Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Since i have started playing, all i have seen is people whining about science skills being overpowered even though there are perfectly good counters to all of them.

It seems to me everyone who makes a whine thread about FBP, VM, SNP etc etc just refuses to want to think outside the box and just wants "GUNS GUNS GUNS!" to solve everything.

Please before anyone makes a new thread about a science ability, please think before posting about what you could have done to defend against it.
I know the normal in pvp these days is stack as much RSP as possible, but there are other options.

TL;DR? L2P morons
Could you tell me the counter for SNB? I've yet to see anything change how hard it hits other than target Aux, and that only lasts a couple of seconds. Did I mention you can't use it on Klingons who pop SNB 1/100000th of a second after dropping cloak? So what's your counter for SNB anyway?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-04-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhowdy View Post
Could you tell me the counter for SNB? I've yet to see anything change how hard it hits other than target Aux, and that only lasts a couple of seconds. Did I mention you can't use it on Klingons who pop SNB 1/100000th of a second after dropping cloak? So what's your counter for SNB anyway?
The solution most people use is to have their shields and hull chewed through by a bunch of cvannons. Then QQ in zone chat. That seems to work quite well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-04-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
I agree. too bad most of the feddie bears that come to whine here will never learn to use the limited grey matter between their ears for anything other than a hat rack.
Warning:: You should not actually place a hat directly on your brain as it may cause damage or infection. This message brought to you by citizens against placing foreign objects on internal organs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhowdy View Post
Could you tell me the counter for SNB? I've yet to see anything change how hard it hits other than target Aux, and that only lasts a couple of seconds. Did I mention you can't use it on Klingons who pop SNB 1/100000th of a second after dropping cloak? So what's your counter for SNB anyway?

The counter to SNB? Easy one : have a teammate use extend shields+ hazard emitters on you and relax once itīs over focus fire the guy that used it .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackinger View Post
The counter to SNB? Easy one : have a teammate use extend shields+ hazard emitters on you and relax once itīs over focus fire the guy that used it .
thats not a hard counter, thats a soft counter... to general damage and not SNB. your arguement is flawed.

not to be arrogant, but I think I would know if it had a counter (in fact I would tell the whole damn world with my guide)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Ok i think i have to clarify my earlier post a bit ...
I do NOT think SNB is ok the way it is now. There shouldnīt be a skill that can disable a target for 20+ seconds with no real counter, what i was trying to say is:

Whine less, work together more and you can overcome every tactic the enemy is throwing at you easily.

In fact a fight of 2 good teams can last a long time because simply noone can really kill anything (even with good focus firing) and is a lot of fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker2009 View Post
I have yet to have anyone heal me from SNB+VM. Every time I get hit with that combo, I'm dead. The SNB keeps me from applying SC2 against the VM, and poof, I'm dead.
Well then, the Fed players must have better teamwork... because as a T5 science ship, even if I hit someone with Subnucleonic Beam + Viral Matrix, I can't do enough damage to kill them by myself before it wears off 15 seconds later. That requires more than one Fed ship blasting away at you. And if you're getting that much aggro and no one on your team is healing you (which would snap you out of VM anyway), then your teammates just aren't doing their jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker2009 View Post
I have once or twice healed others that have gotten hit be VM and I was close enough to do it. But, it's purely luck to be close enough, and see them get hit, and be in position to extend SC2, assuming that my SC2 isn't happen to be in cool down. You make it sound so easy, ummmm, a little more complicated than that.
Eh? It's not "luck" that you're close enough... You're supposed to be close enough to heal your teammates at all times. What on earth are you doing 10KM away from them? That should never happen. If you're that far away from your team, you deserve to be killed.

Also, you don't have to be alert enough to spot VM visually. All of your teammates' hull integrities are shown on the left side of your screen. If you see that one of them in trouble, you heal him. That also snaps him out of VM. This is just common sense. You should always have an eye on your teammates' status.

Like I said on the first page, most of the problems Klingons have with VM and other science abilities arise from the fact that none of them are looking out for each other the way they should.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Complaining about players not wanting to lose an "I win" button while defending SNB.....

Irony.
Here's what you don't understand, dude: Science vessels don't do damage. We don't kill you with guns. We kill you by shutting your systems down.

You complain that there is no counter to it... of course there's a counter; there are lots of counters. To name a couple:
  1. Get behind us so we can't use SNB or VM against you.
  2. Be ready to heal each other out of VM when one of you is affected.
  3. Target science ships and focus fire.
Problem is, you don't want a counter; you just want a button you can press to be invincible. I'd like to say tough ****, but I suspect you will eventually get your way, just because of the sheer amount of whining from Klinks on the forum who can't be bothered to play as a team.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
, just because of the sheer amount of whining from Klinks on the forum who can't be bothered to play as a team.
Statistically there is a far greater amount of feds that whine about it.
As a science officer in a carrier myself i know how it works and if i get killed because of it, it is only because my enemy did it before i did it to them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Statistically there is a far greater amount of feds that whine about it.
There is a far greater amount of Feds overall. But I concede your point.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:16 PM.