Lt. Commander
# 61
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinPerway
Guys if you can't handle a challenge go and play damn WoW. You asked for one they gave it to you, it shouldn't be easy, it should be very difficult. Content is too easy nowadays. Good work Cryptic.
Clearly you never played WoW. Even the 5 man content in WoW is way WAY more difficult than this. This wouldn't even be a 1 out of 10 on the WoW scale of difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondor
Was alot of fun. Was it hard, FRICK ya. Was it doable. yes. Should it be toned down abit? Probably. The biggest complaint we had was the jumping.
It doesn't need toning down... at all.

I agree about the railings. Until you figure out you have to jump ON the railing before jumping over to the box, you will die alot.

Just remove the rails.
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedryn View Post
For everyone that tried, failed, and complained...I notice you all have something in common.

P*ss poor pugs.

Don't pug it (why anyone would consider pugging this kind of content is beyond me), or if you absolutely feel you must, at least be SOMEWHAT selective in group make up! My god, all the 4 Engineers and 1 Tactical (or similar) groups...no wonder you failed. You are surprised at this? With that kind of a group make up??

Wow...

Friends don't let friends pug.
Exactly.

I knew this day was coming. The game is so ridiculously easy, it's laughable. The real problem, is that you now have a community of Admiral Noobs. Max level characters, that only know how to solo.

Of course it seems impossible when you pug with 4 other Admiral Noobs.
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-04-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm stunned at the amount of peeps saying they tried this without a healer.....

We didn't complete as we had 4 to start then went down to 3 as we got started late, so only had an hour and a half in there. But I was healing my ass off and we were making headway.

Healing, it's good for what ails ya
Lt. Commander
# 65
03-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGladiator
Clearly you never played WoW. Even the 5 man content in WoW is way WAY more difficult than this. This wouldn't even be a 1 out of 10 on the WoW scale of difficulty.
Clearly you haven't played wow for a while, if it got any more dumbed down it's be a preschool kids TV show

WoW used to be hard, now it's much less so. That may have changed in the last 6 months, but I'd still rather be here.

btw, I think STF is fine as it is difficultywise
Lt. Commander
# 66
03-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGladiator
Exactly.

I knew this day was coming. The game is so ridiculously easy, it's laughable. The real problem, is that you now have a community of Admiral Noobs. Max level characters, that only know how to solo.

Of course it seems impossible when you pug with 4 other Admiral Noobs.
Agreed. though I am a little more critical. It's not just getting to max level solo that is the problem, it is doing it without consequences. Now we reap the results of not having a death penalty in the game, at least that would have had a somewhat Darwinian affect on things (learn how to play or spend more time going backwards than forwards)..

All I can say is that if they nerf it because idiots cant be bothered to learn how to play, I will be finding a new game right quick.
Lt. Commander
# 67
03-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedryn View Post
Agreed. though I am a little more critical. It's not just getting to max level solo that is the problem, it is doing it without consequences. Now we reap the results of not having a death penalty in the game, at least that would have had a somewhat Darwinian affect on things (learn how to play or spend more time going backwards than forwards)..

All I can say is that if they nerf it because idiots cant be bothered to learn how to play, I will be finding a new game right quick.
General statement is general. If they nerfed the hours of pointless trash killing youd find a new game?
You expect people to learn to play? Where? What mission will teach me to play? PvP is the only thing that even requries a modicum of thought.

To the person that was saying its harder than wow, what rose colored glasses are you wearing? Man the grass must be really green on your side of the fence. Try getting through anything in wow where all everyone does is autoattack, lemme know how far you get.
Lt. Commander
# 68
03-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithToker
General statement is general. If they nerfed the hours of pointless trash killing youd find a new game?
You expect people to learn to play? Where? What mission will teach me to play? PvP is the only thing that even requries a modicum of thought.

To the person that was saying its harder than wow, what rose colored glasses are you wearing? Man the grass must be really green on your side of the fence. Try getting through anything in wow where all everyone does is autoattack, lemme know how far you get.
I think you misunderstood my point (or I misunderstood yours).

TheGladiator was commenting on how easy the PvE was in this game, leading to a lot of level capped characters that can't play. I was agree and taking it a step further. Not only is it entirely too easy, but without a death penalty *also* (as in, in addition to needing to be harder), people are not forced to learn how to play, leading to the complaints we see here.

STO leads everyone by the hand, and the first time they are on their own they have trouble with the simplest of game mechanics (well, simple in comparison to other games end-game content).

As for WoW, I agree (though I stopped playing just before WotLK came out, when they nerfed the hell out of Sunwell, this after nerfing everything else in BC and removing attunment requirements)
Lt. Commander
# 69
03-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Why do people say 'don't complain that it's hard' when it's above the threshold of hard and near impossible.
Come back 2 weeks from now when the list of admirals saying they can't beat it us quite high...
Lt. Commander
# 70
03-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKcS View Post
Why do people say 'don't complain that it's hard' when it's above the threshold of hard and near impossible.
Come back 2 weeks from now when the list of admirals saying they can't beat it us quite high...
Because it isn't 'near impossible' maybe?

Of course, if you go in with any old random pug and expect to waltz through it I guess you might find it hard...but that's your own fault, and has nothing to do with the content.