Lt. Commander
# 11
03-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I totally owned. It totally worked. I had team8s that were disciplined and we won...

I don't know what to think now that I know how to use it...
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
To make if fairer, realastic it should take 30 secs to change weapons not instantly.
30 secs to change weapons - what type of weapons do you have. It take me about 2 to drop a weapon and grab another. (rifle with sling to pistol in holster) and that's real life.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I have to be honest, now that I managed to figure it out, it's not 2 shot kill... I exposed a couple of times n when I did, there was always m8s to exploit... And we needed at least 2 expose/exploit to kill, so I might have exagerated

Anyway, I like the game more and more! But It would be better to have some kind of communication system in the pvp queues to make it happen. Imagine you could arrange 2 captains against 5 LtC for example...
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I have had one shot kills in pvp where the target was vaporized
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-03-2010, 08:23 PM
some abilities expose too, like the stasis field and the gravimetric shift.

Basically, you need to get a "orange crosshair" to appear on your target by hitting them with an expose attack (this can be as simple as a phaser on stun or a melee) and then once the crosshair is there, use the secondary fire on most phser rifles and it'll disintegrate you.

My personal weapon of choice for this is the high density beamrifle or the splitbeam rifle, because both fire practically instantly whereas the sniper needs to build up for 2 seconds, but all 3 exploit.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonenili
Expose / Exploit switches really need to be looked at for PvP. They need to share a cooldown, or something, as many feel this 'exploit' is a major factor in people no longer que'in for PvP ground.
why on earth would this be an issue?

expose attacks arent guaranteed, if they were i could see your point but as it is its fine, atleast on ranged weapons.

what needs fixing is the melee expose proc. IIRC all 3 attacks on melee have that expose chance, and as it can be spammed so much faster it procs more often.

melee needs to have the exact same function as ranged when it comes to this, 1 for normal damage, another for expose chance WITH A COOLDOWN and the third for knockback.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgald View Post
why on earth would this be an issue?

expose attacks arent guaranteed, if they were i could see your point but as it is its fine, atleast on ranged weapons.

what needs fixing is the melee expose proc. IIRC all 3 attacks on melee have that expose chance, and as it can be spammed so much faster it procs more often.

melee needs to have the exact same function as ranged when it comes to this, 1 for normal damage, another for expose chance WITH A COOLDOWN and the third for knockback.
some abilities guarentee expose success, like the stasis field, it's got a 100% success rate, it seems. Or at least in the many dozen games i've played where the enemy uses it frequently, it's never NOT provided an expose.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
some abilities guarentee expose success, like the stasis field, it's got a 100% success rate, it seems. Or at least in the many dozen games i've played where the enemy uses it frequently, it's never NOT provided an expose.
This is generally because science kits that include stasis field come with about 3 other expose abilities, in addition to the science officer's own expose abilities from being a science officer. A quick "4-5-6-7-8-9-0" and you've been 10% expose chanced about 7 or 8 times (if they're using a stun pistol) before you can move.

You are extremely likely to die.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonenili
Expose / Exploit switches really need to be looked at for PvP. They need to share a cooldown, or something, as many feel this 'exploit' is a major factor in people no longer que'in for PvP ground.

Perhaps give players a resistance to holds, or something, because it's no fun staring at the screen for 20-30 seconds held waiting for it to turn grey, and then respawn you.. Might as well go afk and make a sandwich
Soooo....you're saying people are exploiting exploits?
/duck Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm in favor of a cooldown when switching weapons, but not when switching to martial arts. Heck, I think you should be able to do martial arts even with both weapon slots full. That's the problem with this game. To much shooting, not enough smackin people around.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
some abilities expose too, like the stasis field and the gravimetric shift.

Basically, you need to get a "orange crosshair" to appear on your target by hitting them with an expose attack (this can be as simple as a phaser on stun or a melee) and then once the crosshair is there, use the secondary fire on most phser rifles and it'll disintegrate you.

My personal weapon of choice for this is the high density beamrifle or the splitbeam rifle, because both fire practically instantly whereas the sniper needs to build up for 2 seconds, but all 3 exploit.
Great info! Thx.