Lt. Commander
# 51
03-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Great Idea, get the boring space combat out of the way in 10 minutes and then make an exciting 4 hour ground combat with loads of generic npc's... great fun.. if you enjoy shooting in your own knee.
I'm really disappointed with this, for crying out loud I hate ground combat and if it weren't for the space combat, I wouldn't be playing this game, and I don't think I'm the only one.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Azrael_ View Post
Great Idea, get the boring space combat out of the way in 10 minutes and then make an exciting 4 hour ground combat with loads of generic npc's... great fun.. if you enjoy shooting in your own knee.
I'm really disappointed with this, for crying out loud I hate ground combat and if it weren't for the space combat, I wouldn't be playing this game, and I don't think I'm the only one.
For sure. If i want to play ground combat than i play some FPS game. Not an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-04-2010, 02:49 PM
ok for those who think the shields regenration is to fast it is because you are doing it all wrong. you DO NOT upload the virus until you disable ALL 4 SHIELDS it is that easy. and yes revive your teamates, they can hop to dry land . still challanging but a whole lot easier just do it the right way
Lt. Commander
# 54 much suck
03-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Took my team ~4 hours to clear this.
One thing, and this a big issue for me.. I don't feel like I'm fighting the Borg. What I do feel, is that I'm facing the Warhammer 40k, Necrons, and that is a deal breaker.

Remove the ability for defeated Borg to get up, w/out the usage of a med drone. (like Romulans have)
The shields to blow through is enough, and lets not even get into the spamming of root/hold, and all my fabrication stuff dying w/in 1-2sec of being placed.

I have to say, this need work, and as of now, it's just way too hard for the rewards.
What did I get for clearing it? A few IX green PoS weapons. Even the freakin Queen dropped trash for me.
FIX THAT!!! And the reward for completing the mission needs to absolutely be a purple.
XP, Credits, and Skill pts... yea like a RA5 needs any of that!!

If ya want tactics.....
As a fab eng, I tried to make syphon and fall back points, w/ turrets, mortars, med gen, and usage of cover shields. I always have RPS on cd. Placing a CS to partially block a doorway, limited the amount of borg coming at us. (though some complained, but f'em...yes, it can make them bug, by just standing there, but no inc dps = fully mitigated dps, so we could deal w/ those after all else is dead)

The last room... well that was another level of hell, but with good usage of CS, I could stop the repop from dps'n 1 or 2 ppl who need to play w/ the clicky. I'd also use it to block dmg, so we could get a rez out/heals during Super Mario sections.

Once we were about to take down the Generator, I went and setup by the force field, placing a Med gen in the corner, CS facing the boss, and turrets + drones towards her. I have to say, the CS saved us BIG time.
It allowed the ppl to rez the dead, and get back to killing her. However, she hits so damned hard, what it boiled down to was this..
1. Rez
2. Shoot 1x
3. Die like a b*tch
4. Wash
5. Repeat

What ended up screwing her, was the boss went into melee w/ our Medic, and the Tacs just flanked her.
I will tell you, we wiped 5+ times in that room, and 5+ times getting to that room, with many many deaths.
Yall want a death penalty now?!! Yea... I won't be doing this mission again.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcian_Darkrobe View Post
I have to say, this need work, and as of now, it's just way too hard for the rewards.
What did I get for clearing it? A few IX green PoS weapons. Even the freakin Queen dropped trash for me.
FIX THAT!!! And the reward for completing the mission needs to absolutely be a purple.
XP, Credits, and Skill pts... yea like a RA5 needs any of that!!
5 medals of valor.
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Guys if you can't handle a challenge go and play damn WoW. You asked for one they gave it to you, it shouldn't be easy, it should be very difficult. Content is too easy nowadays. Good work Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-04-2010, 03:31 PM
For everyone that tried, failed, and complained...I notice you all have something in common.

P*ss poor pugs.

Don't pug it (why anyone would consider pugging this kind of content is beyond me), or if you absolutely feel you must, at least be SOMEWHAT selective in group make up! My god, all the 4 Engineers and 1 Tactical (or similar) groups...no wonder you failed. You are surprised at this? With that kind of a group make up??

Wow...

Friends don't let friends pug.
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg316 View Post
The respawns of areas you already cleared was crazy. Especially since the revive respawn point was all the way at the start of the mission. My team had to reclear areas and their 'nodes' twice, which is total b.s. I know, I know, they are the Borg. They adapt and repair...hogwash!

I had a great time not completing the mission. The space battle at the start was cool. It took coordinated effort, but was won fairly quickly. But the ground was like a crazy bee-hive. Again, I had fun, but the respawns were just insane. And the ambushes while engaged in combat was a nice touch, but again, insane.

Our biggest problem was we lost 1 of our team soon after ground combat begun on the station. So we were down to 4. We made it about halfway through the map w/out our 5th captain (who should be a damn ensing if he did not dc and just quit w/out a word). But after numerous deaths and suicide runs to take out the nodes, and finally getting a little momentum, we lost a second captain. With 3 of us left, we didnt even bother to continue.

To my teammates, thanks for the effort. It was a good day to die, even if we werent Klingon!

My reccommendation, even though I know there will be people who beat this, is re-examine the respawn points and the enemy respawns...or at least one or the other. I will try again as soon as my blood pressure drops. (lol)
it was indeed an honorable battle we fought there, thank you for stying with the team till the numbers of the enemy were too vast for the 3 of us =)

later that evening we were doing another run, with 5 gildies and TS and got to the point were we spawned the queen, but had no luck in killing her as her damage output was unbelievably high.
keeping one alive inside in order to still kill her didnt work, but i guess we will try again tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-04-2010, 03:41 PM
I hate the last part.... took us 2 hrs to get it done. and after that we dident even get any good loot

i'm not doing that again willingly

the other parts were fun tho
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Just did this mission. Had alot of fun and really enjoyed it.

We got through the zone took us a while to figure it out but we got it.

Got to the shield room. Took 4 tries before we got the shields down (we only had 4 guys alive at that point) we eventually got the queen down to about 5% health before we wiped.

Tried it again. Got queen down. Only got a blue shield (glitch?).

team was (pugged)
Betazoid Sci (me) full heals
2x Alien tact
Human Engineer
and a human Tact.

Big key is heals and shields. and fight the queen in the center of the room where the shield generator is. not in the corner (where we did our first fight) as LoS is a big issue.

Was alot of fun. Was it hard, FRICK ya. Was it doable. yes. Should it be toned down abit? Probably. The biggest complaint we had was the jumping.

As for people complaining about not having healing experience? Whenever i'm in a group (random pickup or whatever) i would heal. Most of the time not needed but it gave me experience. The healing that I did in this was more fun then the healing I've done in most other games. STO > WOW