Lt. Commander
# 1 Troubling Precedent- STF's
03-03-2010, 12:10 AM
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=73923

scroll down past the pictures to this little detail:

Special Task Forces (STF) Every two weeks beginning week of 3/1

ummm, patch notes from today say the STF'es are going to be on Tribble (test server)
http://www.startrekonline.com/release_notes

but just last week during the State of the Game announcement, we were told the STF's were 'just about ready for release' http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1182

so, either Tribble is coming first....and everyone at T5 is going to copy characters to it to do the raidisodes (leaving Reg server empty of T5's), OR
we get new STF's this week. idk, i for one am confused. anyone else able to fingure this out?

which one is it? which one do you think people buying this game w/60 xtra days at $10 off think?

and if the STF's (raid-isodes) are pushed back even further, onto the PTR (Tribble), isn't that just Beta-testing the End-game content the ad is promising we'll get this week? i still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last set of content we Beta tested...that they released BUGGY and UNFINISHED.

AND if the STF's (raid-isodes) are pushed back onto the PTR (tribble), what does that say about the state of the 45 day content patch we klingons were promised?

i for one think this needs clarification, ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 12:19 AM
I don't think we'll actually see any of the new content on the live server until day 60. Even then, I suspect it'll be very very light on Klingon specific content. As in the only thing for Klingons will be the new ships and the rest of the stuff is actually for both factions. The new Klingons "ships" is probably just the T2 cruiser with the standard 3 versions we can mix and match in the customization screen.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 06:18 AM
point is, on 3 seperate occasions we're told 3 different stories about 1facet of gameplay:

when the STF's are coming.

1-advertisement (1st link) says they're gonna be live! this week)

2-patch notes say they're gonna be on Tribble....whenever it gets up

3-last week's State of the Game says they're almost done testing it internally (very vague in this one)

Cryptic needs to get it together and stick to one story.
is this how it's gonna go with the 45 day patch? cause it wasn't too long after we heard about that, that we heard about STF's
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Tribble will be most useful for testing things that affect game balance, like Death Penalties, turn rate tweaks, fixes to Crowd Control, etc. Content testing generally occurs in-house, with any public testing being done for final polish.

Like all servers of a test nature, I suspect it will be wiped periodically in order to allow for a "clean" test environment.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
point is, on 3 seperate occasions we're told 3 different stories about 1facet of gameplay:

when the STF's are coming.

1-advertisement (1st link) says they're gonna be live! this week)

2-patch notes say they're gonna be on Tribble....whenever it gets up

3-last week's State of the Game says they're almost done testing it internally (very vague in this one)

Cryptic needs to get it together and stick to one story.
is this how it's gonna go with the 45 day patch? cause it wasn't too long after we heard about that, that we heard about STF's
I'll say it again:

What 45 day patch? Where is the link to this promised 45 day patch? Nobody has produced a link to any article or interview anywhere in which anyone from Cryptic states there will be a patch at the 45 day mark.

Mind you, I wouldn't object to such a patch, but I do not think it is wise to count on such a thing unless it can be substantiated. Please, provide a link.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 01:40 PM
http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=1672 FForward to about 26:27 of this interview with Craig Zinkiewicz, on February 23.

Klingons have, since OB, had this '45-day patched' dangled in front of their noses like a Magic Carrott on a stick. please forgive me Tom for not being able to provide a more concrete link, this is the closest i can find.
it's been a while since OB, a lot of the Threads are now archived, it's basically like sifting through a dumpster for a comb.

however, in the link above, i can only imagine the '1st update' Zink is referring to is this one-

http://www.startrekonline.com/upcoming_content in this article, it says 'in the next 2 months' and 45 days out falls smack in between month 1 and 2.

in both links, Klingons are suppose to get New content. i assume both are official, seeing as how Zink confirmed the update and addition of Klingon content in the 'What's Next For STO' link on the official STO homepage.
but as my OP has shown, some of the content from that first update has been post-poned and is now intended to go live on the PTR (Tribble) instead of the Holodeck shard.

my question still remains, and i think is more valid now-

are we still going to get New Klingon content with the first update (arguably this is more than likely the '45 day content patch' i keep referring to)
OR
is the new Klingon content going to the PTR with the Raid-isodes?
hopefully now you can more fully understand my concerns (espescially since my main is KLingon)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Well, its not as specific as I would have liked, but its better than nothing. Thank you.