Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Charette View Post
So you have nothing to add here? Your only reason to be here is your hatred of me? One of us is trying to help out by giving beneficial information. The other person is simply trolling. Can you guess who is who?
Snip.
I believe I did add something of my own. I pointed out the flaws in your tactics and substituted my own. You even quoted it. Perhaps you were too hung up on my opening line? Ego can do that to ya.

I guess I could say spider tanking, rapid targeting changes, and damage control are all legitimate "soft counters," but that applies to any situation. My premades have tried several tactics on negating carrier spam, and no specific counter works, as I outlined before. We only target fighters when we want to embarrass and neuter said carrier. As I said before, kill the siphons, ignore the rest, heal heal heal, and shoot the carrier dead.

I should mention that "kiting" carriers is one of your worst tactics though. You need to engage them in weapons range, otherwise endless amount of fighters will attack you, keeping you in combat, and the carrier safe and dry. Feds are tied to their cruisers as klings to their carriers.

And since you thought I was personally attacking your skill, I should point out that your ego saw what you wanted to see. I in no way said you were bad, I just generalized. Perhaps you should list your in game name so I can give an opinion? It seems that anytime someone does bring up an issue though, you're always quick to denounce them and beat your chest about your leet skills, and how they should... roll a klingon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Charette View Post
Get out and play more. Come back when you have a Klingon at BG5. You will see what we mean when we say that experience is key.
I called you out for acting like an entitled Klingon, and you told me you in no way advocated that Klingons=skill. The above quote seems to put the lies to your words. You have no clue who the above poster was, but you decided he needed to get more experience and roll a klingon. The fact he was a qqer without a valid point means nothing. Be the bigger man and ignore him if you have nothing to add, which was also a criticism of me, was it not?

And yes, perhaps I do rag on you a little, because obvious trolls are annoying, but subtle, snarky commenting trolls just irritate me. You never fail to throw in a "I play a Klingon, therefore I have more experience/skill than you" subtle comment in every post.

All that being said, I recognize that your have many intelligent posts, legitimate points, and decent critiques in many other threads where I said nothing, cause you said it all. I wouldn't bother having a conversation if you weren't worth it, but could you tone down the ego? It's dragging your posts down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Aha! Here is the post! I thought it was in a different thread, so I couldn't find it even though I had gotten the new post message with this in it.

So I'm not going to argue with you any more, because you obviously aren't paying attention. You quote me saying that experience is key, and then say I just said that klingons = skill. Experience doesn't equal skill. Start paying attention to what you are reading and we can talk again.

Oh, and I play a Klingon, so I DO have more experience then you unless you've played as much as I have which, as a fed, is unlikely. That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying I have more skill. I'm saying I have more experience. I'm a good player, but far from great. I don't know how many times I have to say that before people like you will actually understand what I'm saying and stop putting words in my mouth. A troll is someone who posts to **** people off, misquotes, puts words in peoples mouths and generally only post to antagonize. Your posts fits the bill. Mine don't.

And as I posted in the other thread, I thought that forum names were the same as your user name in the game. merai@sam_charette. Come find me and see how good or bad I am. Or you can wait till I get some movies up to see it. I have several from last night showing me doing many stupid things and getting my butt kicked.

Of course if you're in this just to attack me for no good reason then I guess that won't matter to you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Charette View Post
Ok, since there's been sooooo much complaining about the carrier from people who clearly don't want to think up strategies to defeat it, here are some. Granted, I've only fought AS a carrier, not against, so these are things that make my game much harder:


Basics

1) ORGANIZE YOURSELVES. If you aren't in a group supporting each other, you will lose no matter what you are fighting. This is T5.

2) Support each other. It's not good enough to only support yourselves. You have to support each other too. If you aren't healing and helping each other, you're going to lose. By now ALL Klingons know to do this.

3) Focus fire. You won't take anyone down in a group of anything that is supporting each other if you divide your fire. Ever.

4) Pick a squishy target. Raptors and BoPs go down fast to focus fire. Carriers don't. If you can, focus first on the ships that can go down easy, and not the big honking ones because they look like a big target. We don't shoot at cruisers first, neither should you shoot at cruisers or carriers first.

5) Don't ever, EVER, full impulse back to the fight unless your side is already winning. Doing so means that you will come back with no power to anything and, if you're already losing, will get creamed. This is called "Feeding the other team". Best to regroup, especially if there are carriers, because we can't move very well.

