Lt. Commander
# 11
03-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
sacrasm meter is gonna blow cap'n.
I'm being serious, I really do like this game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The thing I find the most interesting about this thread is some of the people who have chosen to reply in it. And some people say forum fanbois go out of their way to intentionally post in threads the haters make.
Well, I'm both a fan and a complainer. I assume you were talking about the people with burning Atari or Cryptic logos for their avies?
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaki
Don't let them get you down. Enjoy the game as much as you can for as long as you can.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The thing I find the most interesting about this thread is some of the people who have chosen to reply in it. And some people say forum fanbois go out of their way to intentionally post in threads the haters make.

I don't know who you are talking about but there is like and then there is this thread. Don't get me wrong I am glad he loves the game but WOW... I mean WOW.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Well, I'm both a fan and a complainer. I assume you were talking about the people with burning Atari or Cryptic logos for their avies?
At least it isn't a burning cryptic logo. (In my case.) Like I have in my sig, you can like the game but not the company that publishes it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaki
Yes, and I'm glad you're enjoying it. We just had a rough weekend here with some other ugly things people are complaining about, so no worries. Don't get caught up in that other stuff if you're enjoying STO. I enjoy it too, but level capped and not feeling like going through the same content again. Love the ship battles, but I'm waiting for more content since I played STO like mad the first two weeks and blew through the fun too quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I don't know who you are talking about but there is like and then there is this thread. Don't get me wrong I am glad he loves the game but WOW... I mean WOW.
Indded, even the diehard fanboys pepper there posts with things that need looking at.... just in a manner that is a lot more constructive than any of my posts ever were..

(oh crud, did I seriously just admit that..)

This just seems.. I don't know... Planted...
Lt. Commander
# 18
Can I have some of what your smokeing, It sounds like the good stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
At least it isn't a burning cryptic logo. (In my case.) Like I have in my sig, you can like the game but not the company that publishes it.
Yup, I agree. I hate Atari, with a 'burning' passion. I support the devs, reps, etc. at Cryptic though, and enjoy STO as long as the content continues to flow. Hate the whole marketing side of both of these companies, so I'm sort of stuck in between.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-03-2010, 05:34 PM
While the... ebullience... of the OP suggests sarcasm, there's a kernel of truth.

There is an obvious anti-grind intent in the design of the game, exemplified by Exploration, such that 'filler' levelling between tightly-scripted missions isn't a matter of wandering around randomly kerploding things. Now, it tends to actually be wandering around kerploding things, but they're trying to dress it up in more interesting ways. A commendable effort, though the profound lack of encounter and NPC design variety handicaps the performance. That is not an unaddressable problem, but I haven't seen any evidence of resources committed yet.