Lt. Commander
# 11
03-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post

You might wanna tell that to the guy who was posting yesterday who said he hopes all the devs lose their jobs and die in a fire. As I'm sure most people can agree, asinine comments like that do nothing for either "side".
Probably a result of weeks of stonewalling added to an outrageous 'Experiment' oh yeah and also the severe lack of Moderation on these forums doesn't help.

If you take a look at it this forum has become a hotbed of nerd one upmanship where anyone that has a voice of criticism gets shot down by those that need moderation.

For some reason whatever that is it's like there is a censorship deal going on of al those with any criticism and those that are happy with things the way they are get allowed to spout of vile nastiness on a daily basis with no repurcussions.

Maybe that is why the guy lost it?

I don't agree with what he was saying BUT I can understand it......
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumonic81 View Post
Not that anyone gives a crap about my opinion, but here it is anyway.

what are we talking about really? Cryptic is doing everything they can to make sure this game stays around for us and for them. it is to both our benefits that a lot of people play. Us for the chance to play in an expanding Star Trek Universe, and theirs so they can afford to have employees.

So what does it really amount to? Well its 2 months (we get a free month as well), and a 10$ discount on the game. That's 25$. Are we really gonna lynch them for 25$? That's dinner at Applebee's for you and the kids. Was it the best thing for them to do? probably not, but I don't blame them for trying, and they are trying as hard as they can.

I can tell you that with assurance because I am an MMO developer (not for cryptic), currently working on my 4th title. I cant believe my eyes when I have seen what they have done in 18 months with their staff size. They must have been working 12-16 hour days for most of that time. I'm betting they are pulling those hours right now even as I type to get out content, bug fixes and public postings at the rate in which they seem to be producing.

Of course i'm sure that for some of you this wont matter at all, that 25$ is your soap box and from it you will condemn them for being awful developers, and me for being a fan boy. I hope however some of you consider this a little bit and give these guys a break, they are trying to provide us with a descent game experience, as well as keep food on the table.

You kinda miss the point why everyone is upset. 1st is the deal was too good too soon. Second If they really wanted the game to be around they would fix most of the bugs. and come out with more content BEFORE they put it on special. Everyone agrees the game needs a lot of work. Whats the point of a great promotion just to have even more new players hating on the game. If they burn to many dridges before the game is worth playing it just spells certain doom for STO!!
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
that it's not about the money.
If its not about the money then it should be easy to overlook. If it is about the money, then consider the 40$ you lost an investment in the future of our game. Regardless of what its about, I don't think its worth it to bash these developers. The suits or the creative team, all human, all working to keep this game rolling.

BTW i'm pretty sure those "suits" arn't making a killing on this game. If anyone has some illusion of some fat cat exec in a highrise cryptic office rolling around in your hard earned 5$ and 10$ you might as well forget it. they prolly drive Toyotas and eat at the local Taco Bell.

PS please don't tell me its about hurt feelings.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Is he still talking about last weekend? Let me guess...you're still obsessed about disco too?

Get with the times...that's over and done.
Over and done?

Not really.........we have not even had a satisfactory apology.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYXTRIBE
You kinda miss the point why everyone is upset. 1st is the deal was too good too soon. Second If they really wanted the game to be around they would fix most of the bugs. and come out with more content BEFORE they put it on special. Everyone agrees the game needs a lot of work. Whats the point of a great promotion just to have even more new players hating on the game. If they burn to many dridges before the game is worth playing it just spells certain doom for STO!!

Atari put the special on not cryptic.
stop blaming cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
If its not about the money then it should be easy to overlook. If it is about the money, then consider the 40$ you lost an investment in the future of our game. Regardless of what its about, I don't think its worth it to bash these developers. The suits or the creative team, all human, all working to keep this game rolling.

BTW i'm pretty sure those "suits" arn't making a killing on this game. If anyone has some illusion of some fat cat exec in a highrise cryptic office rolling around in your hard earned 5$ and 10$ you might as well forget it. they prolly drive Toyotas and eat at the local Taco Bell.

Ok pointless....not going over it all here. If you want to know why read the marathon threads about it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
.....Let me guess...you're still obsessed about disco too?

Get with the times...that's over and done.
oh boy......

you're so gonna get challenged to a dance-off for that..... totally......

Lt. Commander
# 18
03-03-2010, 07:50 PM
For the sake of consistency, I am reporting this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
oh boy......

you're so gonna get challenged to a dance-off for that..... totally......

i like disco
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:

If you aren't going to take the time to understand the issue then posting on it only makes you look foolish. Not to mention there is already a place for this discussion, which you seem to ignore.