Lt. Commander
# 131
03-08-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg316 View Post
Nah, I didnt take offense. Just commenting. And the remark was actually a compliment to your space combat skill...though space combat is far from hard unless you spawn in the middle of an enemy squadron (::coughs:: DSE). :p
Lol, just noticed this. I did think later that you might have been meaning that but then I felt guilty .

All good anyway, but there are no skills here, thanks all the same. Kirk Space school of Butt Kicking lols.
Lt. Commander
# 132
03-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lockheed
What's scary is that once three people take the shield down on one of the generators you get an option to upload a virus to it. My group was reduced to three people so we didn't get to test it, but uploading a virus to a single generator does nothing as they all respawn and shields are brought back up, which lead me to believe all four shields need to go down within 3-4 minutes and virus has to be uploaded simultaneously on all four generators.
FYI: Only ONE player has to upload the virus then the shield stays down 4 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 133
03-09-2010, 11:19 PM
My take on Infected...

Space portion: Interesting and enjoyable. Most importantly, well-paced.

Ground portion: Atrociously un-fun. Most importantly, too long. Which only amplifies the torture.

If this is the kind of content that I have to look forward to, I'm really not going to have to think very hard at the end of this billing cycle.
Lt. Commander
# 134
03-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
My take on Infected...

Space portion: Interesting and enjoyable. Most importantly, well-paced.

Ground portion: Atrociously un-fun. Most importantly, too long. Which only amplifies the torture.

If this is the kind of content that I have to look forward to, I'm really not going to have to think very hard at the end of this billing cycle.
Im sure they will add a few combat missions you and your "fire all weapons" button can solo soon dude after all every combat mission APART from infected is like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capraibex
FYI: Only ONE player has to upload the virus then the shield stays down 4 minutes.

You know i never really timed it, is it really only 4 mins?, wow i have done it and finished it 3 times since the patch and i had no idea the exact time it took as i was too busu to time it lol.
Lt. Commander
# 135
03-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg316 View Post
Glad you made it further than my team's attempt. It is a crazy mission with the first true Borg feeling that we have grown to fear in the Star Trek Universe...

...But perhaps it is a little to much for a 5-person team. From what I've experienced and read, some areas require almost perfect timing and tactics. If this raidisode is working as intended, then I say the reward for completing it had really better be something most people would shout, "Awesome! Totally Awesome!!" (Spicoli anyone?).

I dont think Ive really seen much griping yet. It is safe to say that because it was just released today that these posts are from people who probably just attmepted it and are alittle annoyed at not completing it. But I posted this in the Feedback Section for the purpose of people sharing their thoughts on it so the devs get a feel for how the community is responding. I am sure in no time there will be people completing this...I havent seen an MMO where that didnt happen. Personally, I think some things I mentioned should be looked at.
To be honest, the 4 minutes alloted are too much. This should be cut down to 2 minutes to actually make this encounter challening. A tip is to clear as many borg as you can before taking down the first shield. You should be able to clear the first 2 corners and have the 2 guys in the center start working on the 3rd when you take down the first one. This practically gives you 3 corners with no spawns to do in 4 minutes. The last team I did this with had over 2 minutes to spare and could have done a line dance while waiting for them to respawn. If you follow this tip it should make it a lot easier.

The other tip is to use the mouse solely for movement. Keyboard turning = bad and causes fail jumping to occur.

The only real bugs I've seen are that the boss will get stuck in the corner and be hard to target but still attack the players and the players can be knocked through the forcefield at the door without much chance of getting back in. This is what needs to be fixed. Other issues in this thread are due to lack of practice.
Lt. Commander
# 136
03-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlrny View Post
To be honest, the 4 minutes alloted are too much. This should be cut down to 2 minutes to actually make this encounter challening. A tip is to clear as many borg as you can before taking down the first shield. You should be able to clear the first 2 corners and have the 2 guys in the center start working on the 3rd when you take down the first one. This practically gives you 3 corners with no spawns to do in 4 minutes. The last team I did this with had over 2 minutes to spare and could have done a line dance while waiting for them to respawn. If you follow this tip it should make it a lot easier.

The other tip is to use the mouse solely for movement. Keyboard turning = bad and causes fail jumping to occur.

The only real bugs I've seen are that the boss will get stuck in the corner and be hard to target but still attack the players and the players can be knocked through the forcefield at the door without much chance of getting back in. This is what needs to be fixed. Other issues in this thread are due to lack of practice.
2 minutes is 30 seconds per shield face (or 40 if you only count 3 faces) which is quite unforgiving. 1 mistake and you have to restart.
Lt. Commander
# 137
03-10-2010, 11:27 AM
darn near every post on this Topic is griping about how hard the instance is, and how it is next to impossible. Maybe the problem is not the quest its the people trying to complete it. If the quest was easier than you would all be saying what a jip that quest was. just because you cant finish it the first second or third time doesn't mean it cannot be done. maybe you should just suckless!
Lt. Commander
# 138
03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
2 minutes is 30 seconds per shield face (or 40 if you only count 3 faces) which is quite unforgiving. 1 mistake and you have to restart.
Considering you can take down 3/4 of the shields without any borg on them, this would still be too easy in my opinoin.
Lt. Commander
# 139
03-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehazz View Post
darn near every post on this Topic is griping about how hard the instance is, and how it is next to impossible. Maybe the problem is not the quest its the people trying to complete it. If the quest was easier than you would all be saying what a jip that quest was. just because you cant finish it the first second or third time doesn't mean it cannot be done. maybe you should just suckless!
Can I get an Amen?
Lt. Commander
# 140
03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
if ever there was need for an argument against a death penalty it is the infected mission at the queens chamber.

the mission in it self is doable if it wasn't for all the glitches. more than once ive gotten stuck next to the shield generators while the shields were, requiring me to zone in and out of mission.

i have doubts that the mission was ever play tested some times

still it is the most fun i have had playing the game, despite not completing the mission.
just the amount of socialization involved was more than entertaining. a true mmo experience