Carrier Specifics

1) AoE. One tricobalt at me prior to me sending my fleet off will kill all of them, and then I can only bring a few back. If they aren't near me, shoot the tricobalt (or high yield plasma) at one of them, because they all group together. Tricobalt is better because it's much harder to see coming. If you're going to die, try to die on or near the group of fighters/the carrier. Your explosion will kill them all within range. Many times I've lost a full fighter squadron because they were too close to the enemy they just helped me to kill.

2) Make us move. It's so hard to move and turn that if you really want to hinder us, take the fight elsewhere. We can't easily follow, nor can our fighters, and our fighters will get there before we do, especially if you keep the fight just out of our reach. We get back, get in combat, you move, and I can't get to my team to help them. I have 6 weapons of my own that bringing to the fight can be really difficult to do.

3) Have one person target us and use /assist to help them out. Type the following:

/bind x assist Sam

What this will do is that, whenever you hit the x button, you will select the target of Sam. Change x and Sam as necessary (you will have to do this for every match). This way only one, preferably fast person needs to get a target lock and then all of you can instantly get it.

4) Zoom out. The fighters are coming for you, but if you zoom out far enough you can view us, and so target us, from the back. Your ship doesn't have to be the closest one to the screen.

5) Make us come to you. Very much like #2, but specifically don't come after us, let us come to you. The Klingons who have an itchy trigger finger will likely get into combat before we can, so you'll have a head start on us.


If you work as a team, like nearly all Klingons do, and you change your playing to match your enemy, no matter what it is, you'll have a good chance to win. If, however, you don't play as a team and/or can't be bothered to change your strategy, then you are destined to lose.

The carrier isn't overpowered. They should be able to launch everything outside of combat, because that's what a carrier does. A real carrier can launch many types of fighters, not just one. There are two things that SHOULD be done, though:

1) Get rid of the minion names on the screen. I'm sure that this helps produce the lag (which I, too, as a carrier experience from time to time).

2) Carriers should be in combat as long as their fighters are in combat. Sending in your fighters just to respawn them when they die and send them back in is kinda lame IMO. If your fighters are in combat, so too should you be.

I encourage people to discuss and add to the above. We aren't superships. We just have a different way to damage you than other ships, and so you need to approach us differently in order to win.
Ok here is my reply to your "how to" guide:

1) Good call but if people aren't given more than 4 seconds to invite a 5th player as they zone in before the Klingons pounce on them then they have no way to organize.

2) You pretty much just repeated what you said with 1). Seems like extra fluff to make your post look like it has more content.

3) More info about being organized. Again more fluff.

4) Focus fire the ship with the lowest shield and hull? That's not exactly telling us how to kill a Carrier. In fact you admit that it's just as hard to bring down as a cruiser and we should avoid attacking it until last. Not exactly a great "how to" guide on killing Carriers I must say. But hey, it is still good pvp advice to attack the squishy guy. Too bad he's cloaked... What's that? He just came out of cloak and half our team is SNB'd? Oh god time for us all to die one by one. GG

5) This one is obvious. Players who full impulse back into a losing fight aren't doing so because they think they can "save the day" but because they just want to get the match over with quickly. I know, you would like to sit back and think "lol they are so dumb!!!" but the truth is they just want to grind pvp to get gear faster.

Carrier Specifics? The title of this thread is how to bring down a carrier not general pvp.

1) You think the tri-cobalt is harder to see even though it has a big SQUARE outlining it? I think you just want people to waste it early. Torpedo Spread works much better and is on a shorter cooldown. Horrible advice from you.

2) Your advice is to run away from the carrier? That's how we kill it? By running away? WHAT??? "Hey guys lets fly off over here so we can 4v5 the klinks because the Carrier is slow. Oh wtf they all cloaked and now the Carrier is spawning more crap because it's out of combat! Nooooo!!!!" Horrible advice here.

3) More about being organized. More fluff to make the post longer but have no substance. "hey guys I just zoned into cracked plant can I get a team invite? Oh god they're attacking!!!?? Who is the main assist? Why am I typing instead of fighting? Everyone is dead because I spent the last 20 seconds asking who to assist "

4) The zoom idea is pretty cool. I'll give you points for that one. Although you have to be very close to use this tactic.

