Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Beaming Up
02-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi

Im not sure if this thread was made, i searched but did not find anything. So I am wondering if the beaming up animation will be changed for klingons. When klingon NPCs beam up, you see the canon klingon red transporter beam but for players its the same as the federation.

Are there plans to change this to the klingon red transporter beam and sound or is it supposed to be like that and is just bugged?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 11:43 PM
And on a side note:
The Klingon transporter system should be silent. This was done intentionaly so that Marines could be beamed aboard an enemie's ship w/o detection via sound.

Sadly to say, the mortality rate of those being transported is a bit higher than those using Federation Transporters. They gave up an acceptable % of safety to maintain the sound integretiy of the mission I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace_Keeper View Post
And on a side note:
The Klingon transporter system should be silent. This was done intentionaly so that Marines could be beamed aboard an enemie's ship w/o detection via sound.

Sadly to say, the mortality rate of those being transported is a bit higher than those using Federation Transporters. They gave up an acceptable % of safety to maintain the sound integretiy of the mission I guess.
"The Final Reflection" is not canon. As awesome as it was.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
"The Final Reflection" is not canon. As awesome as it was.
Well I'll be! Somebody actually knew where that came from! It was also a feature in the pen & paper Star Trek RPG.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmonkitar View Post
Hi

Im not sure if this thread was made, i searched but did not find anything. So I am wondering if the beaming up animation will be changed for klingons. When klingon NPCs beam up, you see the canon klingon red transporter beam but for players its the same as the federation.

Are there plans to change this to the klingon red transporter beam and sound or is it supposed to be like that and is just bugged?

Thanks
ask yourself this, of all the Klingon content Cryptic could be working on, is the transporter effect something that should be a priority?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Thus the problem with the carebears vs the pvpers.

Real content vs pin stripping or curtains on the windows. Hold the curtains until we have a decent house to play in please.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
ask yourself this, of all the Klingon content Cryptic could be working on, is the transporter effect something that should be a priority?
the animation, sound effect and visual effect for Klingon beaming is in game and is used by Klingon NPCs.....it shouldnt take much effort to add it for Klingon players, it would make them feel more polished...id say yes its a minor priority that could be easily fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2010, 09:50 AM
How do you know it could be easily fixed? Did you write the code?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah I dunno about that... We had a working mkIV pvp kit vendor on fed side, yet all the screaming in the world couldn't get a fix on the broken Klingon npc for months!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Lol carebear, cant go anywhere on these forums without someone throwing insults around no matter how polite you are...

If NPCs can use it, how difficult could it be to adjust it for players? Tell me this, would it be easier to adjust the FX or add in more content..which would take more time, tweaking the FX or adding more content..

considering you know nothing about me, i find it hilarious that you would classify me as a carebear. I pvp all the time and consider myself an avid pvper, and that was one thing that is lame about klingons, no matter how small of a thing it may be. Transporter FX should not be that difficult to adjust. Sometimes its the little things that make a game feel great.. sure more content is needed but why throw a bunch of garbage in a pile and call it finished instead of constructing a neatly built wall?

so instead of trolling, dont post at all.