Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
First off: I want to say how much fun this game is. I'm currently enjoying a 10 day trial period, and there's a strong possibility I will buy this game.

In my travels around space, I've come across a few interesting characters that I wonder how they came to be.

Two days ago at Deep Space Station K7, I saw a Trill player beam in from the teleport pads. The character himself was an Ambassador and a Joined Trill. It left me wondering how a normal player could obtain either one of those achievements.

Last night, I decided to head to Deep Space 9, and found Commander Benjamin L. Sisko standing in front of the Bajoran Orb Shrine. Inspecting him revealed him to be an actual player character- Name, Race, Tactical Officer, Crewman of the U.S.S. Valiant, looked exactly like Sisko, and had the same background.

Why he's still alive if not being a player's recreation is beyond me.

Finally, I just saw a Lieutenant Commander character in full battle gear running around the Starbase in the Sierra system. Inspecting him showed he was a "Previously Borg Human". Does the character creation allow for *THAT* much information and detail? His physical appearance certainly reflected the borg.

My dad thinks that the Developers in this game should all be Q. They have the power to do anything in the universe, so neither of us can see any reason why they shouldn't be the Q.

Great job with the game. I hope to continue my career in Starfleet.

- Lieutenant Commander Cusashorn

-Acting Captain of the U.S.S. Motoko N.C.C. 93443
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusashorn
First off: I want to say how much fun this game is. I'm currently enjoying a 10 day trial period, and there's a strong possibility I will buy this game.

In my travels around space, I've come across a few interesting characters that I wonder how they came to be.

Two days ago at Deep Space Station K7, I saw a Trill player beam in from the teleport pads. The character himself was an Ambassador and a Joined Trill. It left me wondering how a normal player could obtain either one of those achievements.

Ambassador and Special Envoy are rewards for being forum member from before the game went live, joined Trill is a bonus for buying a certain edition , can't remember which.

Last night, I decided to head to Deep Space 9, and found Commander Benjamin L. Sisko standing in front of the Bajoran Orb Shrine. Inspecting him revealed him to be an actual player character- Name, Race, Tactical Officer, Crewman of the U.S.S. Valiant, looked exactly like Sisko, and had the same background.

Why he's still alive if not being a player's recreation is beyond me.

Just a player.

Finally, I just saw a Lieutenant Commander character in full battle gear running around the Starbase in the Sierra system. Inspecting him showed he was a "Previously Borg Human". Does the character creation allow for *THAT* much information and detail? His physical appearance certainly reflected the borg.

The rescued borg character is the same as the joined trill, certain edition of the game grants this.

My dad thinks that the Developers in this game should all be Q. They have the power to do anything in the universe, so neither of us can see any reason why they shouldn't be the Q.

Would be pretty cool in my opinion, and who knows it may happen.

Great job with the game. I hope to continue my career in Starfleet.

- Lieutenant Commander Cusashorn

-Acting Captain of the U.S.S. Motoko N.C.C. 93443
Answers in yellow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Clarification: The Liberated Borg Captain you got for getting a Lifetime Subscription before the game launched.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Joined Trill is from the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Actually, the Joined Trill and Liberated Borg are a bit different.

Borg gets the Efficiency trait plus the Borg Nanites trait, whereas the Joined Trill gets a specific +3 (I think) bonus to systems efficiency plus regular Trill traits.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I miss seeing GMs in game all the time. Like back in the day in classic EverQuest. They had awesome gear.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 09:39 PM
GM's actually do roam the game a bit. Special Envoy joined the forums back in may of '09 and Ambassadors (like me) joined before November (i think these are the months anyway).

Joined Trill is from the Digital Deluxe Edition
Liberated Borg Human is from the Preorder Lifetime Membership
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2010, 09:50 PM
This afternoon while in SOL station a player had the misfortune of listing a special rare item in the chat window just as a gold spammer attacked. Seconds later, another player wanted to know what he should do since he accidently reported the wrong one for spam. While we were giving advice, a GM popped up and said it was already taken care of. Verrrrry scary....big brother is watching!!!!

Would be great if a GM spawned in SOL sector sometime in a borg cube though. Just to scare the pants off everyone <G>.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Not just a cube but a tactical or omega cube
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Would be nice if we had some events where we fought against the GM,s and Devs like I have seen in other games.
An invasion by GM/Dev borgs with all the players joining forces against them.
It was normally done 3 or 4 times over 48 hrs to allow for the different time zones.