Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Facing several guys in pvp with antiproton cannons, well, there is no facing them, because you die, with full or nearly full shields, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Rotate shield freq, RSP, doesn't matter, because we're talking shielding.

This isn't feed back pulse, it's the weapons.

You might as well take your shields off. Sorry, antiproton weapons need their chance at going through shields removed. Buff them to have a chance at something else, but this makes pvp unplayable, unless you want to remove shields from the game. Then pvp will be over in a blink. It already is for those of us not yet decked out with them, but when everyone has them, and anything we do with shields is seen to be useless, pvp will up and die completely. Seriously DEVS, test it yourselves with antiproton cannons, and see what happens.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldor9
Facing several guys in pvp with antiproton cannons, well, there is no facing them, because you die, with full or nearly full shields, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Rotate shield freq, RSP, doesn't matter, because we're talking shielding.

This isn't feed back pulse, it's the weapons.

You might as well take your shields off. Sorry, antiproton weapons need their chance at going through shields removed. Buff them to have a chance at something else, but this makes pvp unplayable, unless you want to remove shields from the game. Then pvp will be over in a blink. It already is for those of us not yet decked out with them, but when everyone has them, and anything we do with shields is seen to be useless, pvp will up and die completely. Seriously DEVS, test it yourselves with antiproton cannons, and see what happens.
Antiproton weapons don't have a chance to bypass shields. They get +20% stronger critical severity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldor9
Facing several guys in pvp with antiproton cannons, well, there is no facing them, because you die, with full or nearly full shields, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Rotate shield freq, RSP, doesn't matter, because we're talking shielding.

This isn't feed back pulse, it's the weapons.

You might as well take your shields off. Sorry, antiproton weapons need their chance at going through shields removed. Buff them to have a chance at something else, but this makes pvp unplayable, unless you want to remove shields from the game. Then pvp will be over in a blink. It already is for those of us not yet decked out with them, but when everyone has them, and anything we do with shields is seen to be useless, pvp will up and die completely. Seriously DEVS, test it yourselves with antiproton cannons, and see what happens.
Dear feddie bear... Hazard Emitters and Engineering team will give you what you are looking for...

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magitek View Post
Antiproton weapons don't have a chance to bypass shields. They get +20% stronger critical severity.
Incorrect. They have a chance to bypass and +60 to crit severity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldor9
Facing several guys in pvp with antiproton cannons, well, there is no facing them, because you die, with full or nearly full shields, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Rotate shield freq, RSP, doesn't matter, because we're talking shielding.

This isn't feed back pulse, it's the weapons.

You might as well take your shields off. Sorry, antiproton weapons need their chance at going through shields removed. Buff them to have a chance at something else, but this makes pvp unplayable, unless you want to remove shields from the game. Then pvp will be over in a blink. It already is for those of us not yet decked out with them, but when everyone has them, and anything we do with shields is seen to be useless, pvp will up and die completely. Seriously DEVS, test it yourselves with antiproton cannons, and see what happens.
QQ

Seriously, the bypassing shield proc, if it even exists, isnt that much. The whole damage doesnt apply to the hull, just a percentage, so the shields still keep you alive longer than if you didnt have them. From the sounds of it, you need to learn how to pvp... learn to use hull repair abilities.

If anything, they need to improve the dps of antiproton weapons... from what Ive noticed, the extra crit chance doesnt seem to work...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-01-2010, 01:13 AM
They deffintley have a chance to bypass the shields dont no about the crit other then the the fact there epic which is not really a antiproton advantage. On another note are u sure you are talking about antirpoton is the weapon your talking about blue?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Dear feddie bear... Hazard Emitters and Engineering team will give you what you are looking for...

First, my brilliant erudite friend (can't say what I want to say) I was playing T5 pvp as a Klingon, so you know what you can do with your insult. Second, you guys are dead wrong. When the Feds we were facing had 2 or 3 escorts decked out with antiproton cannons, they destroyed us, and they did it with our shields full. Nothing could be done, period.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Once again are u sure you are talking about antiproton? what did the weapon look like?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flato View Post
They deffintley have a chance to bypass the shields dont no about the crit other then the the fact there epic which is not really a antiproton advantage. On another note are u sure you are talking about antirpoton is the weapon your talking about blue?
Antiproton was my guess by process of elimination, being that nothing else I have faced in pvp takes out my hull while leaving my shields. I have cannons and turrets, and I use FBP myself, so I do know what it looks like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Well for one i hope u are right because that would mean antiproton isnt worthless because of how many skill points it is but i have a feeling you are wrong, and something else is in the air i have used antiproton for weeks and other then the purp extra they dont seem that great. Odds are either its something else or u are just going up agnist skilled opponents. Antiprotons have a small chance of hitting the hull u would certinaley take shield damage as well and theres the arguement that it doesnt matter since u would be alternating damage between hull and shields vs teteryon which would just get the shields down quick and pound ur hull.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:00 PM.