Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
PLEASE Cryptic.

You cannot press your power buttons in a row and have them all turn on.

I spend more time in combat worrying about if my powers actually turned on than whether I'm fighting well or not. A lot of times I'll fire my torp after clicking HYT and realizing it never turned on.

Another example; I have HYT, CRF, Tact Team and APO I listed from hotkeys 1-4. If you click 1, 2, 3, 4 right in a row in a reasonable time, you'd be lucky to get two of powers to turn on. Further, if I click the #1 and then spam #2 for the second power, I'd be lucky if it turns on after the 3rd click.

There may be some kind of delay timer in place to keep from turning on multiple powers to quickly, but this is absolutely ridiculous and honestly just makes PvP much less fun.

I want to fight not spend the whole time worrying about whether my powers are on!

/signed.

Josh
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Would much appreciate it if other people could sign in support.

<3

Josh
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 08:32 PM
You know, I thought this was just a problem I was getting till I saw this post.

Yea, if they are able to check into this and see what may be going on with button/power responses that would be appreciated.

Cannot tell you how many times I have clicked on an ability and then noticed that the ability did not activate at all, even when it was the first ability clicked.
Would have to say that it occures a lot with the High Yield ability, and for further details I use HY2.

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 12:49 AM
There is an activation time on some of your space-related skills, so I would imagine during the 0.5 seconds it takes to activate HYT that you wouldn't be able to do anything else. It's just like in ground combat when you use orbital strike, you can't do anything while your character is doing that. Same thing here.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm assuming that we, using buttons, can activate things much, much faster than would a Captain of an actual ship be able to do using VOICE commands to various officers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2010, 05:59 AM
This is getting worse. Now my weps are not firing sometimes. Now I am spend more time looking at the bar trying to make sure the buttons are pressed than I do looking at the battle.

In a battle the ability to shoot back is quite important. So maybe this should be fixed? Just a suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 06:03 AM
I press a power button and it turns white, but dosent activate (x4). Fustrating espcially if your using powers that are situational and you have to get them off at just that moment. I know some powers are locked out after you certain others, but there are animations for that on the toolbar for that. These are powers that are free and available not responding to either clicks or hotkey presses.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Ditto on the powers not kicking in most of the time. Ive gotten where I double click each power and hope that works and even then sometimes they wont kick off.

Were not talking about any cooldowns and were not talking about not using stuff right.

Were talking about choosing a power, the game SHOWS you used the power and then the icon changes back to showing you never used it and the power not kicking off. Its either some freaked up lag issue or a game bug.

Needs fixing. The ongoing joke is "Damn if the skills would activate when I picked them Id be hella more deadly."

If you go reaaaal slow and pick the skills with a long time between choosing each skill it does ok most of the time. Long time being 2 to 4 seconds between choosing. Thats an eternity in battle though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Yes, double clicking sucks! (for things I don't have macros of)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Heh, I was actually thinking of setting up my G15 G keys to activate my powers, and BO powers. I'd push the G15 key for a specific power, and the keyboard would turn it into 5 keypresses sent to the server to actually activate the power.

The WORST part of it is that sometimes, the power will trick you. For instance, Attack Pattern Alpha has a big red A appear above your ship. I'll see the animation, like the power was activated, but look a few seconds later, and not see the buff active, or the ability on cooldown.

I've basically become accustomed to 5 clicking most powers to make sure they activate. It's REALLY annoying at RA when basically I need to activate the following powers ASAP.

Attack Pattern Alpha
Feedback Pulse (use this mainly to maximize DPS while Viral Matrix is in flight)
Fire on my Mark
Attack Pattern Beta
Science Vessel ability to Beam Target Shields
Science Team (I use this for the Operations buff for the next ability, and the shield resistance buff)
Viral Matrix (or Scramble Sensors for groups)
HYT

Unfortunately, it usually takes about 6+ seconds to get all of them activated properly... plus, I'm expected to manage my shields and fire my weapons too (at least 2 times for each of them during the 6+ second window).

They had an improved system for City of Heroes. You'd select an ability, and it would highlight during the activation time, then you could queue up the next ability to go off (click on it and it would have a different highlight). Then once the next ability was ready for triggering, it would auto-activate. During the activation time, you could queue up the next ability. I'm not sure why they did away with this for CO and STO.

EDIT: I've also seen crap where you trigger the ability, and nothing happens, yet the ability is on cooldown. This happens a bit with HYT and a lot with that Tricobalt Device Launcher. The Device Launcher is the worse, cause it'd be great if it went off reliably, or didn't have a massive cooldown, but at this time it seems like it works less then half the time. Most of the time, it goes on a minute long cooldown without any torpedo appearing.