5) So your strategy for Feds is for us to just sit at the spawn point and pray the cloaked klinks suicide into us? Ya I'm sure that will happen. Don't get me wrong I'm sure they do rush over to the Fed spawn point but it's to camp us as we zone in 1 by 1, never when we have all 5 already. If they are attacking with 5 feds then it's the Kilingons who are disorganized, so now you're giving us tips on how to beat up a bunch of bad players?

The you go off on a rant here about how players should change their strategy depending on the group makup of the Klingons. "Hey guys we see 1 carrier and 4 cloaked klinks, what to do? lol idk they are cloaked can't see wtf they are tac/sci/eng." Unless you are talking about Pre-made vs. Pre-made then you are just not making sense here.

Here you say carriers are not overpowered. Yet you give no strategy on how to kill it before the other 4 members on it's team. Ok... A real carrier? There are no real Klingon Carriers buddy. This is all fiction. Unless you are talking about Aircraft Carriers that the Navy uses? Once this game is named "High Seas Adventures Online" then you can make that argument. Until then, no.

1) Get rid of minion names you say? That's a decent Idea. I'll give you points for that.

2) Here you talk about how OP you are that you can just spawn fighters left and right as long as you are not in combat. You even admit that it's just wrong that it's possible sit back and do this. Keeping a Carrier in combat is the only way we can bring it down so we MUST stay within 10km of it to keep it in combat. I find it ironic that first you say your Carrier should be able to launch tons of crap and then shortly later you proclaim that it's lame. You sir are a walking contradiction.

And in conclusion you say you are not a "supership" yet you have given next to no tactical information on how to actually kill it as the 2nd or 3rd target. Do you really think it's ok for one guy to spawn 20+ wings of ships while beinga ble to put out the same heals / support as a federation science vessel? I didn't think so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Charette View Post
So I give you lots of ideas, and you come back to QQ, and you wonder why you lose?

I do well as a carrier. Still, though, there were many people tonight who took me out in seconds, and that was working alone. Decent teamwork can take me down really fast. I saw some people using these ideas (don't know if they read them here), and though they didn't win they proved to be very effective in getting rid of the fighters and splitting us up. A little more practice at it and they'll be deadly. Balance can only be truly seen with teams of equal skill. That rarely occurs.

Get out and play more. Come back when you have a Klingon at BG5. You will see what we mean when we say that experience is key.

40 minute queue's prevent Feds from getting tons of experience in PvP. Not that it would fix much. There is a very good reason why Klingons do not queue for KvK. It's because they know that cloak is no fun when the other team has it. That's the truth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhowdy View Post
40 minute queue's prevent Feds from getting tons of experience in PvP. Not that it would fix much. There is a very good reason why Klingons do not queue for KvK. It's because they know that cloak is no fun when the other team has it. That's the truth.
Actually nothing could be further from the truth.

A bunch of KvK zones are bugged where you don't get credit for the fight and there are not enough Klingons playing to fill the ques.

We have to que where the traffic is at T5. That is in Fed Ques. The reason your ques are so long is because there are not enough T5 Klingons around to fight.

Other then my fleet when I pug I see the same faces day after day. I wouldn't be surprised if there are really only 30 to 40 T5 Klingons that play on a regular basis total on the server.


Vllad
Purge
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-07-2010, 05:17 PM
I am one of those annoying sci bop players so my experience in fighting klinks is limited, in fact the only time i have fought a carrier was in the daily (of which i have now done twice). I have to say i find them as easy as those fed ships, pets or not. in fact as far as how fast they blow up only klink cruisers light up faster (hell some escorts have put up more resistance). I don't know who he was or whether his build was good or not but the few peeps i grp with wouldn't consider inviting a carrier as they are more a liability to us than a help. Unless it is your intention to lag the enemy to death.

I appreciate when you que solo you have no idea what or who you will get in a scrn and sometimes you just have the wrong ships for the task but with over a hundred waiting would it be so bad to pre form balanced grps. when there are only 5 klinks waiting there is less need to grp as you're going to see them in the nxt game anyway.

love it or hate it, while it is available sub vm the toad and let the escorts pew pew it into oblivion, and save that scan sensors for them, i know now you can see us on the map you think it might be worth a shot at pulling a klink out but -75% reisits on a carrier when the escorts focus on it will ruin its day.

ruining your day in every way

Outcast
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Charette View Post
Aha! Here is the post! I thought it was in a different thread, so I couldn't find it even though I had gotten the new post message with this in it.

