Lt. Commander
# 21
03-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoyedtheshows
Well the deal is up to Cryptic, as anything I offer might not be offered for legal reasons. Or I suppose it would cause some issues. Then again I guess anything we post on here becomes their property really, that is things/ideas from our own posts.

Yeah I like Wendy's cause they do have some decent food, their grilled chicken sandwich and small fries and drink really isn't bad. Especially if you get light lemonade with it.
I'm not sure if it was a rumor or not, and haven't looked into it nor do I recall any specifics, but I heard:

Del Taco did all the Star Trek promotions back in the day when Del Taco was in its hay day. You know the franchise on every corner popularity. But now they seem rather defunct when compared to their competition. Now that they cut a lot of dead weight, they are holding their own with what they still have open.

But it's still pretty much the only fast food place in town where you can get a chicken quesadilla, some crispy shrimp tacos, a hamburger and a macho cup of french fries. So no matter how small they get, they will always have bussiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I worked at Wendy's when I was 17. I can tell you horror stories about how they make their chili.
Yeah, I don't think it should be legal for them to call their "chilli" chilli. :p
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
My first ever visit to the US was a trip south from Niagara into Buffalo 31 years ago. Not long after we crossed the border we stopped for breakfast at some place where I had pancakes and people stared at me for demanding honey and lemon juice for my pancakes. Later we had lunch at a Wendy's. This was excellent. I'd only had my first McDonald's a week or two earlier. You have to remember that back then in the UK fast food was a fish and chips (fries) shop and the only McDonalds was about 3 stores in London.

Been back many times since then but I've never eaten at a Wendy's since.
It almost sounds like you wouldn't want to the way you worded the last sentence. So you live in Canada? I know i've seen Taco Bell there, and you guys love those dunken donuts aparently.

Anywho, I like Wendy's burgers. But if you get the boudble or triple stack the salty taste is a bit overwhelming.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
Ummm......how do they make.....their chili? My imagination is......horrible things. It cant be that bad....
OK, here goes.

For starters, everything at W is made to order, meaning that there is always meat on the grill. It cooks until it is too burnt for consumption. Once it's unedible, they throw the burnt patty in a box, where it sits alll day mixing with the other burnt and unedible patties. At the end of the shift, at closing time, they dump all the burnt meat into a bag and stick in a freezer, where it usually sits for a good 2-3 weeks as backup chili meat.

Each morning, they take a 3 week old bag of burnt meat, boil the crap out of it, and mix in special seasoning.

Wah lah: Wendy's Chili.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreaker

Yeah, I don't think it should be legal for them to call their "chilli" chilli. :p
Okay again Im asking.....WTF is wrong with the ***** chili???? HUH?

What are they doing to it!!!! WHY????
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
OK, here goes.

For starters, everything at W is made to order, meaning that there is always meat on the grill. It cooks until it is too burnt for consumption. Once it's unedible, they throw the burnt patty in a box, where it sits alll day mixing with the other burnt and unedible patties. At the end of the shift, at closing time, they dump all the burnt meat into a bag and stick in a freezer, where it usually sits for a good 2-3 weeks as backup chili meat.

Each morning, they take a 3 week old bag of burnt meat, boil the crap out of it, and mix in special seasoning.

*screams like a little girl*

AAAAAAIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Well....at least its not as bad as I thought. I used to work for a pizza delivery (not naming) and well.....a couple of the red necks there did stuff to the sauce. It was.....special.

I quit after that. Im not delivering that crap to people. No way.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
OK, here goes.

And that must be why I don't like it. Always thought the meat was a bit odd tasting.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
And that must be why I don't like it. Always thought the meat was a bit odd tasting.
I liked it. And now I dont.....now. *crys*
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
*screams like a little girl*

AAAAAAIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Well....at least its not as bad as I thought. I used to work for a pizza delivery (not naming) and well.....a couple of the red necks there did stuff to the sauce. It was.....special.

I quit after that. Im not delivering that crap to people. No way.
When I had a really annoying mean customer I would just take their pizza and flip the box. I would then call the store and say it slid forward in the seat or drive back and say that happened. That way the person gets an even later delivery and is so ticked off I won't have to see their sorry face for months or never again hopefully. Their order was already free anyway, so whateva. Though this was rare.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
I liked it. And now I dont.....now. *crys*
I never liked it. Yet now I'm strangely hungry...
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
It almost sounds like you wouldn't want to the way you worded the last sentence. So you live in Canada? I know i've seen Taco Bell there, and you guys love those dunken donuts aparently.

Anywho, I like Wendy's burgers. But if you get the boudble or triple stack the salty taste is a bit overwhelming.

No I live in the UK. But I was in Canada when I made my first visit to the US. And I remember Dunkin Donuts back then too. There was one next to the bowling Alley I hung out at.

We have them all over the UK now. Never seen Taco bell or Dell Taco. Only mexican chain I know of in the UK is Chiquito's.