Lt. Commander
I would love to speak to Atari to determine the status of my order placed early yesterday. There feedback contact form does not work and there is no phone number posted anywhere that I could find.

I would like to know when my standard edition of STO with FREE shipping and the EXTRA 60 Days of play time will be shipping.

I have tried every avenue at the Atari site. I am hoping our good friends/gms/mods here can lend a hand.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Best of luck to you man. And I mean that very seriously. Don't get discouraged if they hang up on you!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 01:26 PM
You want support? Come on dude, they have your money now. Why should they care anymore?? Phone number. lol!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 01:29 PM
I wish I had a phone number to call.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
I would love to speak to Atari to determine the status of my order placed early yesterday. There feedback contact form does not work and there is no phone number posted anywhere that I could find.

I would like to know when my standard edition of STO with FREE shipping and the EXTRA 60 Days of play time will be shipping.

I have tried every avenue at the Atari site. I am hoping our good friends/gms/mods here can lend a hand.
I don't think it will make any difference to be honest. Since last night Atari have added this to their support pages

FOR ALL INQUIRIES ABOUT STAR TREK ONLINE

Star Trek Online Technical, In-game support and Beta Access questions for Star Trek Online is handled by the Cryptic Studios Support Team. You can contact the Cryptic Studios Support Team by using the following link: http://www.startrekonline.com/support

Payment and billing questions for any purchase made on Atari.com - including Star Trek Online - should be directed as follows: http://www.atari-store.co.uk/pages/help

Looks like Atari aew washing their hands of it and leaving the support up to the Cryptic team.
Atari closed their technical support telephone lines around 2005 I think.

This is Atari US retails info.

Company Name Atari, Inc.
Headquarter 417 5th Ave
New York, NY, 10016-2204
www.atari.com
Country USA
Phone Number +1.212.726.6500
Industry Software & Internet
Employees 232

I always find, when I want results that it's a good idea to get the office address of the chairman or CEO and send him a stinking email but be sure to CC it to as many reputable games magazines as you can. I've never been ignored yet.
Had the UK director of T-Mobile call me personally and resolve a problem (free phone, bill written off ) when I tried a similar method after getting no joy from their overseas goons in customer support.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2010, 02:03 PM
The 212 number gave out a different number 800-310-2850 which seems to be Digital River.

The representative I am speaking to is checking on my order as I write this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
The 212 number gave out a different number 800-310-2850 which seems to be Digital River.

The representative I am speaking to is checking on my order as I write this.
Wow That's very odd. The Digital River people are actually a 3rd party commerce company that handles all of Atari's advertising. Actually, it may be them you want to speak to if you have an issue with a certain false advert that may or may not have appeared this weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
So far I have been told that my order included no special add on. I told the rep that I have screen shots of the advertising and that my order was placed prior to the ad being pulled.

The rep is escalating my order up the chain to a department that can hopefully take care of the issue.

He told me that he does not have a number for Atari either.

Digital River hosts the Atart.com store. I spoke to a James. The call center is located in the Philippines.

He said that I should expect a reply in 24 to 72 hours via email.

If anyone from Cryptic comes along can you please try to escalate this in house. It should not take this much work to honor the promotion.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Just a follow up. I just received a phone call from Atari's legal department asking for particulars on my order. I was told that if the order was placed prior to the ad being removed that he would make sure that I received what was advertised.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Just a follow up. I just received a phone call from Atari's legal department asking for particulars on my order. I was told that if the order was placed prior to the ad being removed that he would make sure that I received what was advertised.
Atari's LEGAL department? So that's where it is now, huh?