So I'm not going to argue with you any more, because you obviously aren't paying attention. You quote me saying that experience is key, and then say I just said that klingons = skill. Experience doesn't equal skill. Start paying attention to what you are reading and we can talk again.

Oh, and I play a Klingon, so I DO have more experience then you unless you've played as much as I have which, as a fed, is unlikely. That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying I have more skill. I'm saying I have more experience. I'm a good player, but far from great. I don't know how many times I have to say that before people like you will actually understand what I'm saying and stop putting words in my mouth. A troll is someone who posts to **** people off, misquotes, puts words in peoples mouths and generally only post to antagonize. Your posts fits the bill. Mine don't.

And as I posted in the other thread, I thought that forum names were the same as your user name in the game. merai@sam_charette. Come find me and see how good or bad I am. Or you can wait till I get some movies up to see it. I have several from last night showing me doing many stupid things and getting my butt kicked.

Of course if you're in this just to attack me for no good reason then I guess that won't matter to you.
Ya I saw your other post, I figured that was what you were talking bout, but it did confuse me for a minute.

You still think I'm attacking your "experience" in my posts, and you accuse me of failed reading comprehension? This is why you equate skill with experience, whether you realize it or not (and by now, I surely don't expect you to).
-You throw the word experience around as much as some do with L2P.
-I attack your "experience" and you feel the need to defend your playstyle-aka skills
-You believe for some reason that to be experienced in PvP, you need to play Klingon. This is false, and too similar to the "klings have more skill and/or exp. argument." Weak point, but in combination with your general attitude, only reinforces it.

Do I have to quote you word for word (misquote wut)? In response to my critique that "experienced" carrier pilots usually don't know how to play, you said "Hmm, generally winning, generally high in DPS and healing.. Yup, I already know the right way to PvP thanks." I never addressed you personally, but you felt the need to defend yourself... and your skill. You must of assumed you were the experienced pilot with the lack of skill. This was before our little "experience" argument started. Why did you assume I meant you? You failed to pick up on this, and tell me I can't read?

And apparently we've had a misunderstanding. I feel that you don't have to play Klingon for more experience. And I can tell you right now that your claim of more experience is misguided. I've played Klingon AND Fed, since beta thru 45. In fact, I played nearly as much PvP leveling as a Fed as I did with my Klingon, since trying to level PvP as a Fed slows you down quite a bit more (no pvp quests). I know many others who've done the same. The simple fact is if you want to be good as Feds, you have to play Feds, and the same for Klingons. The ships and tactics are about as different as you can get, save for some general similarities. You and I have both learned all the advanced basic stuff, the rest is in the details.

Whether you agree or not with my posts is fine, but I posted a harshly critical post because I strongly disagreed with you and your attitude on occasion. If you're not prepared to believe you may be wrong, or be harshly criticized, then don't post. A simple jab to your self importance has brought on a firestorm of aggression from you, which proves my point. Guess the discussion IS over. Your simple dismissal of my valid points with an accusation of trolling is an empty argument.

And forum names can be different, afaik. That's why I asked. I don't recall running into you, but I'm sure I have.

And I'm done trying to make nice. You conveniently ignored that part. Reading comprehension my a**. I'm not the only one to disagree with you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhowdy View Post
1) Good call but if people aren't given more than 4 seconds to invite a 5th player as they zone in before the Klingons pounce on them then they have no way to organize.
I've already given my opinion on spawn camping. I hate it. Look at the staging area link in my sig. That said, you can still organize afterwards, and if you're fighting carriers you WILL have time to group up. We take a very long time to get to the fight.

Quote:
2) You pretty much just repeated what you said with 1). Seems like extra fluff to make your post look like it has more content.
It is a separate point because of how important it is. Some groups will organize themselves, but not support each other. They are two separate things, but I do apologize for the confusing wording.

Quote:
3) More info about being organized. Again more fluff.
Lots of people don't seem to understand that focus fire is necessary. When you tell someone to organize, they may not think to support each other and focus fire, even though that is part of organization. That's why it's there. I've seen groups that support each other, but since they all have different targets they can't take anyone down. You likely aren't one of these people, and good for you. This thread is for everyone, though, not just people who already have the basics.

