Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy > Player Guides
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41 7 Search
09-11-2010, 02:11 PM
After playing the demo and before buying the game I did a scan of my system and found search 7 so I wiped and rebuilt before installing the game just to make sure my account info would stay safe. I also changed my password after the reinstall just to make sure my password was not stolen during the demo phase since I was infected at the time I played the demo.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to make a post that talks about some ways to keep your account safe.

Keep your username and password to yourself!

This includes anyone and everyone. We do not support the sharing of accounts. Regardless of how much you trust someone, you are putting everything on your account at risk whenever you give another person access.[/list]
This brings up, to me anyway, a question that I know has an answer so obvious I'm not seeing it.
If accounts are not to be shared--at all--how does a family or group of people living together play STO on the same computer? Would each person have to suscribe, or be content with just the demo? I was thinking a family might each have his/her own character on an account.

Not good?
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker1960
This brings up, to me anyway, a question that I know has an answer so obvious I'm not seeing it.
If accounts are not to be shared--at all--how does a family or group of people living together play STO on the same computer? Would each person have to suscribe, or be content with just the demo? I was thinking a family might each have his/her own character on an account.

Not good?
One person = one account & subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 44 --
12-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Yes these "Gold" companies are ruining the true gaming experience.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-28-2010, 09:41 AM
It's sad but they are out there. I've been playing since the first day and over the past 11 months since the game went live the amount of spam that is out there has decreased drastically. I used to see about 4 spam messages a minute - no exaggeration. Now, If I see one every 10 minutes, it's a lot. Cryptic has already started doing something about it, and so far I think they've done a great job. Now they've taken the time to just remind us of a few things. Now I've always known never to purchase something like that, but there are some people out there who always look for the fast way to level up, and they might fall for it. So I say thank you Cryptic for the reminder, and I hope that people will listen to it.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-30-2010, 03:39 PM
I haven't gotten a single spam since February with the exception of the occasionally spam in zone chat on ESD.

right click on the spammers name -> report as spam

places the spammer on your ignore list and if enough people does it as well it will chat ban the spammer and alert the GM's.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-02-2011, 01:14 PM
So how do you sell your entire ship instead of discharging it?
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-02-2011, 02:47 PM
simple, you can't
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
I haven't gotten a single spam since February with the exception of the occasionally spam in zone chat on ESD.

right click on the spammers name -> report as spam

places the spammer on your ignore list and if enough people does it as well it will chat ban the spammer and alert the GM's.
I just turn off Zone chat. Problem solved :p
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidZoo View Post
I just turn off Zone chat. Problem solved :p
I usually have it turned off as well, but I sometimes forget to switch to the correct chat tab after logging in.