Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Ooooo! I know! This could be a raidisode, or even a special GM event!

The Borg have located the tribble homeworld and assimalated them. However, due to unforseen circumstances now all Borg cubes look like giant, borgasized Tribbles!

They fire no weapons...but they purr at such frequencies starships can shatter.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
Would be nice if we had some events where we fought against the GM,s and Devs like I have seen in other games.
An invasion by GM/Dev borgs with all the players joining forces against them.
It was normally done 3 or 4 times over 48 hrs to allow for the different time zones.
This was actually done as an end of beta event. There was a failed attempt at a big pvp battle and the the borg invaded, some of the borg spheres were controlled by the dev team.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-04-2010, 05:00 AM
I think they held it during my sleep time thats why I said about a number of events at different time. Possibly 1st weekend of every other month. Altenating between space and ground encounters.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-04-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
Would be nice if we had some events where we fought against the GM,s and Devs like I have seen in other games.
An invasion by GM/Dev borgs with all the players joining forces against them.
It was normally done 3 or 4 times over 48 hrs to allow for the different time zones.
Yeah they do this in the free games i dont see why they cant do it in a subs game, there doing this in champs now but why not do it before the game pratically bombs.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusashorn
First off: I want to say how much fun this game is. I'm currently enjoying a 10 day trial period, and there's a strong possibility I will buy this game.

In my travels around space, I've come across a few interesting characters that I wonder how they came to be.

Two days ago at Deep Space Station K7, I saw a Trill player beam in from the teleport pads. The character himself was an Ambassador and a Joined Trill. It left me wondering how a normal player could obtain either one of those achievements.
You can get the Joined Trill by buying the Digital Deluxe Edition.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=76783

Also comes with TOS Uniforms, Auto defense Turret (tactical console), NX Ship pregistry.

Quote:
Last night, I decided to head to Deep Space 9, and found Commander Benjamin L. Sisko standing in front of the Bajoran Orb Shrine. Inspecting him revealed him to be an actual player character- Name, Race, Tactical Officer, Crewman of the U.S.S. Valiant, looked exactly like Sisko, and had the same background.

Why he's still alive if not being a player's recreation is beyond me.
Most probably a player character.. however if it was an NPC, the justification is that the Profits have prevented him from aging.

Quote:
Finally, I just saw a Lieutenant Commander character in full battle gear running around the Starbase in the Sierra system. Inspecting him showed he was a "Previously Borg Human". Does the character creation allow for *THAT* much information and detail? His physical appearance certainly reflected the borg.
This was available for those that pre-ordered the game and purchased the Lifetime subscription before the servers went live. Cut off on it was Feb. 1, 2010.

You can create a Liberated Borg Human for the Federation side or the Liberated Borg Klingon for the Klingon side.

Quote:
My dad thinks that the Developers in this game should all be Q. They have the power to do anything in the universe, so neither of us can see any reason why they shouldn't be the Q.
They probably are.. however we will see when events start taking place. there is a Q (NPC) in game that is related to a mission in the higher ranks.

During Open beta, on the final day, the Devs ran a Borg Invasion event and all setors of space were flooded with Borg cubes. Many of which were manned by the Devs. This is why I state to watch for events.

Quote:
Great job with the game. I hope to continue my career in Starfleet.

- Lieutenant Commander Cusashorn

-Acting Captain of the U.S.S. Motoko N.C.C. 93443
Glad you are enjoying your trial of the game.