Quote:
4) Focus fire the ship with the lowest shield and hull? That's not exactly telling us how to kill a Carrier. In fact you admit that it's just as hard to bring down as a cruiser and we should avoid attacking it until last. Not exactly a great "how to" guide on killing Carriers I must say.
Did you not read the category of "Basics"? This wasn't intended to be the part on carriers. The category of "Carrier Specifics" below this is. That said, one of the best ways to take out a carrier is to outnumber and overwhelm them. That's easier to do when they don't have team mates.

Is SNB a cone or a direct attack? I've never seen an instance where it affected more than one individual. I'd also go so far as to say that I don't think I've ever seen a Klingon do it. Of course there are plenty of Klingons I have played with that I don't know what they are doing, but of those that I play regularly with none of us use it.

I have been the victim of it many times, though, so this problem isn't unique to you. We all have to deal with SNB.

Quote:
5) This one is obvious. Players who full impulse back into a losing fight aren't doing so because they think they can "save the day" but because they just want to get the match over with quickly. I know, you would like to sit back and think "lol they are so dumb!!!" but the truth is they just want to grind pvp to get gear faster.
Some do, sure, but this guide isn't for them. This is for people who want to win, and I guarantee you that there are people who do this to get back to the fight. Though it's a bonehead move, I do it. I only do so when I think that I can make a difference, of course, but I've been caught with my pants down on many occasions because I did this. If I'm up against a decent team this will certain get me killed. I think I have some of that on video, though I'll have to look.

Quote:
1) You think the tri-cobalt is harder to see even though it has a big SQUARE outlining it? I think you just want people to waste it early. Torpedo Spread works much better and is on a shorter cooldown. Horrible advice from you.
When I wrote that it was only from experience against it. It's worked nicely against me. Then I got one of my own, and I must agree that it really isn't that hard to spot or take out. I've since taken it off my carrier because of how rare it is that I can get a hit from it. It's better used by a fast ship who can get in quickly so there's minimal time to take it down. I didn't mention the spread because I've heard people complain that it does nothing. When I used to use it a loooong time ago I noticed that everything was already in another location when the spread hit, so I figured it was useless. I'll have to test that.

Quote:
2) Your advice is to run away from the carrier? That's how we kill it? By running away? WHAT??? "Hey guys lets fly off over here so we can 4v5 the klinks because the Carrier is slow. Oh wtf they all cloaked and now the Carrier is spawning more crap because it's out of combat! Nooooo!!!!" Horrible advice here.
If you get the carrier out of combat then you are now outnumbering your enemy. If you take the combat even a short distance out of the carrier range in the back, then you have a long time with this advantage. "How to kill a carrier" doesn't mean that you take it out first. The best way to take it, or anything down is to do so when it's alone.

And any carrier pilot who only sends his goons in is a tool. They don't do much damage, are difficult to control, and are little more than a nuisance. With the carrier out of battle there are no debuffs, no buffs, no healing, 6 fewer weapons and you don't have to waste your precious skills on the one extra. You can focus better.

Quote:
Everyone is dead because I spent the last 20 seconds asking who to assist
I like to think that people are generally more intelligent than you put forth. If you zone in and they're attacking it's obviously not the right time to set this up. Who's the one with no substance here?

If you're in an organized group, not a PuG, then you have plenty of time to set this up prior to the match. If you zone in alone you're already at a disadvantage.

Quote:
4) The zoom idea is pretty cool. I'll give you points for that one. Although you have to be very close to use this tactic.
Yeah, as with the tricobalt I didn't have much experience with this when I first wrote the topic. I thought you could zoom out farther. If you're in the thick of things, though, it will certainly work. You probably don't need to get the camera behind them, but zooming out and rotating will likely help.

Quote:
5) So your strategy for Feds is for us to just sit at the spawn point and pray the cloaked klinks suicide into us? Ya I'm sure that will happen. Don't get me wrong I'm sure they do rush over to the Fed spawn point but it's to camp us as we zone in 1 by 1, never when we have all 5 already. If they are attacking with 5 feds then it's the Kilingons who are disorganized, so now you're giving us tips on how to beat up a bunch of bad players?
I find it sad that you're so pessimistic. There's no reason not to take advantage of those who have no patience, and I have played with several Klingons who, for whatever reason, don't stay with the carriers. If they attack you, and the carriers aren't around, then kill them and now you have a huge advantage. If you come to US though then everyone's going to be around. There are many ways to use our speed to your advantage.

