Lt. Commander
You hear a lot of people ask for "more IQ, less pew pew" on the forums (and elsewhere), so I really wanted to drop a line saying how much I really enjoyed this mission, especially the end. I'm not going to spoil it for those who haven't already done it, but the "choice" you had to make was exactly the type of thing I want to see more of while questing in STO. I also liked how a character that I met in a previous mission was included, it had continuity, another thing I like to see.

Yes, I ran into some bugs along the way, and yes there was still some "pew pew" but it was a refreshing change overall.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 02:29 PM
What level is this mission? I'll look forward to it!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I did this at Captain 2, but I think it might have been a Captain 0 quest or a step lower (sorry I don't keep track of that very well, I get to em when I get to em. )

Hey scriptwriters ya listening? More missions with "choices", more plot-twists, and more RPG-esque type gameplay!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenVoodoo View Post
I did this at Captain 2, but I think it might have been a Captain 0 quest or a step lower (sorry I don't keep track of that very well, I get to em when I get to em. )

Hey scriptwriters ya listening? More missions with "choices", more plot-twists, and more RPG-esque type gameplay!
Sweet, thanks! No quite that level, but soon (another few days). I'll look forward to this one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
You hear a lot of people ask for "more IQ, less pew pew" on the forums (and elsewhere), so I really wanted to drop a line saying how much I really enjoyed this mission, especially the end. I'm not going to spoil it for those who haven't already done it, but the "choice" you had to make was exactly the type of thing I want to see more of while questing in STO. I also liked how a character that I met in a previous mission was included, it had continuity, another thing I like to see.

Yes, I ran into some bugs along the way, and yes there was still some "pew pew" but it was a refreshing change overall.
Yeah I liked that one too. I still don't know whether I made the right decision .. so of course dreading their return to see what the outcome of my decision was rofl.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Yeah I liked that one too. I still don't know whether I made the right decision .. so of course dreading their return to see what the outcome of my decision was rofl.
Yeah, me too. I was like, "Um, did I pick the right one?" But that was the fun part of it. I want to do it again just to see what the other option would do (if anything).
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Agreed, probably the best mission in STO so far!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Yeah, me too. I was like, "Um, did I pick the right one?" But that was the fun part of it. I want to do it again just to see what the other option would do (if anything).
Hmm never thought of that idea. But my next gal is still aways off from that so might end up forgetting and go with my gut again Thats the sort of choices I like to make. Not whether they were right or wrong for the mission but whether they were right or wrong for what I wanted to choose. Consequential choices that then affect what happens later on. Now like you said, are the two choices really different or will they result in the same mission later on and thus a meaningless part to the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 06:34 PM
This was a truly phenomenal mission. The ending was jsut awesom... so thrilling to have to make the big choice and then suffer the consequeces. Then the final outcome was such a huge surprise. And now I'm stuck in so much emotion like you go through a major cliffhanging episode where you're stucking waiting who-knows-how-long until you can continue from that outcome.

The only real flaw I saw in the whole mission was earlier after beeming on the ship. You're told to set your phasers to stun. Um.... With all my Tetryon and Poleron weapons -- what stun settings? I think there should have been and issue of stun phasers or even a special hypo or a knockout gas .... like an early on mission when we had to pick up the fire extinguisher. That would have made the mission more realistic.

Other than that, I really loved it. I'm waitng for the next episode beyond this one.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abierzen
This was a truly phenomenal mission. The ending was jsut awesom... so thrilling to have to make the big choice and then suffer the consequeces. Then the final outcome was such a huge surprise. And now I'm stuck in so much emotion like you go through a major cliffhanging episode where you're stucking waiting who-knows-how-long until you can continue from that outcome.

The only real flaw I saw in the whole mission was earlier after beeming on the ship. You're told to set your phasers to stun. Um.... With all my Tetryon and Poleron weapons -- what stun settings? I think there should have been and issue of stun phasers or even a special hypo or a knockout gas .... like an early on mission when we had to pick up the fire extinguisher. That would have made the mission more realistic.

Other than that, I really loved it. I'm waitng for the next episode beyond this one.
Yeah I'm waiting for the continuation as well. Should be fun.

As for the stun setting, um yeah. I was like "Stun? I like killin' Well, ok then." They did work around that bit in a good way I thought by having the NPCs go "dizzy" or dazed, just short of blowing them away, lol.