Lt. Commander
# 1 Two bridge officer questions
03-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Greetings, I can't believe that I haven't been able to figure out how to do this, so I figured I'd ask...

1) Where in the UI is the option to discharge a bridge officer? Would love to do it, but can't figure out how...

2) If a bridge officer is discharged, do their skill points go back into your BO skillpoint pool, or are they gone? I've read conflicting posts about this (which are a bit older, so the answer may have changed upon more recent patching)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Server is down so I can't double check but:

1) I believe it is in the paperdoll window. Look down at the bottom. There should be a button that says "discharge" or something similar.

2) Points are gone.

[Edit:] Okay, I can confirm that there is a button on the paperdoll view in the bottom right labeled "Discharge".
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 04:06 AM
If you go onto the status tab for the BO you want to discharge you should see the option there somewhere. All the points that you spent on that BO are lost, but it doesn't matter too much as you still earn BO points even when you hit the level cap.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodz
If you go onto the status tab for the BO you want to discharge you should see the option there somewhere. All the points that you spent on that BO are lost, but it doesn't matter too much as you still earn BO points even when you hit the level cap.
+1. Default is "K" to open the screen then look at the bottom of the status window, near the promote button.

The BO points are lost, but it's not too big an issue. By mid-game, you have tons of them and can earn them w/o limit.