Lt. Commander
Is there a store that sells the t2 weapons so that I don't have to spend $100,000 per phaser on the exchange to level up my crafting?

Thanks for any help provided.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatesoasis View Post
Is there a store that sells the t2 weapons so that I don't have to spend $100,000 per phaser on the exchange to level up my crafting?

If you could, they wouldn't be $100,000 in the exchange. Just keep stuff you get from your adventuring.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:

There are Mk II phasers for sale in the shipyard merchant in Sol, but I assume by Tier 2 you are asking about Mk IV weapons, and to the best of my limited knowlege, there is no merchant for that product.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 11:25 AM
You can buy TII at earth space dock but beyond that even numbered white lvl weapons (IV, VI etc) can only be gotten from drops, exchange or on new ships.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Crafting fix
03-03-2010, 11:45 AM
You guys at Cryptic really need to fix this. All crafting mats should be gotten by farming or be available for purchase somewhere. For very rare high level crafting recipes you need to have mobs that may be harder to kill but always drop the item required. I love crafting in most games, and I am sorry to say that the system in STO is seriously lacking
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:

There are no stores. I am told DS9 sells the iii and v kits. I never went that route because its hard on the research mats.
I farmed the DSEs in the Romulan sectors. Specifically, the Hirogen ones. Those were high enough level that I got the rank vi gear reliably. Getting rank vi gear is not the same thing as white rank vi gear like engines, covariant shields, deflectors, such as you might need for crafting. I picked up a fair amount of consoles on those runs so that help offset buying the remainder on the exchange. There is no good source for plasma weapons (which the rank 2 crafter seems to exclusively deal in).
You can find engines and deflectors on the exchange but the window is brief.... There are people combing the exchange and re-posting the items at 45K-75K. And the exchange is flooded with the green/blue crafted items so you wont be able to sell them for much over what vendors offer.
You'll be out some credits but it'll help get you into that last tier. I was able to finish the rank 2 Engineer and Sience with engines and deflectors I got for 15K-25K. It took a few days of checking in on occasion.
I was an RA1 before I dredged out of the Engineering crafter (Koats to O'Brian), RA 4 for the Science (Dren to whatsheranme). I've given up on the Tactical as I've never seen a white plasma weapon in those ranks and I categorically refuse to pay 100K for something I'll only be able to sell for 10K.
The Afnirr or whatever expanse is good place for ranks 2-4 on the mats.
hope this helps...
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargoreth
You guys at Cryptic really need to fix this. All crafting mats should be gotten by farming or be available for purchase somewhere. For very rare high level crafting recipes you need to have mobs that may be harder to kill but always drop the item required. I love crafting in most games, and I am sorry to say that the system in STO is seriously lacking
There is nothing wrong with the STO crafting system because there is no STO crafting system, nor should there be one. What we have is a requisition process for upgrading looted common items. It's that simple and they don't need to fix it because there is nothing to fix.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 01:44 AM
You can buy mo iv and vi items at k-7 using points earned in pvp. Go to the shipyard there and look around
Lt. Commander
By doing the exploration missions you get badges. They are so easy you could do the missions blind. In the center of sol station near the entrances are people that sell higher level equipment. By mousing over the badge symbol on the item you'll know how many you need. Also in the same place you requisition ships is the same type of system.....need exploration badges. Too easy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo_00
By doing the exploration missions you get badges. They are so easy you could do the missions blind. In the center of sol station near the entrances are people that sell higher level equipment. By mousing over the badge symbol on the item you'll know how many you need. Also in the same place you requisition ships is the same type of system.....need exploration badges. Too easy.

These are useless for crafting. OP is looking for white items that can be used to unlock higher levels of crafting, such as plasma array IV / VI for example.

I'd love to know good places to loot these, its crazy only specific items can be upgraded per teir...