Lt. Commander
# 121 infected = insanity
03-06-2010, 06:50 PM
i just wish it were possible to do this mission solo with my bridge officers, I spent as much time prepping them to help me as I did building my own character, just to have them taken away!? I believe this mission is too much for the casual player. Fleet members with the chance to coordinate powers and skills, who are hooked up on teamspeak and spend every waking moment playing this game with each other will probably be the only ones to complete this mission. A random team will not do it.
Lt. Commander
# 122
03-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
i just wish it were possible to do this mission solo with my bridge officers, I spent as much time prepping them to help me as I did building my own character, just to have them taken away!? I believe this mission is too much for the casual player. Fleet members with the chance to coordinate powers and skills, who are hooked up on teamspeak and spend every waking moment playing this game with each other will probably be the only ones to complete this mission. A random team will not do it.
If you take 5 minutes to look around this very forum, you will see that many PUG's have completed Infected. I personally pugged it on day one, and we completed it with 4 players and no science officer.

So yeah, you're wrong about that.
Lt. Commander
# 123
03-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
what ? i always play with random guys and we finish it every night so what is the problem ?
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-06-2010, 07:19 PM
regardless, the game's failure to prepare an average player for this type of mission is going to cause a lot of similar feelings. maybe it just needs to be a whole lot harder to make RA5. I know I don't feel ready for this mission and know I have to spend a lot more time improving my character's ground skills.
Lt. Commander
# 125
03-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
A random team will not do it.
Amusingly when I ran it with a fleet on Vent we wiped against Simmons every time, but when I pugged it with no Vent we killed her easily on the second run.

It can be done. You just have to shake the mentality of 'crouch and keep pressing 1'.
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg316 View Post
The respawns of areas you already cleared was crazy. Especially since the revive respawn point was all the way at the start of the mission. My team had to reclear areas and their 'nodes' twice, which is total b.s. I know, I know, they are the Borg. They adapt and repair...hogwash!

I had a great time not completing the mission. The space battle at the start was cool. It took coordinated effort, but was won fairly quickly. But the ground was like a crazy bee-hive. Again, I had fun, but the respawns were just insane. And the ambushes while engaged in combat was a nice touch, but again, insane.

Our biggest problem was we lost 1 of our team soon after ground combat begun on the station. So we were down to 4. We made it about halfway through the map w/out our 5th captain (who should be a damn ensing if he did not dc and just quit w/out a word). But after numerous deaths and suicide runs to take out the nodes, and finally getting a little momentum, we lost a second captain. With 3 of us left, we didnt even bother to continue.

To my teammates, thanks for the effort. It was a good day to die, even if we werent Klingon!

My reccommendation, even though I know there will be people who beat this, is re-examine the respawn points and the enemy respawns...or at least one or the other. I will try again as soon as my blood pressure drops. (lol)
The Borg do not just randomly, "Re-Spawn." You have to work with your team to figure out how best to engage them. The trick is, to understand how the Borg work in this instance. There are two type of Borg groups, patrols and those attached to Interlink Nodes. If you attack the Interlink Node, destroy it and then retreat, you will notice that only the mobs associated with that node will be pulled. All the others will ignore you.

If you retreat and get defeated, the Elite Tactical Drones can create another Interlink Node, and respawn a group. It is better to die in the room than it is to retreat. Always target the nodes first, because if you just attack the borg, without dropping the Node, their priority after killing you is to rebuild any nodes you have already destroyed.

The mission isn't difficult once you understand how to do it. In all seriousness, look up a guide or two first, then give it a good try. Working with PuGs will also not work well for you. I suggest working with a fleet over Vent for the first run or two.
Lt. Commander
# 127
03-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
regardless, the game's failure to prepare an average player for this type of mission is going to cause a lot of similar feelings. maybe it just needs to be a whole lot harder to make RA5. I know I don't feel ready for this mission and know I have to spend a lot more time improving my character's ground skills.
Your right, the game is responsible for teaching you how to play . . . Wow . . . just wow . . .
Lt. Commander
# 128
03-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOfHats View Post
Amusingly when I ran it with a fleet on Vent we wiped against Simmons every time, but when I pugged it with no Vent we killed her easily on the second run.

It can be done. You just have to shake the mentality of 'crouch and keep pressing 1'.
Very true.i ran this about 12 times before i beat it and when i beat it, it was because i stoped playing how i usualy do i played more like a fps used LOS my whole team died and her heath reset but i ended up soloeing her to my surprise. and im a Tact without the heal kit and used few shield/heal regen items.
Lt. Commander
# 129
03-07-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGladiator
The only thing that needs fixing, is your tactics. We beat her again today, with 4 people and no science officer, and very little trouble.
Excellent, well done, good tactics good cooperation. I enjoyed the videos and the dancing at the end
You've certainly teached the borg a lesson and used the environment perfectly!

Rebecca Simmons Boss Video:
http://www.fileplanet.com/210385/210...mmons-Boss?r=5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lxNu42hdO0

How To Jump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOQLXeREIp8
Lt. Commander
# 130
03-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capraibex
Excellent, well done, good tactics good cooperation. I enjoyed the videos and the dancing at the end
You've certainly teached the borg a lesson and used the environment perfectly!

Rebecca Simmons Boss Video:
http://www.fileplanet.com/210385/210...mmons-Boss?r=5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lxNu42hdO0

How To Jump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOQLXeREIp8
lol how to jump
As simple as jumping sounds there are so many that have no idea what they are doing good work for putting How To Jump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOQLXeREIp8[/quote] up here=D