Lt. Commander
I designed an alien BO I really like the look of on one of my characters so I saved it while in the costume editor. Later, I tried to load this file on my other toon to create a same looking alien BO and the file isn't there. I noticed it shows the character name attached to the file, but it does not seem to let you save from one toon and load it to another.

Is this correct? If so, is there a way around it? I spent a good hour designing this alien and I'd rather not spend another hour trying to recreate it. I know in City of Heroes, when you save/load costume files it doesn't matter which character or even server you are on.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 09:32 AM
From what I have seen so far the save only works for that same race and gender that you saved it with.

If you saved it and it was a Klingon male then every time you get a Klingon male you could load it, but if it was a Klingon female or Human male it wouldn't show in the list when you hit load.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 09:34 AM
I haven't seen an in game way around it either. I write down what options I selected in a note book.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Hmmm, I've never had this problem... all my saved characters show up. The 'templates' you saved are locked by race and gender; so trying to load a female alien to a male alien or female human won't work. Aside from that; it should work...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I designed an alien BO I really like the look of on one of my characters so I saved it while in the costume editor. Later, I tried to load this file on my other toon to create a same looking alien BO and the file isn't there. I noticed it shows the character name attached to the file, but it does not seem to let you save from one toon and load it to another.

Is this correct? If so, is there a way around it? I spent a good hour designing this alien and I'd rather not spend another hour trying to recreate it. I know in City of Heroes, when you save/load costume files it doesn't matter which character or even server you are on.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
From what I got out of this, you Saved an Alien BOff config from one character and then tried to Load up that same config on another toon's BOff. That should work as long as the Gender is the same.

From what I've found, you can only do this with the same Gender & Species. For example, you can't build up a Vulcan Female and then Save it and try to Load it as a Vulcan Male, Human Female or Alien Female.

You also can't Load up files that are cross-faction, AFAIK. It might work for Aliens, but I doubt it since they have completely different uniforms avaialble to them.

From your post, I'd think that you should be able to Load up that config though. Maybe go back to the other character and Save the config again and then try to Load it on your second character.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Gender is the same. They are both Alien Males. I'm not trying to load a Human Female costume onto a Male Klingon or anything like that.

The only difference is one is an Engineering BO and the other Science.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 09:45 AM
they are both in the same faction? both federation or both klingon?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Yes they are the same faction. Both are Federation. Both are alien males. Only differnce is one is Engineer and one is Science.
Lt. Commander
# 9
have you tried both engineer or both science? whatever the original one is because that might be a problem though i'm not 100% sure
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Gender is the same. They are both Alien Males. I'm not trying to load a Human Female costume onto a Male Klingon or anything like that.

The only difference is one is an Engineering BO and the other Science.
Yeah that's rather odd because I'm pretty sure the character class doesn't matter either. When I'm in a creative mood and just want to design characters, I Creat New Character, just choose any Class and traits to get past all that and then start creating and Save when done.

Hey one thing you might want to try is Load up that original config and Save on all 3 of the screens (face, body, uniform). Save all 3 times, then go to your other character and try to Load up the config. I haven't messed around with it enough to know if when you Save if it saves everything or just the screen that you're on in the character creator.