Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
What difference does it make in a PVP how many ship types we have? And what difference does it make how many science vessels we have if you're just going to QQ until the science abilities are nerfed?
My original point SNB followed by VM is insanely OP. In any other mmo an absolute disable with no counters for 15 sec would be unheard of, yet we have that with SNB followed by VM. Do you dispute that this needs a nerf?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos23 View Post
My original point SNB followed by VM is insanely OP. In any other mmo an absolute disable with no counters for 15 sec would be unheard of, yet we have that with SNB followed by VM. Do you dispute that this needs a nerf?
The point is it's an exploit, but it's one that benefits Klingon players even more than Feds... So you deciding to make a premade Klingon SNB+VM squadron and ruin everyone else's game experience until you get what you want is a little self-centered. By that logic, we all ought to be lobbying to have cloaking devices nerfed into uselessness since all they do is give Klingons an advantage.

Edit: And no, I don't think it's "insanely OP". All you have to do is attack from behind and you can't be hit by either SNB or VM. If hit by VM alone, Science Team I is enough to break it. That's hardly the same level of exploit I see Klingons using all the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
The point is it's an exploit, but it's one that benefits Klingon players even more than Feds... So you deciding to make a premade Klingon SNB+VM squadron and ruin everyone else's game experience until you get what you want is a little self-centered. By that logic, we all ought to be lobbying to have cloaking devices nerfed into uselessness since all they do is give Klingons an advantage.
I'm only doing this because i FIRST saw it used by the feds in a premade. What is worse is they "loled" in zone chat about it. I am a science officer and I want it nerfed because using two skills in an all science premade is really cheesy. The nerf needs to come does it not? Klingons and Fed science officers are equally affected so that is fair is it not sir?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos23 View Post
I'm only doing this because i FIRST saw it used by the feds in a premade. What is worse is they "loled" in zone chat about it.
Yeah, you know what? I can't even play in some PVP maps anymore because of Klingons exploitng the poor game mechanics. At RA, Cracked Planetoid is spawncamped literally 90% of the time. So I'm not really going to shed any tears over the fact that you were "loled" once in zone chat. Especially not while you're claiming to be ready to do the same thing to me and everyone else so no one can enjoy the game until you get what you want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
Yeah, you know what? I can't even play in some PVP maps anymore because of Klingons exploitng the poor game mechanics. At RA, Cracked Planetoid is spawncamped literally 90% of the time. So I'm not really going to shed any tears over the fact that you were "loled" once in zone chat. Especially not while you're claiming to be ready to do the same thing to me and everyone else so no one can enjoy the game until you get what you want.
Ok the camping spawn is cheesy as well i agree and I don't do it with a premade but if i am Puging usually the others will ignore me wanting to let the feds ball up first. I don't patronize my opponents unless they are an all fed science premade with SNB followed by VM. Who knows maybe those feds learned the strat from Klingons my friend, who knows.

The point is that an all science premade with SNB followed by VM is a blatant exploit. Cloak just makes that exploit better than the feds at using it but cloak is not the issue, that insanely op combo is. I am educating people in zone chat and fleet about this strategy so those out there who want to be pvp Gods can cheese this strategy until the nerf comes. I will not use the strategy on a fed premade with only one or two science ships though to be fair. If a fed uses that combo on me i will however have my all science premade cheese the victory with SNB followed by VM.

*EDIT: Science officers I mean, not science ships, as the SNB is only available to them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos23 View Post
My original point SNB followed by VM is insanely OP. In any other mmo an absolute disable with no counters for 15 sec would be unheard of, yet we have that with SNB followed by VM. Do you dispute that this needs a nerf?
I don't say this often but, Learn to Play. Why not make a constructive post asking for advice on what to do instead of bashing science officers and showing how little you know about the game.

I highly doubt anyone is going to help you in this thread but I'll give you a hint: There's a search box, use it. You play on a team, use them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah, the exploit is bad, so let's use it every chance we get and tell others to use it too. Great logic. You lost one PVP so now you have to ruin it for all of us.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontact
I don't say this often but, Learn to Play. Why not make a constructive post asking for advice on what to do instead of bashing science officers and showing how little you know about the game.

I highly doubt anyone is going to help you in this thread but I'll give you a hint: There's a search box, use it. You play on a team, use them.
You cannot be serious. SNB has no counter you do realize this right? I am a science officer and I have two other tier 5 characters as well, so i know what I'm talking about. Do you even realize what SNB followed by VM does and that it has no counter? Read and educate yourself my friend before responding.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I have to admit that Science has certainy aided by BoP Captain. I dont use VM at all and I save SNB for those especially hard to crack opponents. That being said, I wouldnt blink an eye if both BO skills were eliminated from the game or made significantly less effective in PvP.

Between Science and battle cloak, my BoP's survival rare is pretty darn good, but it doesnt necessarily improve my kill rate/lethality...but then again, I never expected my BoP to be the end all in ship kiling...Im a DPS multilplier for the much more lethal KDF ships in the group.

My job is to help that Cruiser or Raptor "pop" that Fed Cruiser or Science ship faster...not for me to go out and "pop" Fed heavies solo.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 AM.