Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
Space is beautiful. The ships are beautiful. Sometimes, I just want to turn off the entire HUD so I can just appreciate the awesome Star Trek space experience of STO.

Can I do it? If so? What's the key binding? I can't find it in game....
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Alt + F12 Should do it
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Alt-f12 is right. That will remove all UI save Shield rings.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2010, 10:23 PM
also if you hit prt scr it will take a screen shot without the hud and save it for you. you have to dig into the program files to find it though iirc. so in the middle of a fight you want a screenshot? just hit the button and you get all the beauty without the clutter.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijna View Post
also if you hit prt scr it will take a screen shot without the hud and save it for you. you have to dig into the program files to find it though iirc. so in the middle of a fight you want a screenshot? just hit the button and you get all the beauty without the clutter.
I'm using Windows Vista, and I can't locate my screenshots to save my gorram life. I've pored through Program Files, Program Files (x86), Documents, Pictures...every damn folder I can think of that MIGHT hold screenshots. Ironically, I can't even locate the effing folder that contains STO. Please, for the love of FSM, can someone tell me where the fark I can find my [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]ing [censored] screenshots?!?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Screenshots can be found in C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleight74088 View Post
Space is beautiful. The ships are beautiful. Sometimes, I just want to turn off the entire HUD so I can just appreciate the awesome Star Trek space experience of STO.

Can I do it? If so? What's the key binding? I can't find it in game....
Thank you for asking this question, I have been curioous about this for a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimov View Post
Alt + F12 Should do it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcraft View Post
Thank you for the responces, it is a very useful feature, being able to toggle the UI / HUD on and off, thanks again.

Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
There's also a slash command, /show gameUI 0 or something of that nature. If you start by typing /show, it will present the commands that match. I found this out when I was using /showFPS 1.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcraft View Post
now if only we could get ride of the shield rings we could have some really great space battle screen shots.

I for one never use or well look at them the shield rings instead I use the ones in side the Hud at the bottom.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwr88 View Post
now if only we could get ride of the shield rings we could have some really great space battle screen shots.

I for one never use or well look at them the shield rings instead I use the ones in side the Hud at the bottom.
If you press Prt Screen, it takes a screen shot with no UI or Shield rings.

That was the hardest comment ever to decipher, in some kind of medieval English