Lt. Commander
# 1 The 45-day update...
03-04-2010, 07:58 AM
There has been rumors of a 45-day update for some time, but nothing that specifically pins down this time frame.

This just in:

Quote:
Mission success against bosses provides Marks of Valor, which will be valuable for a special gear store coming in the 45-day update.
From these RELEASE NOTES.

I am posting this here, because it has been implied multiple times that this update would include lots of content for the Klingon faction. I, for one, hope that is true.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 10:39 AM
If FvF is in that patch, the 45 day patch better have a lot of boring PvE for Klingons. Because FvF will pretty much be the end of faction against faction.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcurl
If FvF is in that patch, the 45 day patch better have a lot of boring PvE for Klingons. Because FvF will pretty much be the end of faction against faction.
I doubt it. Nobody does KvK so I doubt many will do FvF, except as a relief for long queue times. I dunno that I can speak for all Klingon players on this but I like KvK fights, it's just that I'd much rather fight "the enemy team" than my own team, when given a choice.

I mean KvK ground combat is positively no different than FvK ground combat -- same skills, same weapons, etc -- but I never queue for it because, well, I'd rather kill the enemy.

I think you'll see most Feds queue for FvK first and only switch to FvF if they can't get a queue to pop up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 10:48 AM
the 45 day patch in theory should come around the 23-25th of March pending if they do it on a Tuesday or Thursday or between ^_^! thats counting from the 3rd February release date so, gues well see.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 10:50 AM
There would be a lot more space KvK if we didnt have cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I doubt it. Nobody does KvK so I doubt many will do FvF, except as a relief for long queue times. I dunno that I can speak for all Klingon players on this but I like KvK fights, it's just that I'd much rather fight "the enemy team" than my own team, when given a choice.

I mean KvK ground combat is positively no different than FvK ground combat -- same skills, same weapons, etc -- but I never queue for it because, well, I'd rather kill the enemy.

I think you'll see most Feds queue for FvK first and only switch to FvF if they can't get a queue to pop up.
I enjoy space KvK, it is more of a chess match. It also allows me to pit my skills against players with the same tools at their command.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenikis View Post
There would be a lot more space KvK if we didnt have cloak.
There would be a lot more KvK if people weren't worried about leveling and having short matches.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
There would be a lot more KvK if people weren't worried about leveling and having short matches.
Teacher: No, no, we have not even begun upon the path. Ed Gruberman, you must learn patience.
Ed Gruberman: Yeah yeah yeah, patience. How long will that take?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 05:55 PM
i told you so.....:p

guess you just had to find out for yourself tho, eh? thanks for keeping an eye out Tom, much appreciated. i didn't even read the notes today,