Lt. Commander
# 1 Regarding the galactic map...
02-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Hello, Cryptic (and fellow players too).

Stonking great work on the game, your commitment to Trek tradition puts Bad Robot to shame. =) To help you in your eternal quest for Trekly perfection, I suggest a reworking of the map. My biggest geeky annoyance with it is that it puts Borg space in the Alpha Quadrant, completely in the opposite direction from their established borders. I understand the need for finding a place for it to fit within the overworld, but it seems completely out of place in it's present position. I also think it would improve the map to flesh out the edges of it. Show us how far it is to the Gamma/Delta border! It gives the world a sense of scope. To improve adherence to canon, You might consider widening the gaps between sector blocks in the galactic map (Not to say you would actually make it take days to get to them, but show how much space you're skipping over!)

How about the rest of you guys, how do you think the map could be improved?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Yes, the map needs improvement. However, I'm much more concerned with functionality, rather than form; it needs a search tool...there's no reason why u can't find what sector block any given system is in just by typing it in. As it is now, you have to memorize what systems are in each sector block as u go...last i knew my ship had a computer on board and a large number of episodes will back this up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 01:43 PM
It needs molre functionality and at least an explanation of the Borg region in the Alpha Quadrant.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2010, 03:32 PM
http://www.geekstir.com/wp-content/u...3/trekmap2.jpg

Looks like this may have been used for reference
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2010, 03:27 AM
No Borg in that map. That looks like it came from the Star Charts.
Lt. Commander
# 6 The galexy map
03-04-2010, 04:23 AM
The map in a nice feature, but it definatly has it's issues. There are to many systems to show each one on the map, but a text listing of all of the systems in alphabetical order, would be a great help. It would help stop all of the "Where's ........?" questions in the chat box, and the constant irritant of answering these simple, and annoying questions. As was noted earlier. These ships do have computers on them. They wouldn't have to fly from the Sirius sector block to the Regulus sector block, only to find that it's not the sector block you were looking for. A couple of weeks ago, I found just such a map/alphabetical listing chart on the forums. I copied and saved it to my desktop. So I'm not the one asking the questions. But for everyone of us that found such a map. There are ten players that haven't. I can't understand why if a player can make up such a map, Why Cryptic can't. Then there's the fact, why should those of us that have found the/a map, have to switch between game screen and desktop just to look at a map, or print a map when there's one in game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 12:50 PM
That link is so very detailed, it took me a while to find home on there. And yes I'm also not seeing Borg there.

I wonder how many of these planets will eventually be put into the game as visitable? Of course they can't render a whole planet, but like in the current form where you enter one city or something.