Lt. Commander
Ok so i've done some extensifve and expensive testing. I purchased and commissioned over 100 Alien Bridge Officers of Rare quality, and several dozen Uncommon ones. Tactical and Science class ones specifically. Not a single one of them was of the female persuasion. This is absolutley astounding, either female random chance for this race is below 1% or it doesn't exist at all. This is makes it impossible to crew a ship with your own custom race, unless said race is all male but who wants that much beef on a ship?

Further into this and more of a general problem is that no Bridge Officer Candidate of any race of Uncommon/Rare/Very Rare quality lists their gender on either the tooltip or the info screen. It makes crewing your ship a crap shoot unless you get lucky enough to find ones with blatantly feminine names.

Far and away this is the most irritating of any of the problems i've come across in the game, and this is considering the fact that my main character has the Runabout display bug lol. Hope this gets fixed soon, very soon. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 10:49 AM
BOs should be showing gender now, at least on the exchange. It appears that as of the last patch, newly posted BOs show up this way, but older ones do not.

I just picked up a full crew of females for my Klingon in this fashion.

If you filter the search on the exchange using 'female', you should be able to find what you want, taking into account the limitation I just mentioned.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 11:02 AM
What you're referring to is Common quality Bridge Officers. These show gender, it's every other quality that does not. So yes, in theory, i could crew a ship with common quality female aliens. However then they're not as good as they could or should be for a tier 4 ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Where, other than the Exchange, do you acquire rare Bridge Officers?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2010, 05:12 PM
The bridge officer requisition officer gives common quality candidates for merits, or you can obtain them from a few different missions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Right now the rare BO's only seem to have better traits than the standard ones. The difference is not game breaking, so if you want female aliens you can purchase them from the recruiter and use any BO to train them in some higher ranked skills.

I have done this for my all Ferengi crew, only a couple of them were green or blue, most were bought from the npc and then trained up from rare Bo's I have found or purchased.

But I do agree that there should be more variety in sexes for the rares for people that want them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathu View Post
Right now the rare BO's only seem to have better traits than the standard ones. The difference is not game breaking, so if you want female aliens you can purchase them from the recruiter and use any BO to train them in some higher ranked skills.

I have done this for my all Ferengi crew, only a couple of them were green or blue, most were bought from the npc and then trained up from rare Bo's I have found or purchased.

But I do agree that there should be more variety in sexes for the rares for people that want them.
I've done mostly the same thing. I wanted a Ferengi crew, but after getting some green and blue aliens I've added a Cardassian and a Hupyrian bodyguard to the mix.

Is there a way we can tell which one of our BOs are blue or green after we activate them?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2010, 08:26 AM
You would have to look at their status screen. The stats list as "Superior" or whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by signofjustice View Post
You would have to look at their status screen. The stats list as "Superior" or whatever.
Ah, okay. Thanks!