Lt. Commander
# 141
03-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karek View Post
if ever there was need for an argument against a death penalty it is the infected mission at the queens chamber.

the mission in it self is doable if it wasn't for all the glitches. more than once ive gotten stuck next to the shield generators while the shields were, requiring me to zone in and out of mission.

i have doubts that the mission was ever play tested some times

still it is the most fun i have had playing the game, despite not completing the mission.
just the amount of socialization involved was more than entertaining. a true mmo experience
The main need for a DP is for PvP. Although it does seam strange that there is not a DP in effect in PvE also.

I agree that when it is implemented, there needs to be allot of changes in the PvE game to make it fair.
It will be interesting to see whether the bugs will be sorted out for the DP or whether the DP will be made to work with all the bugs. Falling through the ground to your death or your BO's falling through and abandoning you to a pack of Borg, for example.
Lt. Commander
# 142
03-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Just a thought, maybe I'm an idiot.

Everytime I get to the Deeper into the Mystery part, I get frustrated with one inparticular fact. Why would any1 in their right mind try and revive someone laying in a puddle of burning liquid? You would think that they would pull the body out of the liquid and then revive them, but not Cryptic, bring them back to life just so they can reaccount the pain and horror?

Death is inevitable in this mission and any kind of Death Penalty will make this even more impossible. DP will also keep any1 from PUGs. People will only do this mission with people that know exactly what they are doing. This mission has a learning curve, and I agree with the idea, but how much time and money (depending on the dp put into effect) are people willing to lose, just to wipe with no gain?

Allowing people to revive on the platforms will greatly improve this mission imo. In battle if a soldier gets shot in the open, you dont go out in the open to aid them, you pull them and yourself to safety.

Respawns are bad but they get out of control when you have to stop killing them to revive a team mate several times till they can make it to safety. All along the way your are getting crossfire ganked and spanked.

Ironically Cryptic says no 3rd party machanics allowed but this mission with out voice communication is impossible. Vent any1? Respawn is another issue, you kill a borg and before he hits the groun (and I am not exaggerating) and another one respawns in its place. When you finally get all the shields down and destroy the center modual you still end up with anywhere from 5 - 8 borgs plus the Queen that can one hit you. You have to stay away from other players when she dots you and before you can revive your team amte she dots another team mate. If you dont even bother reviving she quickly disposes of the rest of the team. If you leave queen alone and focus on killing the other borg before the queen its still a fail.

Revive with a little more hp would also be nice as well but if all I can get is the ability to revive players out of the plasma I will be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 143
03-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but the 'No 3rd Party' usually refers to a 3rd party program that interacts with the game client, alters packets or in any case makes the playing process automated, I am sure they don't mean using vent.
Lt. Commander
# 144
03-15-2010, 01:18 PM
But it is an outside program function that Cryptic does not provide in their game that aids in the play of Cryptics game.
Lt. Commander
# 145
03-15-2010, 02:14 PM
If you have problems with infected wait until you try "the cure".:p
Lt. Commander
# 146
03-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
regardless, the game's failure to prepare an average player for this type of mission is going to cause a lot of similar feelings. maybe it just needs to be a whole lot harder to make RA5. I know I don't feel ready for this mission and know I have to spend a lot more time improving my character's ground skills.
My thoughts exactly. This game swings wildly between cakewalk easy and insanely hard. The missions and content from Ens1 to RA5 are a breeze. The only time I had a difficulty with a mission was if it was due to a bug. It makes no sense for this end-game content to be as over the top as this is, that does not compensate for the simplicity of the story arc missions.

While this Infected mission may not be hard for some, in comparison to what this game has been--it is hard and it is irritating. Furthermore, the rewards for doing this does not make it raid worthy. The reason for doing raids over and over is to better your character or for the possibility of getting better gear. There is no significant motivation to go back and redo Infected.

Finally, to force players to jump over an insta-death hazard in a game genre that is susceptible to lag and bugs is insane. Someone please tell Cryptic that the platform jumping is not fun unless you are Mario or Luigi.
Lt. Commander
# 147
03-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Infected can be done with 3 players who know what to do in nearly 45-70min, with 5 players we hit an new intern group record of doing it in 32.48min. With space skilled chars so far. So its not very hard, i think with TS 3/vent, and good players most of you have the same experience like us in it. I hope the Cure will be more difficult and hard for us to get through and the loot will be worth it not like infected...

Also they need to fix that you can skip the misson after killing Summers and get it again to do it again. And that after killing the captain sometimes members of the group dont get the misson updated in mission log... so they have to skip the mission with the others and do it again for the marks of valor.
Lt. Commander
# 148 yeah the plasma pond is dumb
03-15-2010, 06:42 PM
The whole jumping part sucks. I was stuck inbetween one of the platforms and could not be revived. Really lame and buggy mission. They make the borg not respawn at the spawn point once you reach the final room.
Lt. Commander
# 149
03-15-2010, 06:57 PM
We gave this a go yesterday. 5 people, all maxed out in SP/Exp/Gear.

Everything was alright in space (lots of fun).
Beam down, took a couple tries to figure out we need to take out the neurolinks then kill the borgs.
A lot of borgs.
More borgs.
Needs more borgs, so they beam down more borgs.
Do this 3-4 times + corridors.
Last room where the 'Queen' is.
Spent a good 2 hours there, we finally figured it out perfectly (a lot of frastration, this last part is plainly STUPID).

Goal: Destroy center 'big' generator, release Queen, Kill her.
First take out all 4 'mini' generators.
EACH 'mini' generator must be taken down by having 3 members activate the 3 consoles at the same time.
You then have 2-3 seconds to start uploading the virus.
IF successful a timer starts up (around 3 mins) where you need to do all of this THREE more times to be able to take down.
Borgs will keep re-spawning all around you and attack you.
Touch the plasma pool = you die.
Can't re-enter the room once you respawn.
Everyone must die to 'reset' the room.
If the Queen wipes your team, start all over again.

We spent just over 2 hours on the last part, never came close to finishing the Queen.

This is a big 'F**K YOU' from Devs to Players.
Lt. Commander
# 150
03-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Its not that hard, the first Time you need 2-3 hours but it will be better and faster every run.

We did it with just 3 People the first day and many more times after that.
Its also possible after the Virus-fix.

Our best "Run" was today, 32:47mins from Beginnig to the End with 5 Poeple.
It will just need some practise.