Lt. Commander
# 1 Admiral Promotion Mission
03-04-2010, 09:31 AM
So, before this patch, my captain promotion mission glitched and I was unable to complete it, but I was able to do the admiral promotion mission. After the newest patch, when I logged in, I automatically completed the bugged captain mission, but I also got the admiral promotion mission again.

So, basically, I just got another 6 inventory slots, 12 bank slots, and another free admiral rank ship.

Image: http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5...anditemslo.png
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Hey YellowPaint,
Thanks for the heads up, that's a weird one. Do you remember how you were able to get the Admiral mission without your Captain mission being completed? Did you contact customer service or submit a ticket, or were you able to get it just through normal gameplay?

-Continuum
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowPaint
So, basically, I just got another 6 inventory slots, 12 bank slots, and another free admiral rank ship.

Image: http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5...anditemslo.png
I commend you for your extremely high levels of honesty. Most people would have stayed quiet about this happening to their character XD
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 12:13 PM
I had a 'stuck' Captain mission and was able to get and complete my Admiral promotion.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum
Hey YellowPaint,
Thanks for the heads up, that's a weird one. Do you remember how you were able to get the Admiral mission without your Captain mission being completed? Did you contact customer service or submit a ticket, or were you able to get it just through normal gameplay?

-Continuum
I was able to get it through normal gameplay. I reached admiral, got the mission, and completed just like any other promotion mission. After I completed the admiral mission, I noticed the captain mission never completed even though everything I was suppose to do was check marked.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2010, 05:24 PM
I had this same issue. Soon as I logged in, I zoned and contacted Admiral Quinn. My bugged Captain Promotion mission cleared, but he gave me the Promotion to Admiral mission which I was able to complete. I got the free ship and everything. As I see it, I call it a wash because I wound up having to buy my Admiral's ship at full price since the Captain promotion was bugged. Now I have my spiffy new Sovereign class ship to tool around with.

As a side note... I never did get a response to the ticket I put in for this over a week ago. I did see in the patch notes that this was fixed, but I find it very hard to believe that GMs are unable to log in and clear these kinds of glitches by just completing the mission. Something isn't programmed right there since this is a common practice for a common occurrence in most all MMOs. You might want to look into changing this at some point to allow for GMs to clear the missions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm also in the same boat as the OP is.

I reached Captain a week or so ago. Did the the Captain Promotion mission. It didn't resolve. Just continued playing. Reached Admiral a few days ago. Did the Admiral Promotion mission normally. Got my slots and my new ship. But my Captain Promotion mission was still on my list at the time.

And now in the latest patch. They fixed the problem. And it worked, it cleared my Captain Promotion.

But then... when I Hailed Starfleet, Quinn was offering my Admiral Promotion again. Wanting to clear my Hail Starfleet list, I did it again. I had assumed it wouldn't give me the same rewards anyway, since I already got them previously. I talked to Quinn, and it seems I was wrong... he gave me another round of inventory and banks slots, AND a new ship. O_O

I'm not much worried about the ship, since I discharged it after looking at it and looking at the bridge. Mostly because of the the darn display bug that changes the numbers shown on ship items based on the last ship you bought, rather than what you're currently using. (Really wish they'd fix that >_<)

Anyway, what I'm worried about is the extra inventory and bank slots. I'm worried that it might corrupt my character file in the future? I mean, what if the servers only expects you to have only so many item slots, and I end up going beyond what the game is expecting. Like when they introduce new ways to expand your item slots. I do them all, but I still have this "+1" round of item slots, and I go beyond a per character hard limit? So I was wondering if this is ok? >_< Should the extra slots be removed, because they might cause technical problems? (Or is it safe to keep them? >_>)
Lt. Commander
# 8 Same
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Same as Op I had the captain mission bug for the longest time then the night before last I made it to admiral got my ship and everything completed all while having the captain promotion quest bug. when I logged in yesterday It finally cleared and like the OP it gave me the extra slots,ship, and costume. I have not used any of my extra stuff cause for one I don't really need it and didn't want to mess up my account in some way.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm still looking into this one to figure out what exactly happened. Well more specifically why it happened, it's pretty clear what happened.

Don't worry about your characters they are definitely not corrupted you just got a double reward for Admiral basically.

I'll let you know when I hunt this one down.

-Continuum
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2010, 11:51 PM
I have a similar issue however mine has a much more irritating end result. My captian mission cleared itself with the patch but my admiral one is and has been grayed out saying i was ineligeible to get it when i received it. This has resulted in me not being able to purchase ANY ship even with credits for any rank, it wont work at all. I have put in multiple tickets for this issue and gotten no satisfactory results from them. I cannot get my admiral ship, I cannot buy a ship, I am pretty sure I am being shorted 2 officer slots as they are present but grayed out. I cant even guess what else is missing or otherwise screwed up.