Lt. Commander
# 1 How to check power readings?
03-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Ok, i hear a lot about how firing all your weapons at once drains your power, and i've watched the 4 stat indicators for my power allocation and nothing changes during my firing sequences, not even slightly.

Am i looking in the right place for power consumption or is there another section? II think emergency power has it's own finite resource that's not 1 of the 4 listed, and i'd love to know where i can get info on that too.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Only beam weapons and turrets consume, not cannons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 08:05 AM
You have to change the view settings for your power meter. There is a little button to the right of your power settings. Click it and change the view to setting two or three.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKcS View Post
Only beam weapons and turrets consume, not cannons.
All energy weapons consume energy, even cannons. The main difference there is that cannons have a shared 1 second cool down, and fire for 2 seconds while recharging for 1, so you're not able to fire them in the large numbers that you can with beams. The net result is that if you're only using cannons, the most your weapon energy should dip is by 10 points.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2010, 03:42 PM
What abotu emergency power though? it seems if you have multiple engineering powers that use emergency power, even though they dont have a shared cooldown, it seems that if you activate one power too soon to the other, nothing happens no the second power.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
What abotu emergency power though? it seems if you have multiple engineering powers that use emergency power, even though they dont have a shared cooldown, it seems that if you activate one power too soon to the other, nothing happens no the second power.
All the 'Emergency Power to <system>' abilities have a shared 20 second cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Pity it's not like the torpedo cooldown where it disable the other ability till the cooldown is finished.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Pity it's not like the torpedo cooldown where it disable the other ability till the cooldown is finished.
Erm, it is, at least for me. When I activate, for example, Emergency Power to Shields, I can't activate any other Emergency Power to <system> ability for 20 seconds. That's how a shared cooldown works.

If you can activate one during this time, I can only assume it's either a bug or a lag issue.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadB
Erm, it is, at least for me. When I activate, for example, Emergency Power to Shields, I can't activate any other Emergency Power to <system> ability for 20 seconds. That's how a shared cooldown works.

If you can activate one during this time, I can only assume it's either a bug or a lag issue.
When I activate emergency power to shields, i can still activate "emergency power to structural integrity" within 20 seconds, it starts a "recharge" for the EP to SI ability, but it doesnt actually heal teh hull like it's supposed to.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
When I activate emergency power to shields, i can still activate "emergency power to structural integrity" within 20 seconds, it starts a "recharge" for the EP to SI ability, but it doesnt actually heal teh hull like it's supposed to.
Errm - IS there an "Emergency power to structural integrity" skill? The one I've got is AUXILIARY power to structural integrity ... i.e. on a different cooldown.