Lt. Commander
# 151
03-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovean View Post
Its not that hard, the first Time you need 2-3 hours but it will be better and faster every run.

We did it with just 3 People the first day and many more times after that.
Its also possible after the Virus-fix.

Our best "Run" was today, 32:47mins from Beginnig to the End with 5 Poeple.
It will just need some practise.
Alrighty, shoot me a mail with your name@account and me and my mate can tag along and see how the 'pros' do it.

So far the other 3 'pros' that posted on this thread refused to do it, excuses excuses (which hints they never actually done/finished it).
Lt. Commander
# 152
03-15-2010, 06:13 PM
hm i recored a small demo just to try it and at the end i take a Screenshot.

I hope its enough to proof that it is possible.
Lt. Commander
# 153
03-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan87 View Post
Alrighty, shoot me a mail with your name@account and me and my mate can tag along and see how the 'pros' do it.
You might want to check Croveans post -here-, there's a picture attached showing his best time.

I can second what Crovean wrote, it really gets easier by the time.

//edit:
Too slow ;(

//edit2:
And Ronan87, there are lots of instructions how to do Infected available on the forums if you don't want to develop tactics on your own. You just have to look for them.
Lt. Commander
# 154
03-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Kein Problem, but thank you Dangerix^^

Try this from :

TheGladiator

Rebecca Simmons Boss Video (virus upload):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNIdqTNP7p4
Advanced Jumping Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8sHE_csl4g
Tactical Officer's Guide to STF Ground Combat
http://members.shaw.ca/TheGladiator/...al Officer.htm
Lt. Commander
# 155
03-15-2010, 07:07 PM
I'll take your word from it, i'll see you tonight in Infected then.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 156
03-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlvr
lol how to jump
As simple as jumping sounds there are so many that have no idea what they are doing good work for putting How To Jump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOQLXeREIp8
up here=D[/quote]

dude, i have finished ths mish 3 times... i know how 2 jump. but buggy game mechanics are the real issue with the plasma. jumping should never turn ino a roll, and jumping with dots on u should never lag out a quad core with a load of ram and a gtx card. bottom line, if cryptic's engine is unforgiving, the map shouldnt be... and plasma baths are very, very unforgiving.

again, ive completed it 3 times... just a sucker for punishment i guess. but i have no doubts about how old its getting as i pause mid air and do a forward roll into the plasma, or go to rifle butt a drone and forward roll into the soup with him. or worse, just flat lag out because a borg spawned in the crack of my @ss
Lt. Commander
# 157
03-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:

dude, i have finished ths mish 3 times... i know how 2 jump. but buggy game mechanics are the real issue with the plasma. jumping should never turn ino a roll, and jumping with dots on u should never lag out a quad core with a load of ram and a gtx card. bottom line, if cryptic's engine is unforgiving, the map shouldnt be... and plasma baths are very, very unforgiving.

again, ive completed it 3 times... just a sucker for punishment i guess. but i have no doubts about how old its getting as i pause mid air and do a forward roll into the plasma, or go to rifle butt a drone and forward roll into the soup with him. or worse, just flat lag out because a borg spawned in the crack of my @ss
I wish there was a way to disable the roll. That would keep me out of the plasma quite a bit
Lt. Commander
# 158
03-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovive
I wish there was a way to disable the roll. That would keep me out of the plasma quite a bit
There is. Check your Controls menu (game options, Ground set), and you can disable auto-roll (tap twice to roll).
Lt. Commander
# 159
03-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
There is. Check your Controls menu (game options, Ground set), and you can disable auto-roll (tap twice to roll).
Thanks a bunch mate, I'm not sure how I missed that before. Much appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 160
03-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan87 View Post
Last room where the 'Queen' is.
Spent a good 2 hours there, we finally figured it out perfectly (a lot of frastration, this last part is plainly STUPID).

Goal: Destroy center 'big' generator, release Queen, Kill her.
First take out all 4 'mini' generators.
EACH 'mini' generator must be taken down by having 3 members activate the 3 consoles at the same time.
You then have 2-3 seconds to start uploading the virus.
IF successful a timer starts up (around 3 mins) where you need to do all of this THREE more times to be able to take down.
Borgs will keep re-spawning all around you and attack you.
Touch the plasma pool = you die.
Can't re-enter the room once you respawn.
Everyone must die to 'reset' the room.
If the Queen wipes your team, start all over again.

We spent just over 2 hours on the last part, never came close to finishing the Queen.

This is a big 'F**K YOU' from Devs to Players.[/color]
So needing to do a mission:

1. correctly

2. within a reasonable time frame

3. without respawn zerging

= [edit] in your gaming opinion?.

So please tell me... What game have you been playing ? (apart from the first 44.9 levels of sto lol)

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir