Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah I notice this too, I have like 6 skills all in my toolbar in a row that I fire off to start a fight and most of the time only 5 or 4 will activate.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-04-2010, 12:39 PM
This is making the game unplayable. The button is pressed. Sometimes the animation for the damn power even starts. Then it resets and you have to press the button again. Execept the target moved behind you while you were looking at the buttons so you cant.

OK, the guy is behind you blasting through your shields. No problem, just hit sci team. Nowhit it again because it didnt work. And again. Oh you died because his friends turn up while you were looking at the buttons.

This real noob stuff Crypitc.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-04-2010, 12:50 PM
This is under investigation by the core engineering team and while button queueing is not exactly setup as some players expect (you cannot queue multiple attacks, they cancel one another in most cases) - we are investigating this to improve the playability.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-04-2010, 12:54 PM
That's great to hear.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This is under investigation by the core engineering team and while button queueing is not exactly setup as some players expect (you cannot queue multiple attacks, they cancel one another in most cases) - we are investigating this to improve the playability.
Good to hear.
sometimes I'll use an ability, the game will start showing the effect (say... tractor beam) ... then it'll stop, and i'll have to press it *again* .. as if the server didn't realize I pressed the button at all. (this can happen regardless of whether I used any other powers at the same time or just that one alone).. this may also be why sometimes you will graphically shoot two torpedoes in a row.. but only one of them will be 'real' and do damage.

I've decided to preemptively blame packetloss.
Lt. Commander
# 16 agree
03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
I support this forum, my buttons have some serious lag too. sometimes it even shows the graphic of me pressing the skill key, then it resets. UI in this game needs some attention with regard to latency for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfr3 View Post
PLEASE Cryptic.

You cannot press your power buttons in a row and have them all turn on.

I spend more time in combat worrying about if my powers actually turned on than whether I'm fighting well or not. A lot of times I'll fire my torp after clicking HYT and realizing it never turned on.

Another example; I have HYT, CRF, Tact Team and APO I listed from hotkeys 1-4. If you click 1, 2, 3, 4 right in a row in a reasonable time, you'd be lucky to get two of powers to turn on. Further, if I click the #1 and then spam #2 for the second power, I'd be lucky if it turns on after the 3rd click.

There may be some kind of delay timer in place to keep from turning on multiple powers to quickly, but this is absolutely ridiculous and honestly just makes PvP much less fun.

I want to fight not spend the whole time worrying about whether my powers are on!

/signed.

Josh
/Signed

This is the most annoying thing in STO there is, to me at least. Especially annoying is when your skill actually goes on cooldown, but didn't truly activate.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-04-2010, 02:04 PM
actually, I believe I found an even more annoying one... try hitting E or Q a number of times to increase or decrease your speed. see how many of them actually get recorded by the client vs how many gets recorded by the server.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein
This is getting worse. Now my weps are not firing sometimes. Now I am spend more time looking at the bar trying to make sure the buttons are pressed than I do looking at the battle.

In a battle the ability to shoot back is quite important. So maybe this should be fixed? Just a suggestion.
I get this at times with my torpedoes. Sometimes they refuse to fire, even tho I'm taking no other actions and the target is dead ahead. They usually remain in this non-fire state till I leave the map. It seems to happen usually after activating HYT. I click and click and click and everytime the button just goes from its "available" state to grey and back.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-04-2010, 03:50 PM
I have made a detailed post explaining what is happening and how to deal with it. All you people need to read it.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=2301005