system", which one would an intelligent person, upon reading both the orders and the map carefully, choose?
In other words, there's nothing confusing here, unless you are either unable to follow simple orders or just want to troll.

There are a few missions that neglect to mention a Sector Block for the target system, but in those rare cases the smart people figure it out within 5 minutes on their own, while the stupid and / or lazy people ask in zone chat.
You're SO sexy when you call people lazy and stupid.

Don't worry OP, the "outpost" part is enough to warrant a double take. And I is confusing that after the "heading out" mission you got the same response from the Admiral. I hope someone can offer you advice that helps.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadB
As far as I know, you just have to reach the appropriate rank and grade to qualify for her first mission.
Yes, once you are high enough level you can start to pick up her missions from the comm channel on your mini map...She gives missions similar to Sulu in the Sol sector. Just do a few more missions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-Starfire
There are a few missions that neglect to mention a Sector Block for the target system, but in those rare cases the smart people figure it out within 5 minutes on their own, while the stupid and / or lazy people ask in zone chat.
It took me over an hour to find the Hobus system. It wasnt very intutative because you are always progressing from one sector to another but in this case you have to go back to a previous sector.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-Starfire
And if your orders say "Head to Starbase 39 in the Sierra system" and there are both the "Sierra system" and the "Sierra Outpost II system", which one would an intelligent person, upon reading both the orders and the map carefully, choose?
bzzzt! It doesn't actually say 'in the Sierra System', but thanks for playing.

It says 'head to Starbase 39 Sierra in the Alpha Centauri Sector Block'. I just rationalized that the 'Sierra System' was a logical place to look for Starbase 39 Sierra -- but then, Sierra Outpost II System wouldn't be much less logical a choice.

I'm actually rather surprised by your response given the number of 'where the heck is' threads on the forums. This is a clear deficiency of the game that has been noted back to OB. It would be mathematically impossible that every person asking a question like this was unintelligent and/or illiterate.

As for T'Nae, you apparently have to be LTCDR-4 to get missions from her. I was a few points shy of that when I posted the OP. After doing one Patrol mission from Sulu I was able to get missions from T'Nae.

Thanks to all who posted for the information!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 PM.