Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
Are there NPC's that sell Mark III and MK IV weapons? I'm a LT. Cmdr, and I'd like to get a III or IV turret. So far the only NPC's that i've noticed sell weapons for PVP reward tokens, but I don't enjoy PVP at all. I checked the exchange, but turrets for sale were 100K + and I only have 25K.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't recall offhand if there's a vendor who sells Mk III or IV weapons for energy credits, but if you go to the Ship Requisition section of the Sol Starbase, there is a vendor who will sell some Mk IV weapons for Exploration Badges.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 01:36 PM
yes if you are federation. not sure about klingon.

but in earth spacedock, at the shipyard. go up the ramp and use the turbo lift. as you enter the room there are a couple vendors ahead and to the left who sell ship weapons. the on furthest form the turbolift is the one who sells the mk ii, mk iv, and mk vi weapons.

to see what they have for sell follow the starship requisitions link in my sig. it is just a list and price info not detailed item data.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Starbase 39 in Sierra Sector has someone who sells Mk III and V ship gear.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Starbase Sierra-39 (Sierra System, in the Alpha Centauri block - note, not Sierra Outpost II) sells some MKIII and MKIV weapons, but doesn't have that large of a selection (off the top of my head, anyway).

You get a mission to go there midway through Lieutentant Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2010, 01:48 PM
thanks for the info! just a quick question. LT. Cmdrs. can use both III and IV right?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMALLTALK
thanks for the info! just a quick question. LT. Cmdrs. can use both III and IV right?
You are correct sir; Every rank has 2 item marks applied to it (Lieutenants being MK I and II, LCDR being III and IV, and so on).
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks again.

I freaking love this game, and its community is pretty good so far!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2010, 03:53 PM
For Feds, the vendors in Starbase 39 (Sierra system, Alpha Centruri Block) sell Mk III and Mk IV items.

For KDF, the "Warrior" (as opposed to the "Bureaucrat ") vendor in the SW corner of the Quo'nos Shipyard sells ship components from Mk I to Mk VI for energy credits. The "Bureaucrat" vendor sells Mk VII to MK X gear.

And yeah, I agree - the exchange prices are just rediculous. Is it any wonder I'm creating a money generating character?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2010, 03:55 PM
You'll find most of the "basic" gear available as MK III in Sierra-39, but the rest of it is unavilable there, and you cant buy level 4 gear there at all except for your away team (and that doesnt include shields or armor, only weapons, kits and the like). You need to get exploration badges from exploring the Hromi cluster, to buy anything III or IV for your ship that isnt available by energy in Sierra.

I found it was just easier to L3 most of my ship at Sierra when i first became an LTCDR, and then when i was LTCDR5 or so, start exploring (since i'd pick up most MK IV stuff as mission rewards or loot drops) to fill in the blanks on my ship.

You can get MK IV rare impulse engines, rare deflectors and rare shields from completing Past Imperfect, The Doomsday Machine and that other mission Admiral Quinn gives you once you've finished the first two i mentioned.