Quote:
The you go off on a rant here about how players should change their strategy depending on the group makup of the Klingons. "Hey guys we see 1 carrier and 4 cloaked klinks, what to do? lol idk they are cloaked can't see wtf they are tac/sci/eng." Unless you are talking about Pre-made vs. Pre-made then you are just not making sense here.
Your best bet is always in a premade. That is a big part of the organization I spoke about above. If you want the best chances possible, get in a premade. Barring that, if you can heal the alpha target then you can survive long enough to pick a target and focus on them. Even if you fail the first encounter, you can change your tactics for the second. Set up a target bind.

/bind t team Target --[$target]--

So if your target happens to be Sam, then when you press the T you will say in team chat "Target --[Sam]--". Press t a few times and people might join you on the same target.

Quote:
Here you say carriers are not overpowered. Yet you give no strategy on how to kill it before the other 4 members on it's team.
So give some of your own. I'm looking for more to add. The best strategy to beat ANYTHING tough is to take out its support fast. The faster you can take a squishy down, the better your chances on the not so squishies.

Quote:
Ok... A real carrier? There are no real Klingon Carriers buddy. This is all fiction.
I never said a real Klingon carrier. That would be as ridiculous to say as it was for you to assume.

Quote:
Unless you are talking about Aircraft Carriers that the Navy uses? Once this game is named "High Seas Adventures Online" then you can make that argument. Until then, no.
You do realize that this game, every other space ST game, and the board games are all based off of naval combat, right? In any space warfare scifi there are nearly always comparisons to naval combat. When someone makes something that is named and behaves like a naval ship, then chances are it's supposed to emulate that naval ship.

Quote:
2) Here you talk about how OP you are that you can just spawn fighters left and right as long as you are not in combat. You even admit that it's just wrong that it's possible sit back and do this. Keeping a Carrier in combat is the only way we can bring it down so we MUST stay within 10km of it to keep it in combat. I find it ironic that first you say your Carrier should be able to launch tons of crap and then shortly later you proclaim that it's lame. You sir are a walking contradiction.
*laughs* I don't proclaim that it's lame to spawn all of their fighters. It's lame to sit back and send them in without going in yourself. Why? Because you're making your team fight with one less person. Less heals, less hull to tank with, less debuffs, less weapons. It's lame because it gimps your team. It's not lame because it's OP to do so. As I said, any carrier pilot who purposely does this is a tool, and would be kicked from my team.

Quote:
And in conclusion you say you are not a "supership" yet you have given next to no tactical information on how to actually kill it as the 2nd or 3rd target. Do you really think it's ok for one guy to spawn 20+ wings of ships while beinga ble to put out the same heals / support as a federation science vessel? I didn't think so.
It's 24 ships max, 6 of which are useless, 2 of which are easy to avoid, and 16 which are decent but don't do a lot of damage. The ship has 1 fewer Boff spot (an ensign spot) so that's one extra science team that it can't bring on. It can't cloak on a team that always cloaks, so it stands out like a sore thumb. Your team doesn't stay close to you, and you can't get to them. The science ship is significantly more maneuverable (the fed cruiser is 50% more maneuverable than the carrier).

So yeah, I think it's ok.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm somewhat confused.

This entire thread, linked to in signatures and used as a refuting argument of "well just head to this link and see how easy it is to kill a carrier" is made by a carrier pilot himself with NO EXPERIENCE FIGHTING CARRIERS AS A FED IN TIER 5, and the people lauding it seem to be mostly klingon players themselves.

When a fed opens their mouth about anything, they get destroyed by calls of "QQing" or pulling out 20 quotes from their post and ripping them apart.

I can't wait for the giant nerf stick to hit the Klingon carriers...perhaps then they can come up with some "SPECIAL TACTICS" "LEARN THE BO ABILITIES" and "ADAPT" to win in pvp.

Happy flaming!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-07-2010, 08:46 PM
I just like a good fight.. I had pvp's today against 2 or 3 carriers.. dont remember, dont care..

Point is.. it was fun.... Get a science vessel and equip it have sensor scramble, VMIII, subnu beam, as a sci adm (capt) you get photonic fleet, and then use titans rift or gravity well and you can pretty much get one carrier out.. Its a game.. Ive won, Ive lost.. just have fun..

This whole, nerf this nerf that, give us this since they have that.. is getting old..
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.