Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
For the past week i've been trying to kill borg in the level 47 DSE for loot, but i'm always met by full groups of chinese farmers (and yes i confirmed they are indeed from china) .. its impossible to get more than a handful of kills before the entire zone is cleared in under a minute. And i can only guess they are rotating shifts as i log in at different times of the day..and its always the same 15 people.

normally i wouldn't care as they'd eventually get banned for gold selling .. but a solid week?

and before you say "change maps" you can't, there is only one level 47 DSE map, and any attempt is met with <Admin> NoPossibleMaps. >.<
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 02:53 AM
I go on the "great gold farming hunt" in SB1 reporting them.

Now I'll go to the DSE

I'm surprised they managed to get there, usually they just complete the tutorial and then spam until they're deleted/silenced.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 02:57 AM
so that's why the borg DSE's are cleared so quickly..
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 02:58 AM
this isn't the gold spamming type .. this is their farmer group ..where they get the gold to sell.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Yeah, i've also noticed how quick these encounters are cleared. Though to be honest any random group could clear it quickly anyways. I personally wish they'd up the amount you need to destroy before finishing the encounter.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2010, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugubrious.bt View Post
Yeah, i've also noticed how quick these encounters are cleared. Though to be honest any random group could clear it quickly anyways. I personally wish they'd up the amount you need to destroy before finishing the encounter.
while i agree with what you say, the point is these "groups" are working in tandem to collect loot to sell for credits to then sell for real world currency. and they're being allowed to "farm" for days on end.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK-Rikana
while i agree with what you say, the point is these "groups" are working in tandem to collect loot to sell for credits to then sell for real world currency. and they're being allowed to "farm" for days on end.
I'm definately sure that its happening, i'm just not sure how much of a big priority these types of things are at this juncture. Not that it doesn't warrant mention though, should always bring it to light, maybe when things normalize measures can be taken to do something about it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 03:27 AM
This information has been forwarded to folks who can look into it. Thanks for the heads up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This information has been forwarded to folks who can look into it. Thanks for the heads up.
greatly appreciated, i sent in a ticket about it 2 days ago, as did others, but its yet to be read by a GM. and thank you for the quick response.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2010, 03:37 AM
Can you prove they are selling in-game currency for real world money? They aren't exactly breaking the rules by what they are doing in the DSE. If only I could get into those for some quick levelling of my alts :p