Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
Well, that's not totally fair. We're pretty much your go-to guys if you ever need a company whined into submission.

I disagree, I don't think that is accurate at all.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I disagree, I don't think that is accurate at all.
Agreed, theyve silenced us instead...
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Keep it up. I think they're submitting...
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Well there are a few of you who seem to get what im looking for. Lord.Funk........Savnoka.......blkjag. Thanks for you feedback. Good points to consider, a few of which didnt cross my mind. Even AtomicFB makes valid points albeit in the wrong direction i was looking for but still, this is a forums and I think that an all rosey colored view is biased and doesnt help to make an intelligent, and thoughtout decision. I learned long ago hasty, emotional decisions are always flawed and just cause more issues.

For further posts. Money is not the issue (as in i am not poor and i can easliy afford it), however i do not just throw money away. If something has no value to me i will not spend money on it.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Okay. Seriously. Why stay?

Because first you just got a load of friends here. Some of us like the game.

Second. You know who to avoid, this has taught you something about people.

Third.

The game is an MMO and that means you hang on (unless you can't afford the monthly payment) because things will be added. There will be small patches that fix the things that annoy you. And then there will be patches that (regardless of the troll negativity) add more content.

I guess the thing is, do you want to keep paying for a game that is not yet patched to the next level. And then you wait and re-sub later. Or do you want to continue to be part of a community that is, for the most part, pro-STO?

I, personally will hang in there until I see the new content. If they screw it up. I can leave.

There have been people on this forum since the game was just a twinkle in a developer's eye. And a lot of them have a crapload of negativity now.

Okay. That's them. That's not me.

Honestly. What are you looking for? The long run? Or leave for good? Or leave and come back in a bit?

This part is up to you. You have to make the choice, nobody can make it for you.

Me? I say stick around for a bit.

I'll bet it gets a lot better. Then you can say I was here when the other folks left. And when they come back you can say, guess what you missed.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Stay because you love the sound of a secondary core explosion.

Stay because you love your Bridge Officers, and they need your leadership, even if simple doorways confuse them sometimes.

Stay because there is a lot of work to be done by the community to make things easier for new players. It will take every one of us to help these n00bs figure out where Memory Alpha is, for some odd reason.

Stay because you enjoy helping new players.

Stay because Runabouts are JUST THAT AWESOME.

Stay because you enjoy participating and contributing to the early years of a game as it reaches maturity.

Stay because of the cool devs who give us shiny things.

Stay because all of your skills aren't to 9 yet. You haven't finished!

Stay because if you leave, you'll lie awake at night dreaming of initiating Attack Pattern Alpha.

Ummm...
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglis View Post
Well as the title state I am Dying for a reason to stay with STO. Since Cryptic/Atari have done nearly nothing to get me to want to keep giving them my money. I am going to see if the STO community can or will even try to help.
Nah - don't beat your head up agaisnt the wall if this game is not fun for you. If you stick around, it will still probably not be fun for you - so why put yourself through that? Go ahead and cancel your subscription-

BUT... give this game another chance in about 6 months to a year. You obviously WANT to like this game if you're asking us for reasons to stay. Well, I can give you an objective one: The developers will be constinuously improving the game while you are gone, so when you come back later it will hopefully be fun enough for you to stick around and subscribe.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-04-2010, 01:04 AM
If your not happy, which it appears you are not, I would suggest dropping the sub and trying again down the road. only costs $15 bucks to see if it's more in tune to your tastes and fun factor to play. I'm playing, but I have that fun factor. What makes it fun for me may not be what makes it fun for you. if you are not enjoying yourself now, say even within the passing week, staying will only make you resent the game more. I suggest unsubscribing and coming back 6 months down the road. If the content at that point doesn't appeal to you, most likely never will. If it does, well you'll know more goodies are commin'.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Cant say much more than whats been already said but I would wait another month or two as a Subscriber and see if the 65-100day patch and see if they can pull some sort of Fluffy Bunny out the hat. I seriously doubt they can add content so fast but judging by the imagination used so fast I bet they can knock out missions quicker than a McDonalds employees on Drugs. Will they be any good, No but Hey we may get to scan some new fluffy animals that are going to flash out the planets!! Whooopie doooo, Good times ahead in the Trek Universe.

Good luck mate and May the force be with you always!!
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-04-2010, 01:35 AM
As a mathematician all these calculus references are painful. Also as a mathematician I sometimes find calculus more fun than STO, but that's not a bitter jab against the game. it has its fun moments too, but mathematicians can just have odd tastes at times.