Lt. Commander
# 1 FPS question
03-04-2010, 07:48 AM
I just got a new computer and I am trying to figure out the best settings fromt he options screen. I am used to trying out new graphic options and then looking at my FPS in order to see if it is going to work right or not. I don't see anything in game that has FPS info. Can someone tell me how to find out how fast i am running?
Or is there some other way to figure out the best possible settings for my computer?

I am running quad core phenom II and ATI 4200HD
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Ok well I found the command for a FPS graph..... "/fpsgraph 1". But my question now is how do you read this graph? There are blues and greens in the graph and i dont' understand what they mean. There are purple spikes sometimes too. Can someone with a clue give that clue to me?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Try:

/showfps 1

Change the 1 to 0 to turn it off.

Took me exactly 13 seconds with google - you may have heard of it. Its quite handy
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 03:27 PM
thanks dude. and thanks for the nonsarcastic answer as well. usually on these forums people give you all kinds of smart a** comments but you sir are a testament to the theory that there is still good in the world. I thank you from the bottom of my heartstrings.