Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyASN View Post
Ok. But when you can't fire up your starship cause your BO left the map light on overnight, you're gonna be wishing they did more battery drops
This is perhaps the greatest post ever made in the history of the STO forums todate. If I had a nickel for every damn battery drop I've gotten since starting this game, well... I'd have a lot of money right now. :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-04-2010, 12:45 PM
STO Epix do the same dps as Greens
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulgor View Post
They should add "slots" into weapons and other equipment items, where you can put upgrades with certain effects. For example, upgrades that lower weapon cooldown, a chance to proc certain skills, more crit, acc, etc, whatever. This allows for a lot of room for new items and gives the grinders among us (me) something to do. Also, this way we will see more variety among ships.
Sounds like a great idea.
I'm just tired of the batteries.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I like this idea. You could make it a really rare drop, and only from bosses, etc..., but why not? Either way, I hope they are planning something fun and more exciting for rare drops from tough bosses/quests, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
Bah. You want to spice up the loot tables? Howabout when you blow up a borg cube you get a chance at a rare reclaimed Borg BO.

Or you scan some anomalous data and find an android BO. Surely THAT is in the 'Lore'.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
This is perhaps the greatest post ever made in the history of the STO forums todate. If I had a nickel for every damn battery drop I've gotten since starting this game, well... I'd have a lot of money right now. :p
or a lot of batteries....

:p
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-04-2010, 12:48 PM
More Efficient Engines showing up in this game aside from that one, single quest reward, would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I like a lot ideas here. The option to use batteries or whatever on weapons or consoles for damage/resist/cooldown changes is great. I'm no hardcore grinder, but I'd certainly have fun with that, too.
Also, the other-than-ship-parts drops sound cool, like outfit parts, BOs and such.

Hell, I'd already be grateful for a but more variation what batteries drop. I have a science ship, what am I supposed to do with like 5780 aux batteries? Fly in spirals all day? In the last week, I got 2 shield batteries, 1 weapon battery, over 20 engine batteries and at least 30 auxillary batteries. Umm, wtf?

Same on the ground. I find millions of shield charges, hypos and energy cells, a few shields and common weapons, but the last time I got a food item or a tribble was... I don't remember, I think it was when I was still Commander. Extra outfit parts, or - just as awesome - trophy items to sell or just show off - would be fun, like a Klingon sash to wear (with no effect, just deco), or a Jem'Hadar ketracel-white container, or Cardassian neckbones like the Rotarran crew had in DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanagrah
STO Epix do the same dps as Greens
No STO epics do the same dps as whites.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I want a +5 magical sword that does fire damage and increase my haste by +3 with mana regen.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-04-2010, 01:47 PM
I love endless batteries!