Lt. Commander
# 1 Devs, this needs to be fixed.
03-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Before any of you read any further, this is not a post about Klingons being over powered or what not, some are just better than others and may seem to be that way. Although they could use a little nerfing

Anyways, there are some tactics being used by some klingons in pvp that need to be fixed. There are two major ones.

One being that some certain klingons have obviously found some sort of exploit in the game where they can fire while cloaked, and cloak while taking heavy fire. Im not talking about that split second of them firing as they come out of being cloaked, or being hit with jam sensors, Im talking about a Klingon being cloaked and firing. Then after about 7 or 8 seconds of this they "uncloak" and you can try a pitiful attack back, useless at this point of the fight. Also along those lines others have found a way to fire on ships and the cloak while taking heavy fire back. Again, none of the common things you would think of. I recently did a PvP round where i hit a full broadside, slapped a sensor scan on them, continued to fire on them at 5km , only to have them cloak. Why have sensor scan if it can be exploited? Why allow some Klingons to cloak during battle?
This needs to be fixed.

Two, being the skill that i can only assume to be viral matrix. Every so often in pvp i am hit with something that shuts me down completely. I have science team 2 and 3, i know how and when to use them, but what ever i am hit with is not recoverable. My skills are blacked out, with no timers on them, so its not sub-beam, but what ever it is just blacks out all my skills, dead in the water.
Recently I fought a klingon , Kruuge was his name ( no @name for sake of some whiners ) , during this battle i was hit with what ever this is twice, first time i had no buffs up and died in less than 10 seconds. The second time i went into battle with science team 3 and every other buff i had on me, only to be blacked out and dead in less than 10 seconds.

What ever the case may be, an exploit, a cheat, a skill that only "special" people like Kruuge get, who says it doesnt matter what he does, Cryptic will never do anything about it anyways, these issues need to be looked at. Not just slated for " some time in the future" , they need to be looked at now. All us RA 5's have left is PvP and if this is what can be expected from a few shady characters, then I suspect the next wave of " I quit " forums posting will hit.

But hey, if this is some skill(s) I am unaware of, let me know.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Read me damn it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakawau View Post
Read me damn it.
Ok, read.

And it's jam sensors, not cloak.

They can't fire when cloaked.

Both sides have access to jam sensors.

And viral matrix is counterable by science team.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakawau View Post
Read me damn it.
hehe....

you didnt even have to use an exclamation point......

.......such power....

Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
Ok, read.

And it's jam sensors, not cloak.

They can't fire when cloaked.

Both sides have access to jam sensors.

And viral matrix is counterable by science team.

You didnt read it or you would have seen i said it is NOT jam sensors and it is NOT viral matrix.
As the first time i went into combat i was not able to access my science team to counter the VM as my science team 3 was blacked out, not able to use it. The second time i went into battle i had science team already UP and i still got blacked out.
Also it is NOT jam sensors as there is no "sparkly" little effect on me and the ENTIRE team can not see that target.

It is something more than these two skills and it NEEDS to be addressed, now.

( Lol , no exclamation point yet, just caps )
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 08:37 PM
There is a separate section for pvp and Klingons.

What is it with players that when something happens that they don't understand it is automatically an exploit?

SNB is nasty skill around lvl 38 so you can watch for that too.

I believe that VM can be chained. If you Sci team took care of one then I think you are vulnerable to another.

What level are you? Where are the screen shots. Was this a one time event?

I do not believe that Sensor scan keeps a BOP from cloaking. There is another skill that does that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
There is a separate section for pvp and Klingons.

What is it with players that when something happens that they don't understand it is automatically an exploit?

SNB is nasty skill around lvl 38 so you can watch for that too.

I believe that VM can be chained. If you Sci team took care of one then I think you are vulnerable to another.

What level are you? Where are the screen shots. Was this a one time event?

Do you people not read? SNB adds a cooldown timer on my skills, VM greys out every skill except those not allowed by it, like science team 3, which is blacked out with NO cooldown timer on it.

Lets make this a little bit clearer for you, imagine yourself in sector space, can you activate a skill? NO!! because they are blacked out, now take that into pvp and thats what im getting hit with.

And im lvl 45, have been since a week after launch, so all i have left is pvp, and it is getting annoying.
Why the hell do i need a screenshot? Because you can not read and dont want to believe it may be an exploit?
And I post here because i want discussion on this, from those this has happened to and smarter people, so be on your way.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm sure it's jam sensors and viral matrix. Those can cause the issues you're having.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
I'm sure it's jam sensors and viral matrix. Those can cause the issues you're having.
I understand they can cause the issues i am having, but, one person jam sensor an entire team? Viral matrix shutting down science team? No and No.