Lt. Commander
# 11
03-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeedy2k
/facepalm

I can play every MMORPG out there with no lag and framerates of 60+ but I get server disconnects in STO. Must be my system. Nevermind this game has had a history of server disconnects since open beta.

PS: the extra capacity was never put in. They said they were going to one weekend and never did. Stability has gotten better because a lot less people are logging in now.
yes it was they switched the test server to join up with the main server. Thats why they are just now opening up a new test server.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danleach View Post
The only time Ive ever had server disconnects is when the server has crashed and kicked everyone off.
i.e. very rarely
How very nice for you. There are still quite a few people who are experiencing this issue. Now that the number of people logging in has gone down things have gotten much better. I still get the "server disconnect" message but now it just hangs there and eventually it sends me to wherever I was headed. It just takes me longer. Of course it has gotten me kicked out of a group or 2 as by the time I'm in the system they are normally working on the second objective.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
I wish you luck as I have had none, I ran their tool and show everything wide open and still have problems.

I have ports forwarded on my router (the same ones the tool checks) and no software firewall or AV running while playing..

still no love...
Remove port forwarding

Create a post on the appropriate forum
http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

Review my FAQ
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...36#post2104036
Lt. Commander
Hey there just to inform all i have fixed the problem thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. It would seem all i needed to do was to change my proxy from none to eu and it seems to work now, yeahhhhhh off to frag some borg.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeedy2k
PS: the extra capacity was never put in. They said they were going to one weekend and never did. Stability has gotten better because a lot less people are logging in now.
Not true at all. We did two large orders of new hardware, and added all of that hardware to the shard at the end of open beta and during the first week after launch. We also made numerous performance improvements to the software.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-04-2010, 12:02 AM
I have been looking at the disconnect problem that plagues some people when switching maps. I have a few ideas, but nothing really concrete yet. But we will keep working on it until it gets resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-04-2010, 04:16 AM
i was getting disconected yesturday every 5 min in space combat for the first time ever but as soon as I started a ground based mission they stoped. And it was like a crash, straight to log in screen. kind of wierd actualy
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
I have been looking at the disconnect problem that plagues some people when switching maps. I have a few ideas, but nothing really concrete yet. But we will keep working on it until it gets resolved.
If theres something we can do to assist let me know.