Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I thought this was the result of the cooldown on my cannons. It seemed like I couldn't activate powers while my cannons were being activated (auto-fire) or during the cannon cooldown. Makes it very hard to activate powers when my continuous weapons fire keeps interrupting them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiru
I have made a detailed post explaining what is happening and how to deal with it. All you people need to read it.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=2301005
Nice post, horribly wrong as far as the problem Im having and I imagine most others are having too. Ive had the thing show the animation and not do it and that one action was the ONLY action. The next action was trying to get it to activated again, around 30 seconds later when I noticed it hadnt gone thru.

As for .1 or .5 seconds I wish it was only that. I NEVER try using a skill now without at least a 2 second minimum as Im lucky if that will even work.

Nice to see they are looking into it now.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiru
I have made a detailed post explaining what is happening and how to deal with it. All you people need to read it.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=2301005
This is not the problem I've had.

You have four powers hot-keyed to 1, 2, 3, 4. Let's say High Yield Torpedo, Attack Pattern Alpha III, Attack Pattern Omega I, and Tactical Team I.

Over the course of say 1-2 seconds you hit "1, 2, 3, 4," right in a row. Will they all activate? No.

I do not touch anything else or fire weapons during this time. This is the problem at hand.

Thank you for your response/post, though.

Josh
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Yup, sorry. It's balls at the moment. Please fix in any way you see fit thx
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-04-2010, 11:29 PM
AND Jumping especially on a very similar note to response time.. This latest 'infected' addition shows us as much for sure.

IF: not in air
and Keypress: Spacebar
THEN: Jump.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfr3 View Post

You have four powers hot-keyed to 1, 2, 3, 4. Let's say High Yield Torpedo, Attack Pattern Alpha III, Attack Pattern Omega I, and Tactical Team I.

Over the course of say 1-2 seconds you hit "1, 2, 3, 4," right in a row. Will they all activate? No.

I do not touch anything else or fire weapons during this time. This is the problem at hand.

Thank you for your response/post, though.

Josh
I have this issue too.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfr3 View Post

This is the same issue that I described. It applies to all powers, not just weapons. Pressing those four keys in one second will always cancel at least two of them.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This is under investigation by the core engineering team and while button queueing is not exactly setup as some players expect (you cannot queue multiple attacks, they cancel one another in most cases) - we are investigating this to improve the playability.
Action Queuing would be helpful and limit the amount of network spam sent between client and server. I loved it in CoH, and missed it in WoW, CO... STO.. and pretty much all other MMO's I've tried.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This is under investigation by the core engineering team and while button queueing is not exactly setup as some players expect (you cannot queue multiple attacks, they cancel one another in most cases) - we are investigating this to improve the playability.
I could see if keys were pressed @ the time same. However even with just a one second delay, that should be more then long enough for our abilities to kick off.

We are in combat and not in a turn by turn game. This is "real" time. I have to be able to act/react to what I see in real time.

This isn't a table top game.