Lt. Commander
# 21
03-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Star Trek fans business as usual. Some people think it's a game, some people think it's supposed to be a compatible extension of their life.

I say don't sweat it, and if necessary, opt for the game instead of the forums, lol.

Good luck and see you in space
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctordemento View Post
Whats up with all this?
The game is great fun for like one month. Then you have seen all the content and can go play something else.
So decide for yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 23
If you have to second guess your "play choices" then I would say yes, bad mistake.

People know what they like, if you are unsure if you like this then you most likely do not.

Has nothing to do with the forums or "trolls" has to do with your personal preferences. Of course if you stuck with those you could not have made a troll thread about trolls...

And the "hater" threads are redundant...sheesh. (2nd one today this is)
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Whats up with all this?
One thing I like to do when coming to MMOs later in their development is get the /ignore lists from senior players. I did that with EQ offline forums and it made reading the forums much more useful. Closed forums are even better. Closed forums after 6 months are nearly the best. Specific area discussion with no politics is golden.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Whats up with all this?
That all depends on the type of player you are please answer the following questions

1.Is this your first MMO if not please list.
2.Do you enjoy games that are challenging and take time to play or do you enjoy games that you can just hop on for a hour and blast away.
3.If this is not your first MMO what aspects of MMO's do you enjoy the most.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Whats up with all this?
It's a last minute push by a handful of people who are desperately trying to look like more than just a handful of people. Many people whose parents allowed them to call the shots have problems with wanting to control others. See the South Park episode where Cartman's mom hires the Dog Whisperer, for more insight on this phenomena.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Whats up with all this?
What is boils down to is alot of people are unhappy with they way things have progressed with Star Trek Online. Not just with the game but with Cryptic/Atari. The constant flame wars on the forum dont help the issues either.

While i personally have decided not to continue my support of STO.(this can always change if things improve to make it worth while for me). I think you should ignore all the threads that are both for and against STO. Just log in and play the game. The only thing you should be asking yourself. Is the money I am spending worth the product and service I am being provided? You can only answer that quesiton for yourself after you have experienced the game.

While I did have fun playing the game, I found that it was difficult for me to want to log in and play after the 1st couple of weeks. This was before I got to RearAdmiral 5 or lvl 45(current lvl cap). There were some really good missions with some nice twists and great story, but I found them few and far between the repetativness. I had some high hopes for STO and that could be part of my dissolusionment now, but the game all in all lacks for me.

However what I feel about STO is going to be different then what you feel about STO. This game can be exactly what you are looking for. If so then grats to you, for I wish I was in your boat. If not then no worries play it as long as you have fun since thats all games are for. Once you stop having fun take a break and come back later. Hopefully STO will still be here, and with many improvements that we can all just sit back and enjoy for a long time.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I"ve been on board since launch day and I'll say that I enjoy the game and I'm into Star Trek.

Yes there's some things that need to be addressed by the developer and they are making their way through the endless list of things that need to be fixed, implemented or added.

If you are looking for a game that you will religiously play every day without getting through the entirety of it in a month then this is likely not for you. If you are more "casual" and get to play a few days out of the week then I would say that you'd probably enjoy yourself more than others who have played since beta and been all the way through the game twice.

*thumbs up to Troglis for being cool*
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
If you have to second guess your "play choices" then I would say yes, bad mistake.

People know what they like, if you are unsure if you like this then you most likely do not.

Has nothing to do with the forums or "trolls" has to do with your personal preferences. Of course if you stuck with those you could not have made a troll thread about trolls...

And the "hater" threads are redundant...sheesh. (2nd one today this is)
Yea lol.

I get this image of a monty python skit where haters are chasing around cryptic and atari with pitchforks and torches and then followed close behind by fanboys with torches and pitchforks all running back and forth across the screen.
Lt. Commander
# 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yriel
The game is great fun for like one month. Then you have seen all the content and can go play something else.
So decide for yourself.
Its been one month and I'm still having fun, have not seen all of the content, and have tried pretty much every other game already.