Lt. Commander
# 41
03-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Thay cant please everyone and if they rotated patch times it would become a lottery of who will have there prime time ruined next ?
This is still earley days for the game in a few months time we will just be haveing 1 down time a week i expect and it will be a thursday probably at this time.
Do what i am read the forums. Go shopping :-) Go see a Friend its 2 hours lol.

On the flip side i am happy you enjoy the game so much that you dont want downtime in your prime time (no one does really)

We had notice of this yesterday

LoL loads of posts while i wrote this
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-04-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersunset View Post
.thank you very much for this patch
Seriously, why the hell is everyone thanking Cryptic for the patches? Cryptic should be thanking YOU for buying the game and sticking with it. Don't act like Christians who have ****** lives thanking God for testing them.

Cryptic should thank YOU. Don't thank Cryptic -- you paid for the game, you have the right to expect it to be fixed and working.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrakensal View Post
Thanks for the hard work guys, Looking forward to the patch

Now a little note on my feelings for the game;

I have actually seen the game performing very well for the past couple of weeks. I don't understand the whining about downtime now at all. Logging in and playing hasn't been difficult for a while and I rarely if ever get bumpped from the server anymore. I did actually see a server not responding message last night and that's a first in at least a week. Truthfully, I'm glad I bought a lifetime sub for this game as it's getting better incrementally each day and I am enjoying my leisurely stroll to Admiral. I'm not like the "I want it NOW" crowd that rushed to endgame in 24 hours after release and are now crying about nothing in game to do. Give that crap a break and realize that the fault of your no end game is your own. I still have a nice 15 levels until I'm maxxed out and need to worry about that, and at the rate I'm going that will be around the first of April
i know what you mean, i have finnished the game waitin for new content now but i an't one to complain, gives me the time to get all the gear i want and i can put my time to helping my fleet, friends and other players when im online ;p
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-04-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
Christ!

The server has been going down pretty much every Thursday at this time since i can remember. How is it so hard for you to just not play for a couple of hours??

Sorry I don't usually flame, but I'm getting so very sick of the crying about time zones.

People just need to deal with it - life is tough
I am a shift worker, I dont get to play games and do anything "fun" before 9pm at night, most of the time it's sleep or i'm still at work. Thursdays is the only night i get off before midnight and i am sick of coming home and finding the game i paid over 100 bucks for is unavailable to me to play when i want to play it.

You'd cry foul just as much if it was shut down during peak in YOUR timezone.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-04-2010, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
Thanks, THANKS for taking it down during peak period... AGAIN, we really appreciate it out here in the pacific, i mean it's a typical late night for people, night before friday so everything's open longer, but no, not STO.

Put it on a frigging 10:00pm patch time in america, see how american subscribers feel next time.
Cryptic's in the USA so it makes sense at the time(s) when they take servers down to update / do maintainence, stop complaining, or you want cheese with that whine.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-04-2010, 04:38 AM
Well perhaps once tribble is up and running we can use main down time to try out the new content :-)
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
No notice?

I sent in game messages at 30, 15, 10, and 5 minutes before the servers went down.

Also the OP says that this thread has been up since 11:23am 3/3/10.

Not saying the system is perfect but how much more notice to you need?

Edit: Oh Shavan and Deathstrik3 beat me to it !
You seriously posted here to say that 30 minute notice is sufficient to take down an online game? Really professional, you're just highlighting your incompetence.

Oh, and like i care that a bunch of Americans jump in to say they don't mind. It's the middle of the night in your zone. I dare Cryptic to take the server down just once at 7pm PST and see what happens. Then try doing it 3-4 times every week and just watch the happy campers roll in. It is pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-04-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrok View Post
You seriously posted here to say that 30 minute notice is sufficient to take down an online game? Really professional, you're just highlighting your incompetence.
This thread was started yesterday, and the message on the launcher was showing yesterday as well.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrok View Post

Oh, and like i care that a bunch of Americans jump in to say they don't mind. It's the middle of the night in your zone. I dare Cryptic to take the server down just once at 7pm PST and see what happens. Then try doing it 3-4 times every week and just watch the happy campers roll in. It is pathetic.
Actually he is said that he gave a 30 minute IN GAME notice and pointed out that this notice had been on the forums for just over 4 hours before the servers were taken down and further more I pointed out myself that that same notice was displayed at the log in screen of the launcher as well as the patching screen of the launcher from the same time. Meaning that for you to did not see them you must have been in the game for more than 4 hours prior to the servers going down, in which case you should probably take a break anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Xiepher
Cryptic's in the USA so it makes sense at the time(s) when they take servers down to update / do maintainence, stop complaining, or you want cheese with that whine.
$100?...man, you got taken....lol I think I paid $50?

I can understand the patching, especially when I'm a Captain 4, and Spock says "Congratulations Commander" at a level up....lol

What Irks me is we already HAD a patch come out this week...Now we're up to 2 times a week...Before ya know it, we'll be seeing DAILY patches....it's insane. (Not complaining mind you., I for one am glad Cryptic is on top of this so quickly, unlike other games that take MONTHS to patch...I just wish they would get some more servers up and running... Warping to a planet, then finding yourself back 300 yards, or fighting an enemy, and next thing your shields are down to nothing....as the server "burps"...is very frustrating... Come on Cryptic...buy some blades....lol
Closed Thread