Lt. Commander
# 51
03-04-2010, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrok View Post
You seriously posted here to say that 30 minute notice is sufficient to take down an online game? Really professional, you're just highlighting your incompetence.

Oh, and like i care that a bunch of Americans jump in to say they don't mind. It's the middle of the night in your zone. I dare Cryptic to take the server down just once at 7pm PST and see what happens. Then try doing it 3-4 times every week and just watch the happy campers roll in. It is pathetic.
Those times for in game notices are pretty much standard for most MMOs.

Oh and EU here and don't mind the downtime which is at 12am to 2pm...ish.
Apparently many here in EU say thats the prime time... Chat says it's lunch time.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-04-2010, 03:48 AM
I understand what you are saying LordGrok, though you did not answer my questions about how far in advance you would like in-game announcements.

This week there has only been maintenance on tuesday and today. We had no downtime last weekend. Granted we still have this weekend to come, but you have to admit, we have been getting better.

As for tonight's maintenance, we have just started the "make sure the game works after the update" part of the maintenance so we *might* get done earlier then scheduled.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
I am a shift worker, I dont get to play games and do anything "fun" before 9pm at night, most of the time it's sleep or i'm still at work. Thursdays is the only night i get off before midnight and i am sick of coming home and finding the game i paid over 100 bucks for is unavailable to me to play when i want to play it.

You'd cry foul just as much if it was shut down during peak in YOUR timezone.
Listen..

I am not at work at this hour and its the middle of the day. If the game were up, I may be playing right now, but its not and I just have to deal with it. The fact its down means its having more fixes/content applied - for me this is a win.

If the game means soo much to you then try and alter your shifts so you can play on another day -easier said than done I know, but complaining here wont change a thing.
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Judging by the number of people in Zone chat asking questions about locations clearly marked on the map or described in the mission description I believe that even if you had a ship fly across the space in front of your ship with a huge banner flag saying "This server will shut down in 30 minutes for patching" they would still go into moan mode about no notice given over shut down again.

Far too many people don't read the forums , don't read the message on the front of the launcher and don't read zone chat but its still Cryptic's fault for not informing them personally about a scheduled shut down

I'm sure that the people complaining about the server ever being down for maintenance would be the first to whine about the poor database performance in game on a no management service. Every mmo shuts down for maintenance and most far longer than a couple of hours a week.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-04-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
I understand what you are saying LordGrok, though you did not answer my questions about how far in advance you would like in-game announcements.

This week there has only been maintenance on tuesday and today. We had no downtime last weekend. Granted we still have this weekend to come, but you have to admit, we have been getting better.

As for tonight's maintenance, we have just started the "make sure the game works after the update" part of the maintenance so we *might* get done earlier then scheduled.

You tell 'em....lol Good work, just make sure Spock doesn't say "congratulations Commander" to me when I level up as a Captain 4......lol (I earned it,,,,lol)
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphessa View Post
Judging by the number of people in Zone chat asking questions about locations clearly marked on the map or described in the mission description I believe that even if you had a ship fly across the space in front of your ship with a huge banner flag saying "This server will shut down in 30 minutes for patching" they would still go into moan mode about no notice given over shut down again.
What if the Admins would appear with far superior ship and tow the player back to base about 10 minutes before the maintenance starts
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-04-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre

as long as things are done right and proper i think you might
whilst im here any eta on the respecs or just wait for the 45 day update?
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-04-2010, 03:55 AM
You just caught me in a foul mood to begin with.. so sry if I came on a bit strong. 24h notice would be nice. In thus case i had thought the posted notice referred toyesterdays 'scheduled' maintenance but perhaps I was mistaken. Agreed it is getting better. I am expecting that you will do the same thing tomorrow however, as you've taken the server down at 7pm every week for a long time, I guess you do it in preparation for the weekend - but pls try and understand that is 7pm on a Friday for me and I have friends around for a regular gaming night, and its pretty frustrating. Will try and moderate my comments in future, not trying to offend but it just escaped. Hope you can understand - I love the game despite its many flaws and look forward to seeing where you take it in future.

Peace, out.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-04-2010, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teme
What if the Admins would appear with far superior ship and tow the player back to base about 10 minutes before the maintenance starts
Nah...better yet, come in with a voice Alert... "ATTENTION, THE SERVER WILL SHUT DOWN IN TEN MINUTES....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, ... " lol
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpemeigallo View Post
Nah...better yet, come in with a voice Alert... "ATTENTION, THE SERVER WILL SHUT DOWN IN TEN MINUTES....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, ... " lol
well that would help solve the issue of people no reading the warnings :p
Closed Thread