Lt. Commander
how possible would that be to make?

because all the "mail" i get ingame are from goldsellers and i really don't want it.

i've hidden myself ingame as best i can, i hardly even speak in any public channels but the F*CKERS still find me!

atleast the PM's have stopped because they cant find me in searches but that REALLY shouldn't be the solution to fight gold spammers fgs...

so add 2 options, block PM's from ppl not in friends list and block mail from ppl not in friends list...

/edit: should probably exclude guildys from that block... just to clarify for the trolls....
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 03:53 PM
There's an option to do that, but it's not in-game (that I know of; well, kinda, just bear with me, please). You can go to the user control panel (the "My Account" button, next to "FAQ" and "Search" or use this link: http://forums.startrekonline.com/usercp.php), and go to the "Edit Options" tab to the left.

From there, scroll down to the "Messaging & Notification" section, and look for the "Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators" check box. Since forum mails and game mails are essentially one and the same, this *should* make it where you only receive mails from buddies and moderators.

Also, there is a command in-game that is /whitelist_email 1, which is supposed to do the same thing (I think). I've seen it suggested a couple times by coderanger.

Now, having said all that, it's not that simple lol. I've had these options and commands enabled since launch, and, unfortunately, I still get spam mails. I've even turned Private Messaging completely off and received spams. True, I don't receive nearly as many as I used to get (maybe 1-3 a day, instead of 5-10), but I still get them. I've kind of given up on the private message filters, really. Hopefully, some of this info will help you, though.

(Also, you can use the /anonymous command in-game to stop tells being sent by people, but I haven't found a way to undo that one. I don't advise using it unless you want to remain anonymous forever. )
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
aye, i am anonomous ingame. and the tells have stopped, still getting an average of 4 mails a day tho :/

will try that email command out and see what that does.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. Like I said, it's gotten down to about 1 or 2 a day for me. Not really sure if that's because of the in-game command or the 30-day time period ending or whatever.

Either way, I shouldn't get any, to be honest. I've had PMs turned completely off for the last week or so, and still get them. :le sigh: