Lt. Commander
# 11
03-03-2010, 06:05 AM
I remember that game..was hilarious.

The puzzles on each level were fun, and it was totally a Star Trek experience.

The starbase level where the romulans take over and you have to make tildith gas to knock them out was a fun one. Take too long and Spock dies. Or try to go down the ladder without using the gas too often and a security guy goes first and gets vaporized.

I remember the last starship fight as being a bugger though, and if you clicked the wrong part of the starmap to warp somewhere you ended up in the neutral zone.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushlite View Post
I remember the last starship fight as being a bugger though, and if you clicked the wrong part of the starmap to warp somewhere you ended up in the neutral zone.....................
hahaha, I remember that, u end up versing elasi pirates......why arent they in this game ? we got the orion....
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushlite View Post
I remember that game..was hilarious.

The puzzles on each level were fun, and it was totally a Star Trek experience.

The starbase level where the romulans take over and you have to make tildith gas to knock them out was a fun one. Take too long and Spock dies. Or try to go down the ladder without using the gas too often and a security guy goes first and gets vaporized.

I remember the last starship fight as being a bugger though, and if you clicked the wrong part of the starmap to warp somewhere you ended up in the neutral zone.
See, this kind of stuff is what we are missing in the game. There is absolutely no thinking to be done. Need to find out what happened on a deserted base? No problem, make 1 click on the computer console and your crew will tell you everything you need to know, nothing to figure out. So easy a caveman can do it!

Need to open a door or bypass a security lock? No problem all Starfleet officers must be trained to crack any type of encryption no matter where you are in the galaxy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-03-2010, 07:28 PM
He's thinking of NetTrek. 25th anniversary, final unity and the like were adventure/puzzle games in the mid to late 90s. NetTrek was an ASCII art based game that ran on 286-486s, top down, with a galaxy view, while federation, klingons, romulans and orions tried to capture the galaxy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-03-2010, 07:50 PM
or even problems like the ones on bio shock.....if they could bring the "think" back into mysteries and problem solving, instead of just clicking on a computer, that would be good (HINT ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I remember playing a star trek game on commodore 64. Needless to say it was a long time ago and the game was pretty....rudimentary, but it was still a trek game so we played the hell out of it!
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Anyone remember EGA Trek??

I still have to boot up my old Win3.1 system to play that every once and a while.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaBlue View Post
Anyone remember EGA Trek??

I still have to boot up my old Win3.1 system to play that every once and a while.

OMG yes, I still play it using a emulator every once in a blue moon.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Anyone remember what that mission was where you had to work out that mathematical equation or w/e it was in 25th aniversary?