Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 .5% endgame?
03-05-2010, 02:57 PM
from what i hear about the endgame it seems like it may be appealing to only the most hardcore of the hardcore raiders.

will it be like old wow raids where only .5% of the population can finish it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyklingon
from what i hear about the endgame it seems like it may be appealing to only the most hardcore of the hardcore raiders.

will it be like old wow raids where only .5% of the population can finish it?
It's the exact opposite. Dont let them fool you, the only 'difficulty' in this 'endgame' is the obscenely large amounts of slowly moving towards you mobs that are so retarded the only people not able to kill them are the people that think this 'game' is hard.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-05-2010, 03:06 PM
i guess i'll have to wait to try it myself.

although some of it sounds about as appealing as the average wow raid tbqh.

and no i'm wasn't a raider in wow. tried it, hated it. too much trash.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Its supposed to be a 5 player nightmare'

Today we had 3 alliance members 1 pug so a team of 4 and none of us were a medic.


Do the dance of victory numfar!!!!!!!.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5...esnomedict.jpg


It needs to be harder and lees forgiving of screwups.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
Its supposed to be a 5 player nightmare'

Today we had 3 alliance members 1 pug so a team of 4 and none of us were a medic.


Do the dance of victory numfar!!!!!!!.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5...esnomedict.jpg


It needs to be harder and lees forgiving of screwups.
Then it's not really that hard... How come there are so many posts on the general forum about it being insanely hard? 5 hours to complete and all that?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Its the first of the team-based content. I kind of expect it to be relatively easy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raximillian
Then it's not really that hard... How come there are so many posts on the general forum about it being insanely hard? 5 hours to complete and all that?
1. Most players charged through the levels solo.

2. Without a DP they just "respawn zerged" through every mission, charging in and not giving a crap about dying as long as they killed summat, then they repeated that over and over until the mission was done.

3. This raid content inplaces respawns on a wipe and does not allow each team member to be a one man army, it also has set respawns to prevent "respawn zerging" your way to a easy victory to a certain extent.


I like it but it needs to be harder and punish ppl for screwing up more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
1. Most players charged through the levels solo.

2. Without a DP they just "respawn zerged" through every mission, charging in and not giving a crap about dying as long as they killed summat, then they repeated that over and over until the mission was done.

3. This raid content inplaces respawns on a wipe and does not allow each team member to be a one man army, it also has set respawns to prevent "respawn zerging" your way to a easy victory to a certain extent.


I like it but it needs to be harder and punish ppl for screwing up more.
So good teamwork wins the day easy. Sound like it was designed ok then. Can't wait to get there to try it out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raximillian
Then it's not really that hard... How come there are so many posts on the general forum about it being insanely hard? 5 hours to complete and all that?
First time through I really enjoyed it although my jumping skills are terrible so I need to maybe practice a bit. We had a great group so that probably helped a bit. The only part I really didn't like about it was if you die in the last room you get locked out until everyone wipes which was frustrating and hurt the group so I felt really bad whenever I mis-jumped.

Destroying the borg nodes which a lot of people seem to complain about - I do this in the other borg missions so that part seemed pretty obvious to me.

The drops in the mission seemed pretty appropriate too although no great prize at the end and when the mission was over it just ended which felt a little strange.

I don't think it's just a .5% endgame mission - I think everyone should do it and I hope they enjoy it. It is however very different to the rest of the game where you don't need to work with anyone else.

I'd much rather spend a few hours repeating this than 30 minutes doing the lame 'exploration' missions (although I did notice after the patch the bases in exploration missions seem to have been upgraded and now look more like real bases).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raximillian
So good teamwork wins the day easy. Sound like it was designed ok then. Can't wait to get there to try it out.
Good team work and slow but steady progress are the keys, do not be afraid to retreat now and again to avoid a death or wipe and do not go in solo or when your entire team is not with you or ready.

Reading the hints and or tactics others have developed is a good idea, we found today that putting up the shield that the engineer kit gives in corridirs and door ways was a great way to slow and trap swarms of borg drones, obviously using your map to locate and kill the regen nodes first is a real must and surviving doing so can be a test of team work and communication.

Take along lenty of shield batteries and hypo sprays ect as you will need a lot, i took 35 of each today but they are ceap so no worries.



Its raiding 101 tbh but like i said ppl have been so used to respawn zerging through content that a speed bump has them running to theforums in tears.

When i played storm reach if you did not kill the boos on the first try that was it lol the WHOLE encounter reset right back to the beginning and you appeared dead some times in the middle of the market lol.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 AM.