Lt. Commander
# 161
03-16-2010, 01:55 AM
ok so no idea cause no one even the new we are making it harder post does not state what is going on.
i did this mission last week and have not tried it since because i got nothing for it.
not a single drop in space nothing on the ground and no merits or medals or anything.
some loot did drop overall but it was all greens so others needed on them and i thought no big deal there will be more i was wrong. after 6 hours and 5 wipes on the queen the team gave up so it was all for nothing i guess.
what do you have to do to get the merits or the rewards? do you only get them after killing queen? how many do you get? and what loot drops from her ground items or ship items and what color and type?

if anyone has finished this and knows why it was or is so devoid of rewards feel free to let me know and for the love of good battiers and food should not be in this thing as a drop thats just a kick in the crotch.
Lt. Commander
# 162
03-16-2010, 07:14 AM
I got 500 skillpoints for complet ... er, wait, I forgot :: skillcap. Nevermind :p

Honestly, we got some drops. Not worth it for just those, definitely. But I'd say the difficulty and finally needing to play alongside fleetmates were the true rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 163
03-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Well after reading I have to say that is sad.
As a science I can solo the whole space area with no trouble.
Once inside my fleet clears this mission with no deaths and usually in an hour start to finish.
Just learn the pulls heres some advice
ALWAYS pull Patrols first when done right you NEVER get adds
Always get the closest Node down first and they can all be targeted from certain spots without agroing mobs so you can usually get it down by thew time a borg even turns to attack you.
Make sure you have Hypos to help with heals if needed.
Engineers having bunker kit helps to get to the boss.
Remember each node CAN be sinlge pulled. There is never a need to pull a whole room unless someone is dumb.
Once in the final fight
learn to jump and have weapons with knockback on them
one of two strategies work well on the final boss
stay close and work her down fast, everyone must use all the skills, debuffs and heals
or get by the door and make sure an engineer has weapons malfunction on her at all times that really makes her hit like a kitty cat.
here is a link for 2 vids of how we have done it.
www.thedob.net
Lt. Commander
# 164
03-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Just seems a bit odd to me that the event to release the boss is harder than the boss itself
Lt. Commander
# 165
03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRaynor View Post
Just seems a bit odd to me that the event to release the boss is harder than the boss itself
Its not.....