Lt. Commander
# 31
03-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Congratz on taking down the Borg queen. I think you're the first one that posted who actually completed the STF.

Couple of questions:

Did I undesrstand you correctly that there was only two of you left that took down the Borg Queen?

Was there any other loot drops besides the 2 Phaser Bolt Rifles? Did the other members that participated get any loot?
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Well, that suggests that the key to not being one-shotted is keeping a %dmg resist buff up on people at all times - with only two people to aim heals at, your chances are good of having one active from med tricorder or any of the other applicable abilities.

I suppose it could also be a "damage multiplied by number of people nearby" mechanic.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lockheed
What's scary is that once three people take the shield down on one of the generators you get an option to upload a virus to it. My group was reduced to three people so we didn't get to test it, but uploading a virus to a single generator does nothing as they all respawn and shields are brought back up, which lead me to believe all four shields need to go down within 3-4 minutes and virus has to be uploaded simultaneously on all four generators.
No, thats not correct. We actually made it to the queen battle but whe hits for 500+ fire damage a pop so it ended very fast. Do NOT upload the vireus until all 4 shields are down, you only upload it to the last one.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Well, that suggests that the key to not being one-shotted is keeping a %dmg resist buff up on people at all times - with only two people to aim heals at, your chances are good of having one active from med tricorder or any of the other applicable abilities.

I suppose it could also be a "damage multiplied by number of people nearby" mechanic.
Those were exactly my thoughts. Dampening field probably has to be up during the whole encounter and the number of people hitting the queen probably correlates to the amount of damage that her kill shot does. maybe the optimum group is 2 Sci, 2 Eng and 1 Tac.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-04-2010, 12:21 PM
So we finnaly did it. Setup was 2 Tac, 1 Eng and 1 Scie - yes, 4 not 5 ^^

But I won't bother talking any further because this whole event is kinda heavily bugged. Just opened a ticket and we'll see what others report.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Tried this earlier with a pug, 1 tac officer and 4 engineers (3 were fabrication, 1 was covering combat supply for hyposprays)

Space Combat part: great fun, a nice challenge and the need to take down the conduit added a nice need to pay attention, especially with the 2 groups of spheres above and below as well as spawns periodically

Ground combat: It was fun, not as much as space mind. Was an okish challenge but imo it could have done with being a bit harder. I was pleased however that with the way the career's work a medical officer wasn't essential.

Final room: nice idea, if a little fiddly. didn't get to the queen though. The jumping to avoid the plasma as we ran around i found really annoying. I've never liked that kind of obstacle in an MMO. Having to move to dodge things is fine but jump or die is very frustrating with that force field there

Overall it was fun, and shows potential for some very interesting endgame content
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel230 View Post
No, thats not correct. We actually made it to the queen battle but whe hits for 500+ fire damage a pop so it ended very fast. Do NOT upload the vireus until all 4 shields are down, you only upload it to the last one.
Thanks for clearing it up. I was making a wild guess since three of us couldn't really check it out further. Giving it another spin tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-04-2010, 01:06 PM
is it even worth giong to the mission if you dont have a single skill piont into ground combat?

or should i cut my loses and wait for respec?
Lt. Commander
# 39 Uploading Virus Info
03-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel230 View Post
Excellent advice for others!

Also, major grats to e-mc2 and his/her team for completing the raidisode!!!!! I knew it was only a matter of time before a team beat it..though I thought it would take a couple of days.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellandess View Post
I absolutely love the pve QQ cries of how tough this is. Brilliant. Absolutely fantastic. It's about time easy mode got turned off and people have to build a coherent, balanced team to win something.

Can't wait for the 'ideal group' thread....healer, shield-eng, grenade-tac, etc, etc...oh joy.

Just brilliant.
^^ What he said.

Time to take the training wheels off people.

They had better not nerf the hell out of it (the nerfing of Sunwell is what finally got me to cancel wow).