Lt. Commander
# 21
03-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Statistically there is a far greater amount of feds that whine about it.
As a science officer in a carrier myself i know how it works and if i get killed because of it, it is only because my enemy did it before i did it to them.
It is also because none of your mates are healing you when they should. Killing a carrier takes either a long time or a lot of aggro, even with VM. What are your teammates doing while you're getting *****? They must see your hull integrity dropping.

Don't blame the Feds when that happens. The lowly Science Team I is all it takes to break VM and you have four teammates around.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
It is also because none of your mates are healing you when they should. Killing a carrier takes either a long time or a lot of aggro, even with VM. What are your teammates doing while you're getting *****? They must see your hull integrity dropping.

Don't blame the Feds when that happens. The lowly Science Team I is all it takes to break VM and you have four teammates around.

Not everyone is in, or wants to be in a premade team. Its boring.

'But if everyone focuses fire and spider tanks we can turn pvp into a real grind, like eve!'

Nah, doesn't appeal.

Cryptic should be looking for more ways to counter the blob mentality. Like having more aoe, spreading objectives over the map, and improved temorary invulnerability spells. That way pvp wont be dragged into a procedural, boring, blob-based, skilless, pile of bordom.

Dog fights, individual skill and people using all kinds of different spells is more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein

'But if everyone focuses fire and spider tanks we can turn pvp into a real grind, like eve!'

Nah, doesn't appeal.

Cryptic should be looking for more ways to counter the blob mentality. Like having more aoe, spreading objectives over the map, and improved temorary invulnerability spells. That way pvp wont be dragged into a procedural, boring, blob-based, skilless, pile of bordom.

Dog fights, individual skill and people using all kinds of different spells is more fun.
I do fly in premades often. but mostly i pug it so i also prefer to trust in my own abilities rather than rely on others to get me out of trouble. My boff layout is quite different when i fly with my fleet as opposed to when i pug.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
I do fly in premades often. but mostly i pug it so i also prefer to trust in my own abilities rather than rely on others to get me out of trouble. My boff layout is quite different when i fly with my fleet as opposed to when i pug.
Reading what I wrote makes me sound like I'm having a go at people using pre-made. I didnt mean it that way. Play how you enjoy.

I just mean thats the way I would prefer to see the game go.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein

Nah, doesn't appeal.

It doesn't take a premade team... For goodness' sake, how much experience does it require to know that when your mates' hull integrity is dropping, you heal them? No ship should be without at least a couple of support abilities.

If you are sitting there being ***** for 20 seconds and you're on fire and none of your teammates are healing you, your team sucks. That's all there is to it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
It doesn't take a premade team... For goodness' sake, how much experience does it require to know that when your mates' hull integrity is dropping, you heal them? No ship should be without at least a couple of support abilities.

If you are sitting there being ***** for 20 seconds and you're on fire and none of your teammates are healing you, your team sucks. That's all there is to it.
Yeah thats true. Your tank starts with the guy already being shot. Sci team, haz emitters, extend shields etc are ftw.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
I
You are under the impression that if they can heal you you can still survive. Your wrong. The only thing that can save you from this is maybe extend shields. Add another ship into the mix attacking you and you are dead dead dead. Not once in any PuG has anyone ever saved me from SNB death. Healed me? Sure. But at 20+ seconds there is no science ship that is retarded enough to not kill you.

You don't seriously want to tell me that a BoP sci guy can't do enough damage to kill you in 20 seconds?? haha

Even a sci ship still can have a 5-6 beam broadside that can kill anything but a carrier(and really you should be able to do this as well since it can't turn worth anything) easy in 20 seconds with no defenses.

No. You just want to keep YOUR "I win" button. That much is pretty obvious.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Since i have started playing, all i have seen is people whining about science skills being overpowered even though there are perfectly good counters to all of them.

It seems to me everyone who makes a whine thread about FBP, VM, SNP etc etc just refuses to want to think outside the box and just wants "GUNS GUNS GUNS!" to solve everything.

Please before anyone makes a new thread about a science ability, please think before posting about what you could have done to defend against it.
I know the normal in pvp these days is stack as much RSP as possible, but there are other options.

TL;DR? L2P morons
You said there is a perfectly good counter to all science skills. What is the counter to Subnucleonic beam? You probably didn't mean to lie, but it seems hard to imagine you would leave out science officers most potent skill having absolutely NO counter.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Of course they will all be nerfed, because all the Klingons do is whine about almost every science ability I have. First it was VM, then it was SNB and VM, and now it's SNB, VM, and FBP. They won't be happy until the only thing I have left is Science Team I and even then they'll be QQing about it being "OP" in every other thread. I can already hear it - "omg if you stack ST 5 times, you cannot die!! ST is OP!!" These people are as far removed from the attitudes of actual Klingons as it is possible to get.

To all these Klingons who are *****ing about SNB + VM disabling them for 15 seconds, I wonder if any of them have ever considered the fact that, even if they cannot apply Science Team I to themselves during this time, one of their allies can. I know, it's a novel approach, healing your mates, but have you ever considered just a little teamwork? Likewise, if you just attack us from behind, we cannot even use SNB or VM. But of course they don't consider these things because all they want to do is fly straight at a Fed player and blow him up. They just want an "I WIN" button that they can press over and over to make themselves feel powerful and they absolutely cannot comprehend that a science ship might be able to defeat a Klingon in an even match.

I wish the devs wouldn't listen to them, but I know they eventually will.
Double edged sword friend, the nerf is for both sides.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythran
You are under the impression that if they can heal you you can still survive. Your wrong. The only thing that can save you from this is maybe extend shields.
Science Team I will free you from VM and restore at least half of your shield strength.

Quote:
Add another ship into the mix attacking you and you are dead dead dead. Not once in any PuG has anyone ever saved me from SNB death. Healed me? Sure. But at 20+ seconds there is no science ship that is retarded enough to not kill you.
Again, all they have to do is give you a simple Ensign-level heal and there is no "20+ seconds", you're free and mostly healed.

Quote:
Even a sci ship still can have a 5-6 beam broadside that can kill anything but a carrier(and really you should be able to do this as well since it can't turn worth anything) easy in 20 seconds with no defenses.
Again, if you are disabled for 20 seconds and people have been wailing on you and none of your teammates has freed you yet - if not one of your four teammates can be bothered to give you a simple Ensign-level heal after that long - your team just sucks and you're going to lose anyway. There's nothing more to it than that. Either get used to losing or learn how to play as a team. No amount of nerfing is going to make up for the fact that the people you're playing with have no capacity for teamwork whatsoever.